The Entity

Pretend you're someone else and show the world how geeky you really are!
Rred
Baka Otaku

The Entity

Post by Rred »

Well, I am new to this forum, but I am not new to role-playing(I've been rping collectively about 8 years or so), so hopefully this rp shall not disappoint!
First off, the rp is fantasy-based, and slightly dystopian, so no advanced technology, even such as automobiles or indoor plumbing in most areas of this world. And, beyond the races that I have specified(Human/Half), you may create your own race, as long as a detailed description is provided, and it's not too ridiculous :D. Hmm.. that's really all that needs to be specified, so with that said, I shall now post the storyline :D
Background
This world is filled with death. Most everyday, we're burying someone who has just died, due to sickness, or old age, or murder, or an accident, or anything. It's sad, the state we're in. Years ago, the atmosphere, where the soul goes when you die, filled up with souls, so there was nowhere for anyone to go when they died. So, they were shoved at out and became horrible, dark, pollution-spewing monsters known as Entities. The Elders and the Shamans believe that there is a place where spirits can rest with an infinite amount of space: the light spectrum, such as the Halves' souls reside when they die. However, when a human dies, their soul is 'colourless' and therefore cannot escape into the light spectrum, and thus, they become an Entity. During a life, a human's soul is white, the colour of true light, but when transformed into an Entity, the soul is black, the absence of light. The only way for one to enter the light spectrum is for their soul to be 'coloured'. The only ones who are able to do so are known as Artists, and can change the colour of one's soul by communicating with it. There are two ways to communicate: through song or through touch. One who sings is a Singer, and one who touches is a Painter. Artists would reside in large temples, and loved ones of a recently deceased would visit the Artist to have their family member or friend coloured. Now, the Artists have all but disappeared, and the temples are empty. Entities ravage the land, and eventually, the world will end. It seems as though all hope is lost. Maybe.
Character Form
Name:
Race: Human or Half(half-human/beast creature)
Land of Origin:
Current Location:
Brief History/Background:
Personality/Alignment:
Appearance:
Weapon(s):
Profession/Occupation/Social Class:
Family/Friends:
Skills/Talents/Abilities:
Characters(As each new person joins, I shall edit this post with it)(When at least three people join, we shall actually commence the rp)(And, multiple characters may be created, just don't go crazy :D)
Rred
Name: Iris Mestowe
Race: Human
Land of Origin: Bothnel(southern area), Varekai
Current Location: Wandering the forests of Bothnel
Brief History/Background: Iris was born in a small village on the land mass merely known as Varekai. As like most people, her life was filled with death from the very beginning. A massive fire broke out in her village when she was about five and killed her parents, leaving her older brother, Bryant, to care for Iris and her younger sister, Asht. About ten years later, Bryant died, becoming an Entity, as no Artist lived in central Varekai. So, Iris had to take care of the ever nihilistic Asht until she died. Now, Iris wanders the country-side, desperately in search of an Artist to colour her sister's soul.
Personality/Alignment: Quiet, introverted and always seems to be deep in thought. Somewhat of a cynic and a nihilist, but always tries to keep up hope. Hasn't been happy in a long time.
Appearance: Iris is slim and of average height. She usually wears a white tank-top and a pair of tan knee-length pants that are tight around the edges, with no shoes, and light blonde hair. She is heterochromatic, meaning that her eyes are two different colours. One is pale hazel and the other is multi-coloured, although she usually keeps the multi-coloured one covered with her hair.
Weapon(s): A discarded walking-staff
Profession/Occupation/Social Class: Wanderer
Family/Friends: All dead
Skills/Talents/Abilities: A talented musician and artist. Able to run quickly and climb easily. Somewhat acrobatic. Agile and flexible.