Hello I have a question.

Visitor

Hello I have a question.

Post by Guest »

So i'm new here. I found myself watching Zatch Bell, and really enjoying it. I figured I should find something out about it. so my question is, what is the background of the series? while i certainly enjoy the anime i'm having difficulty understanding what exactly the point is. can someone enlighten me?
orahiko
Visitor

re: Hello I have a question.

Post by orahiko »

The background? I'm going to assume you mean what is happening during the series, and why zatch, a. has powers b. what a mamoto is, and c. what kiyo is doing with him. well, all the mamoto were sent to the human world to battle for the kingship. the winner becomes king, or so it goes. in order to use their powers, however, they are sent with books, which activate the powers. they do not have the books, nor use them, in the mamoto world, they can use spells without the books there. in order to activate powers they require a human to say the spells. the spells are activated by emotions(anger, greed, fatred, etc), and good teamwork often helps too. zatch intends to win and become a kind king, hopefully abolishing such tournaments. did i meantion the mamotos aren't human, and come from another world? kiyo, as far as he comes in, in zatch's partner. he was an antisocial kid, but zatch was found by his father in england, who sent him to japan to help kiyo gain friends, and to be his friend, and that stuff. kiyo discovered zatch's power, and fought against a few people before zatch figured it out too. apparently he has no memory of where he came from. kiyo helps zatch to win and fight against many mamoto, including mostly evil ones who intend to harm people around them. there are nice ones, tho. that's basically why they fight against other people in the series, to gain kingship. and to be nice. any more questions?
Pyrokinetic Singer
Absolute Otaku

Post by Pyrokinetic Singer »

What orahiko said.But there is more to add.

Mamodos have more strangth than regular human so Zatch can take many hits without geting badly hurt.
Zatch lost his memory,but I can't tell you how.
Every 1000 years 100 mamodo come to earth to fight to become king of the mamodo world.
Member of the RPers clan!
...under a rasberry moon, I dance.
Winry
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Winry »

yeah,what nanjade and orhakio only, there is still more

Every 1000 years 100 mamodos are sent to a world where they battle each other to determine who will become the mamodo king and rule the world of the mamodo's, Zatch wants to become a benevolent king, so he can stop all of the fighting.
I :love: U COREY BABY!
I luv my AA bros and sis's! They r my Butterscotch Angels! (30)I...want...to...EAT RICE!!! Zin is my awsm AA twin!!
Xehanort
Visitor

Post by Xehanort »

Winry is right.^_^
Pyrokinetic Singer
Absolute Otaku

Post by Pyrokinetic Singer »

So am I...
Member of the RPers clan!
...under a rasberry moon, I dance.