A Question about Hellsing

Eir
Visitor

A Question about Hellsing

Post by Eir »

Hi! I'm new here.

I'm a teacher, and I recently asked my students to write horror stories. One of the stories I got was about Alucard.

I've seen the anime Hellsing, and I really liked it, but I've not yet had time to read the manga. So, I'd like to ask your help - just to see that he didn't rip off the story.

In his story, Alucard comes to a small village and gets to know a young woman. He meets her to talk every Sunday, and finally invites her to dinner in his mansion. She comes the following Sunday, and although there are things that scare her, she has a great time. The food is wonderful, and after dinner they dance, and she loses herself in his eyes. Later on he brings her to the basement, and turns her into a vampire. She runs away, and the story ends with that we find out that she was telling the story of how she became a vampire to a woman named Francesca.

My instinct say that the story is somehow to quiet to be a "real" Hellsing-story, but I wanted to make sure. I take plagiarism very seriously.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!
blue crow
Uber Otaku

Re: A Question about Hellsing

Post by blue crow »

so u join aa just to ask question
I hope your smiling face
is with me until the day
I fall into eternal sleep
Eir
Visitor

Post by Eir »

Well, no I didn't actually. I was interested in joining this forum.
Ryukon
Uber Otaku

Post by Ryukon »

About the only similarity between Hellsing in itself is the usage of Alucard's character and name from what I'm assuming in that brief summary. Alucard is described, in a single word, a monster.

Nothing else is taken from the anime, OVA/manga, really. If the young woman is named Seras Victoria, then that's another thing borrowed from Hellsing. How the story developed from your student is more of an alternate universe fanfiction as it's different from the original plot and written by someone other than the creators.

Some examples of difference was how Alucard uses another way to turn the young woman (ie: lure her into the basement, so to speak) and how she also ran from him afterwards. The real Alucard pretty much doesn't let anything escape him from the impression I'm getting. Seras is also a fledgling, not yet a full vampire, and therefore has strong ties to her master.

So, no, what they wrote wasn't plagarism. Just some ideas taken from from Hellsing is all.
Blue like. Like blue.
~龍子
日本最大級のポータルサイト。検索、オークション
Visitor

Post by 日本最大級のポータルサイト。検索、オークション »

Moved to the Hellsing section.

(Hope you stay in this forum after your question has been answered)