Click here if you watch One Piece on Toonami!

Nicole Louis
Newbie Otaku

Click here if you watch One Piece on Toonami!

Post by Nicole Louis »

I'm too lazy to search such title. Bah. :roll:

Ever wonder what it's like to see your favorite TV show get butchered to shreads? Well ... this article gives you the truth about the One Piece dub. And who's to blame? 4Kids Entertainment. The leader of all this. And yea, this is pretty long, but it's worth it. Trust me. ;)

Episodes
First thing's first, over 30 episodes have been cut off the air, and or merged into ONE. Yup, you heard me, over 30 episodes have been cut and or merged.

Character Development
You kids know Usopp, right? Well in the original, his courageous side shows. But in the dub (Toonami version), he completely lacks that and looks like the clown of the crew. But I know some of you folks hate Usopp. [-X He isn't really a bad character, though. He turns into Sogeking to hide to hide his identity from the World Government. I'm sure most of you don't know what I'm talking about, though. :( Check out some affiliates I'll hand out later. Back to Usopp, now. he stood up to a man who can turn into a wolf named Jyabura. Usopp even stood up to a mermen and owned him (yea). He uses ninja stars and shoots tobasco sause from his slingshot. So why hate this guy for nothing?

Name Changes
4Kids Entertainment; the company that bought the rights of One Piece, promised us that there wouldn't be any unnecessary name changes. After the show has been broadcasted, we found out it's a lie. Now we have Zolo, Trace, Nebra, Ms. Groundhog's Day, Ms. New Years Eve, Ms. April Fool's Day,Chaser, etc. These names don't exist in the REAL One Piece. We just have Zoro, Ace, Cobra, Ms. MeryChristmas, Ms. Doublefinger, and Ms. Goldenweek, oh my!

Cheesy Dialog
Sure, One Piece is a pretty darn funny anime, but what's with the potty jokes and puns flying around? Some of the most important dialog have been watered down with puns, which makes this dub even more cheesy. Where are the good stuff Do yer research? ;)

Edits
Again, Al Kahn (CEO of 4Kids) has promised us that One Piece will have limited edits. But what do we get? The main stuff listed here. In the original One Piece, there was no iceberg Luffy blew up. There was a whale named Laboon, who the Straw Hats approach. The whole arc with Laboon is cut out. Also, Little Garden was cut out to avoid seeing a giant drink BEER with a bomb in his drink. Wow, dramatic.

Ah yes as promised, here are the affiliates to do your homework:

saveonepiece.com
apforums.net
wikipedia.com Keywords: One Piece

Ah, that wasn't so bad, now was it? No. Now let's see you be true OP otaku by not following 4Kids.

Spread the words
Show this topic to your friends, neighbors, anyone who watches the One Piece dub.

How to help
Stop watching the dub. 4Kids will realize what they're doing is wrong if ratings start to fall drastically. They seem to be improving a bit, but they still have a way to go. Let's keep them going. \:D/

Show the above links to your signature. That'll spread the word quicker (hopefully).

Oh wait, I forgot something. :heh:

Music
The rap intro you hear all the time is FAKE, just like the rest of the dub. The music score is completely changed with scores done by a synthesizer (electronic piano that produces sound). Pretty cheap way to compose music, huh? And that's not all. 4Kids makes money by doing that to get money for the fake background music they created. Now that's a no no. [-(

Also, check out the topic that says "Bad voice Actors" or something like that.
Desu
Master Otaku

Re: Click here if you watch One Piece on Toonami!

Post by Desu »

Awesomeness! Hi, Nicole! Soon this minor forum will be subbified.

The dub sucks major arse.

Go check out Alan Tse's article" One Piece: The ultimate oppurtunity and the Ultimate Blunder". I don't know who he is, what he looks like but I know he gives out the best damn summary of the One Piece dub in words.

The jokes in the dub ar [censored] terrible. Tell me if you think the jokes are funny.
If you're seeing this, I probably made some huge space in my message to provide comedic effect when you read the message at the end.
Nicole Louis
Newbie Otaku

Post by Nicole Louis »

Razor shorts wrote:Awesomeness! Hi, Nicole! Soon this minor forum will be subbified.

The dub sucks major arse.

Go check out Alan Tse's article" One Piece: The ultimate oppurtunity and the Ultimate Blunder". I don't know who he is, what he looks like but I know he gives out the best damn summary of the One Piece dub in words.

The jokes in the dub ar [censored] terrible. Tell me if you think the jokes are funny.
I'll go check it out, right now. If only the dub watchers could read this. >.>
roxaskeyblademaster63
Full Metal Otaku

Post by roxaskeyblademaster63 »

http://apforums.net

Go here: the main site for One Piece fans.
Cybertron Norcinu
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Cybertron Norcinu »

[: Ah yes, I remember when I first started watching One Piece on Toonami... It's horrible compared to the manga x__x Everything is just gone and wrong! I can't believe how much they've cut out, 4Kids Entertainment ruins many anime out there T___T *Shakes fist at 4Kids* Garrr!
Stormsangel forced me I swear.
Desu
Master Otaku

Post by Desu »

The puns... Oh god! THE PUNS!!!!!! THEY BURN!

All the puns in One Piece suck and are pathetic.
If you're seeing this, I probably made some huge space in my message to provide comedic effect when you read the message at the end.
Zaphod the Meerkat
Baka Otaku

Post by Zaphod the Meerkat »

its 4kids, cmon you cant give them that much credit. what do you expect?
i am not who you think i am. i have only told one person the truth about me and will eventually tell them all of it
roxaskeyblademaster63
Full Metal Otaku

This is to convert dubbies to subbies.

Azumi
Visitor

Post by Azumi »

OP on Toonami is full of crap. Too cencored if you ask me.
roxaskeyblademaster63
Full Metal Otaku

Azumi wrote:OP on Toonami is full of crap. Too cencored if you ask me.
Quite ironic how in another topic, you said "warlord of the sea."

Nicole Louis
Newbie Otaku

Post by Nicole Louis »

Anyone else? This is important. You English One Piece fans need to read this in order to be real fans.
winx_rose7
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by winx_rose7 »

i do .
i love anime