How to RP properly!

Pretend you're someone else and show the world how geeky you really are!
日本最大級のポータルサイト。検索、オークション
Visitor

Re: re: How to RP properly!

Post by 日本最大級のポータルサイト。検索、オークション »

Grapes wrote:I don't know, there are more than one. I would say "lol" is among the favorites.

You believe me now?
Wrong, lol, I dont believe you :lol: Anyways...I got to go to work so tell Anna hi from me and tell her to get her butt on MSN once in a while or I'll block her :lol: ...maybe
Grapes
Visitor

re: How to RP properly!

Post by Grapes »

Alright, I'll give you a couple of facts about me.

I'm a loving sister. And I know that my sister loves me no matter what.

See?
Last edited by Grapes on Jan 25, 2006 11:27pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grapes
Visitor

Post by Grapes »

Well you just told her. And that's ok, block me. Hahahahahaha!

I kid, don't block her. I'm already in enough trouble as it is.
Hey
Visitor

Post by Hey »

One thing I like about being a mod is that I can see the unedited version of a user's post, lol! So yeah your attempt to try and cover all that up, failed miserably!!! Ugh... Why don't you mind your own frikin' business and stop encouraging people to block me!!! lol!! Erik!! Don't block me!

Plus, I thought you were going to leave AA??

lol... this is weird, since you're like... sleeping right *points* there. I could totally just kill you right now. So tempting. Hmmmm, and did you know you sleep with 1/3-1/4 of your eyes open? Kinda freaky. Oh yeah!! I remember how when we were little I used to get scared in the mornings, I'd come watch you sleep and your eyes would be half open, and every single time I'd think you were experiencing some... ghost/demon thing-a-ma-jig. Yeah it was weird and now I'm scarred for life. Anyway, I feel like a loser, writing this down here instead of discussing it with you tomorrow, which would make more sense....

Uhhhh.... crap... that was so off-topic, it's not even funny. Ummm...yyyeeaaahhh, I think I should just leave it at that. I could erase it all and stick to topic, but that would be a waste of my energy and time. lol spent all this time writing down all this crap, don't wanna just.... erase them...

But yeah, don't block me Erik lol. ---> main point, I guess?
日本最大級のポータルサイト。検索、オークション
Visitor

lol yeye, I said i'd block you MAAAYBE if you didnt get your butt on MSN sometime :roll:
tmen1
Visitor

Re: How to RP properly!

Post by tmen1 »

this is kool! very detailed!
日本最大級のポータルサイト。検索、オークション
Visitor

Thanks, but it's not all my stuff. There are some others which I RPed with back when I made this guide who helped me. But I sure hope it still helps people and helps you (even though I know people don't read this guide since they usually don't follow a single rule). :(
Lestat69_99
Absolute Otaku

Re: How to RP properly!

Post by Lestat69_99 »

It is quite sad at times really.... I've seen newbs on yahoo rp better then alot of people here. Then again I don't think alot of them read the rules for the individual rp threads as well...
"Well, look who's back...Show him why we call it "SPLATTERHOUSE'."
Terror Mask
WaffleGod
Full Metal Otaku

Post by WaffleGod »

'nother tip, and a pretty big one. For anyone starting an RPG, for the love of all that is good in this world, make up some kind of plot. Please. Don't just throw together a character and start playing. I've noticed this in nearly every RPG I've seen here, and it's *really* annoying.

It can be anything from "we're all going to school together, so let's do whacky stuff!" to an epic quest to save the world from an evil clone of Bob Ross (May he rest in peace). Plot holds the RPG together, and gives the players a reason to do what they're doing.
"The past is past, and histories care little for a-speakin' the truth of it." ~Ravel Puzzlewell
Lestat69_99
Absolute Otaku

Post by Lestat69_99 »

[quote="WaffleGod"]'nother tip, and a pretty big one. For anyone starting an RPG, for the love of all that is good in this world, make up some kind of plot. Please. Don't just throw together a character and start playing. I've noticed this in nearly every RPG I've seen here, and it's *really* annoying.[quote]
A nice gesture to be sure, but I think the reasons plotlines are non-existent is that some RP's are really thought out, then no one joins and it dies. I'll always complain about the one-liners as well...
"Well, look who's back...Show him why we call it "SPLATTERHOUSE'."
Terror Mask
Methen
Newbie Otaku

Roleplaying Tip

Post by Methen »

Always remember this one very simple rule
when roleplaying above all else.

You will only get out of roleplaying
what you put into it.
Jazzy_Angel1
Mobile Suit Otaku

Re: Roleplaying Tip

Post by Jazzy_Angel1 »

That's very...wow. It's sounds psychological. lol.
When you're looking for Atlantis in the middle of the desert, you'll probably realize that you should've looked in the OCEAN first...and now...you also realize that...you forgot to bring water. -.-' A random quote by Myself
Methen
Newbie Otaku

Post by Methen »

One of the biggest mistakes people make in roleplaying is not roleplaying
Most people when they roleplay simply type in words

Thats not roleplaying
To roleplay means to become that which you are roleplaying.

Hence the reason why you will always get out of roleplaying what you put into it.

Tip Number 2

Always ask yourself
what can I do to make this roleplay more real to me?
NecroZombie T-37
Newbie Otaku

Post by NecroZombie T-37 »

Why are you typing this? This forum is for role-playing, not talking about role-playing.
Have you ever noticed that in most videogames, when you go to hell, it is infested with zombies? What are zombies doing in hell? Wouldn't hell be full of hideous monsters or foul demons instead of brain-eating corpses?
Seras

Post by Seras »

Thank you Zombie. You need to tell a Mod about this and have it moved to Pointless Chit Chat or Off Topic Disscussions. This Forum is for actual Roleplaying, not tips on how to Roleplay.

Maybe you should look at the rules and at the top of the Roleplaying Forum where there's this topic that says "Attention: How to RP properly!" and maybe take a look at "Attention: Important Rules & Guidelines!!" as well.

Read the rules and follow them please.
Now that I've settled down a bit, got knowledge of the land and have a routine set up I can finally get back to doing what I wanna do most... Can someone tell me what that is?
.:Aki-Kun:.
Absolute Mega-Insane Otaku

Post by .:Aki-Kun:. »

I agree dark.
I found a good site to rp, games, movies, and etc. things that u can imagine talking about please join the site and get this site active again...

http://templeshoebox.proboards19.com/in ... w=1&id=720