Visitor

Rurouni Kenshin a.k.a. Samurai X

Post by Mountain »

Any1 like?
Botan
Visitor

Rurouni Kenshin

Post by Botan »

it's probably one of the most dominant anime series around. It's cool!! nice storyline and great character designs! not bad for the background music and soundtrack!! it also gives you an idea on japanese history so kinda educational eh? highly recommended!! :)
Mountain
Visitor

Post by Mountain »

Agreed! :D
Although I'd love to read the manga as the anime only follows the manga from the beginning of 'Wnadering Samurai' to the end of 'Legend of Kyoto'. Then after that, it kinda gets messed up (apparently, I ain't seen the third part yet!).
Visitor

Post by Guest »

I have seen both Rurouni Kenshin and Samurai X and even though everyone says they are the same they are not!! Rurouni Kenshin shows all of the battles Kenshin must go through in sagas while Samurai X goes through all the battles (meaning from the battle with Jin-E Udo/Kurogasa to the battle with Makoto Shishio to the battle with Enishi Yukishiro) in two hours. Not to mention the animation quality of Samurai x pales in comparison to the animation of Rurouni Kenshin.
Mountain
Visitor

Post by Mountain »

Really? But ain't Samurai X the OVAs of Rurouni Kenshin?
Miaka Yuki
Visitor

I

Post by Miaka Yuki »

I LOVE KENSHIN AND YAHIKO
BigKwell
Inactive
Inactive

Post by BigKwell »

Mountain wrote:Really? But ain't Samurai X the OVAs of Rurouni Kenshin?

Yes, but with a more dramatic turn.

Of course, "Samurai X: the Motion Picture" follows the TV series in storyline.
"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."

Stephen W. Hawking
Mountain
Visitor

Post by Mountain »

The OVAs don't follow the Rurouni Kenshin storyline!

The first 4 OVAs explains Kenshin's life before he bacame the Battousai (or however u spell it) and the last 2 OVAs explains Kenshin's life when he has a child with Karou. It doesn't follow the T.V. series at all!
RedXIII
Visitor

Post by RedXIII »

lol
Mountain
Visitor

Post by Mountain »

lol, I like 2 prove a point :wink:
RedXIII
Visitor

Post by RedXIII »

Trust me,I know
Visitor

Post by Guest »

... My friend was just telling me that Kenshin dies from some type of disease, and he has a kid with Kaoru ( My friend was very unspecific, and he said girl with the blue hair, and I thought he was talking about Misao!) And he dies... or something.. I don't know.
Visitor

Post by Guest »

dude ur friend is wrong!
kenshin has a disease from when he was helping a disease ridden poor town. he knows he will get it but its all part of his atonement. Kaoru get the disease on pupose from kenshin 2 show her devotion and stuff. Kenji, their son was alredy born so hes fine. its a disease like aids i think.
kenshin dies on the same day his scar disapears and then kaoru probably doesn't survive long.
Kenji gives up Hiten mitsurugi ryu and lives a life of peace and happiness with his girl. the life kenshin never could :D
sorry i got carried away i just couln't stop wrighting
Visitor

Post by Guest »

... oh, ok, I'll tell him that tomorrow at skewl
VampireSplooge
Visitor

Post by VampireSplooge »

I've never seen it.
Visitor

Post by Guest »

well you should....you'll be revolutionised as an anime fan!!! 8)