How to RP properly!

Pretend you're someone else and show the world how geeky you really are!
Goldenwolf
Absolute Otaku

Re: How to RP properly!

Post by Goldenwolf »

can ya give me a quick tip on how to make it look interesting? that would be great and i wouldn't have to tell people over again what they're doing wrong
AA siblings: Mik3
IS IN CHIBI MOOD....PRONE TO GODZILLA RAGE THO RAAAAAAWR *stomp*
AMRAY FANGIRL <3
Jasse
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Jasse »

Haha sure why not :P The first thing you gotta do is make it look good! ^^ First off, if you have anything personal to say before starting the RP just say it with ordinairy text. Then you can start with the story, usually I use italic for that text, it looks alot better then and more interesting. Try making the story looks something like this:

texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext
texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext
texttexttexttext.

texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext...

texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextext
texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext
texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext.

And not like
this:texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext
texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext
texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextvtexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext
texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext.

You clearly see the difference right? Oh and always use spellcheck, use unordinairy words and ways to speak also, making it more interesting to read. Use the bold and the underline commands as well to strengthen words or sentences and also make the layout more variable. DON'T USE SMILEYS! Make sure to start all sentences with capital letters and use big "I" always and you know, all that [censored] you learn in school ^^ Anywho, I'll lookey up one of meh old RPs from the old days and give you some examples in a PM later on. But try these things, but seriously, if you really have done a great job with the first post and people don't get it, just do like I used to do, kick em ;) Get together a team of people you know you RP good with and RP with them all the time ^^ Anyhow, hope some of this helps, ta ta!
Dick Nasty wrote:DickSandwich
Jesus Christ wrote:ur a mastermind
Gaming Goddess wrote:I know, I know. I'm just messing. You've always been able to please me sexually Jasse
Goldenwolf
Absolute Otaku

Post by Goldenwolf »

yeah that does help thank you :D
AA siblings: Mik3
IS IN CHIBI MOOD....PRONE TO GODZILLA RAGE THO RAAAAAAWR *stomp*
AMRAY FANGIRL <3
Inuyasha9
Baka Otaku

Post by Inuyasha9 »

where can you join an rp? i'm new here and this is a pretty good bit to take in. so please get back to me as soon as possible.
Pink Supervisor|EL
Absolute Otaku

Post by Pink Supervisor|EL »

Rp's are listed below... just post a designated profile (should be on the first page of every RP) fill out the form and wait to be accepted or join in right off the bat ^_^

and welcome to AA, Call me AA...i think i'm one of the more veteran RPers on this site...:heh: atleast i think i am....
Assassin of the Black Knights
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
Jasse
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Jasse »

You weren't around as far back as I remember :P
Gaming Goddess wrote:I know, I know. I'm just messing. You've always been able to please me sexually Jasse
Pink Supervisor|EL
Absolute Otaku

Post by Pink Supervisor|EL »

meh... i only went back 2-3 years back when i joined...i'm not the most experienced...and my Rp style has changed through that time...

so anyone have tips on trying to successfully control 7 equally important characters?
Assassin of the Black Knights
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
Jasse
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Jasse »

The tip from me is don't. Too much characters for you gives waaaay to much work and in the end, you'll just be too lazy to continue RPing. Atleast if you're thinking of characters that are equally important to your own roleplay character.
Space Cowboy
Baka Otaku

Post by Space Cowboy »

Dude I just recently found out what rp stands for..
MisunderstoodDreamer
Absolute Otaku

rp question

Post by MisunderstoodDreamer »

Hey, I heard on a myspace group that having my character control 7 elements is god-modding, even when he is completely human otherwise. Can someone clarify if it is against the rules to control 7 elements?
Done with this account, making a new one. Thank you role-players that have worked well with me, I hope to see you all again in my new account.
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Re: Required Reading: Forum Rules & Guidelines

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

The Hooded Boy wrote:Hey, I heard on a myspace group that having my character control 7 elements is god-modding, even when he is completely human otherwise. Can someone clarify if it is against the rules to control 7 elements?
shouldn't you be posting this in an RP thread like this:

http://www.absoluteanime.com/forum/view ... =59&t=5100
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
SASSZAIN

Re: Required Reading: Forum Rules & Guidelines

Post by SASSZAIN »

yes he should.

fixed..
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Rosalia W. Cheetah
Uber Otaku

Post by Rosalia W. Cheetah »

Tips to how to roleplay....

Well, first off; DON'T DO TXT CHAT 4 RPING... It seriously is a bad idea, for you would end up on the worng side of someone who hates trying to figure out what you were trying to post. Those of us would like to just read your post without having to translate it into regular English...

Now then, now that I got that out of my system... XD Try to keep out of character talk and in-character, or else OOC and IC, seperate so that we can understand what you're saying both ways. Here's a don't post right here.
idunneedspeling wrote:so i was like trying to get her to understand wat i'm saying and she jus don't get it!
gohan powers up to super saiyan 2, getting to more power for the fight ahead of him. he then launches a KamehameHA!
See why it would irritate others? Simple solution would be to use your OOC chat in (()), [], or even putting it after OOC: and then use IC: for your post in the roleplay.

I bet someone had already pointed out these two pointers, but it never hurts to refresh your roleplaying skillz! :wink: Just spell the best you could, use spellchecker if you can, and make sure your grammar skills are up-to-peak, such as able to tell between what to and two are supposed to be. :mrgreen: Oh, and try to post a big post so that someone would have something to work with it, it doesn't have to be very long! Just three or four sentances if that's all you could post at the time.

Alrighty, I'm done. *Laughs*
If anyone is willing, please send tips on how to animate -

I believe I will begin the project of creating episodes based on the book series 'Acorna the Unicorn Girl'.
Zakuraa
Baka Otaku

Post by Zakuraa »

Eh, i'm sorta used to different rules of RP. Where it's not *[insert actions here]* "[saying here]". I'm used to: Alii walks down the hallway, her breath nearly visible, "Hello?!" she called out. Her voice only to echo through the long dark hallway that scaled on and on.

Get what I mean? I'm hoping there's a way to post separate RP rules. Not to offend the current ones that have been here for awhile, but I just feel like that's the lazy way to do it. >,< Again, no offense.

I'm recommending if not already done: A OOC thread, then a IC thread. If already attempted and didn't work, I apologize for wasting your time.

Edit: Got confirmation. Parts provided by Medaton. ^^ Thanks to him summing it up for me.

Here:
Now, I just want you all to know, I take my RPing seriously.
1: How NOT to RP:
=-=-=-=
*sucks at understanding rules*
Nooblet: I don't know what I'm doing he then walked away and died cause he sucked.
cant understand
picks up
I then run to the bathroom. He took a pee and then writhed around on the ground.
=-=-=-=
See
the problems? 1: Asteriks are in Chats and Forum speak for showing
action. Using them like Naiko does, ((she just puts a descriptive
sentence in them)) is ok. Script form is not excepted. And if you still
use it, dont include actions in it. Also, by "No Asteriks" I dont mean
just put it in like what i highlighted Red. By "No Asteriks" I mean
type out the actions. If it literally hurts me to read something like
that, you know something is wrong. Plus you can show more action and
description by typing it out. Also, and I cant believe I have to say
it, dont change form. If you use I and You, stick with them. If you use
He, She, Her, and Him, stick with them.
How TO RP:
"So this is the correct form?" asked Brawley.
"Yah, it uses dialogue and description" Medaton replied, a bit pissed off.
"And
this is how thoughts are shown?" Brawley thought, knowing Crystal can
read minds. Crystal nodded and then rolled his eyes. Brawley was
beginning to pester him.
2: Bunnying
Moving others is caled Bunnying. Dont touch another's chars:
Excepted:
a) Punching Kyle straight in the face with the claws he had grown, Rale sent Kyle flying into the air.
cool.gif Hiro looked at Sayorin. It had to be done. They both ran from the building, making sure to destroy the body at the front.
c)
Taking her hand, Tih led her back to the palace, allowing her to walk
in front. He made sure to get her back to bed before the sun rose.
d) "Are you sure you can do that?" Narya asked. Gato nodded.
So whats going on in those?
a)
Rale(Sama) vs Kyle. Basic physics says Kyle goes flying. If he had
prepared a defence (shadow wolf clone) then we would backtrack and he
would defend it.
cool.gif Hiro Sayorin and Kyle vs ___ nation. Now, see
how I moved her. If she wanted to have done something on the way, she
would say:
b1) As she ran out, Sayorin _______. She caught back up with Hiro and _____
c) Tih and Kairi prolly. Remember none of these will happen but A and D. Again, she could backtrack if she wanted to
d) SHE KNOWS HE CAN SO SHE MADE HIM NODD
Not excepted:
a)
Stellar was sitting alone with Naiko. Rale walked in and asked "Hey
Stellar, if not Kyle, how bout me?" ((posted by total chaos...))
cool.gif As Brawley brought in the blade, Medaton revealed his open spot and allowed Brawley to hit him
You see? Don't do major [censored] like that. Nobody wants to be controlled by another without consent.
3: Size
Please
keep your posts at least 1 paragraph long. A paragraph being either 4
sentences or a decent amount of text. If its a dialogue seen, add some
minor action or thought, just to make your post longer. Yes! Thats the
secret! Just add thoughts to make your post longer!!!!
4: Character Rules:
Originality people. Don't use "Kenshin Uchiha, the last of the Batosi
Uchihas" ok? Don't make a character somebody already has. I know just
about all good RPers have a good family of favorites characters to use
in most RPGs. Use them. Still don't have one cause all your chars are
straight from TV? Ask me or somebody else for one. Also, they need to
follow the profiling Ill set up.
5: OOC Rules: PLEEEASE don't post this (or similar) as your full post:
((I g2g noob up another site))
BECAUSE
WE SERIOUESLY DONT CARE! It clearly labels Online/Offline! If you and
another were on like ALL day RPing, then use an OOC thread for OOC
messages! You can do something like that if you post something DECENT
SIZED with it though. OOCs like ((Dude you got owned)) are ok IF you
post an IC message with it!
6: Explicit?
You can talk about explicit stuff, mention it, foreshadow, allude, and
think about Character Sex, but don't type it. Seriously, as much as we
know some others would love to see it, don't. You can say like:
=-They walked in and closed the door. The next day...-=
That's
ok, just don't actually do it in our face. Take it to PM/IM. Kissing,
hugging, love, glomping, they are ok. No grabbing of the butt, breasts,
legs, or crouch.

Now, different RPGs will obviously have
different themes and powers. But before a member starts posting in the
IC, he must register a character in the OOC. If the starter thinks your
character is not good enough, you have to remake him to the starter's
parameters. However, if the starter is just plain not letting you in,
then the starter can be punished. How? Well, we could just hand his RPG
over to you.....

Keep your RPG intelligent and good. It can be a funny one, but don't SPAM.
As I always suggest, create a OOC(Out of character) first and then the IC(In character). Sorta keeps things more organized, and keeps most chat out of the RP. Get what I mean?
Being respectful goes a long way. If you do be respectful, you'll earn a golden star. =)
forgetyourwoes
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by forgetyourwoes »

This question my seem a bit redundent, but I think I have a valid point; do all the rps have to be about anime? The reason why I ask this is becuase I'm sure that shows like "True Blood", "Glee", "Happy Town", or even going the regular cartoon route of "Ugly Americans", could have some fairly succsessful rps. I am just curious and I did not recall seeing this point brought up earlier.

Arigatou gozaimasu,
Dororo.
We used to love one another give to eachother lie undercover so, are you frined or foe?
Armork
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Armork »

I would say RPs can be based on anything you can imagine. I think alot of RPs are based on animes because they are really easy to fit action and romance into and the stuff that alot of people are looking for. I can see some shows like Ugly Americans and Family Guy and such as being some pretty interesting comedy RPs however I am more of an action RP person myself. I like your question forgetyourwoes and can't wait to see what other people have to say about it.
~~That which exists in the Night is forever Eternal~~