What if One Piece and Sonic X were done by VIZ Media?

Roy Hughes
Mobile Suit Otaku

Re: What if One Piece and Sonic X were done by VIZ Media?

Post by Roy Hughes »

Kazuma the Shell Bullet wrote:
Iruka Uchiha wrote:
Mrs.RoronoaZoro wrote:That Chris kid is annoying in Sonic X. He just ruined everything for me. D:

If Eric Vale can do Sanji's voice like his seiyuu, then... I'll be more than happy with the new dubbed version of One Piece.

Don't you guys know about the Uncuts and stuff? You have to research! Duh! D:
Sorry... :oops:

Um, just curious but where DO you find the uncut DVD's of Sonic and One Piece?
That's the thing, 4Kids didn't release them uncut. (Why do you like Sonic X anyway?)
Bummer.

(I like Sonic X cuz of the games and cuz it's very entertaining. One Piece is okay but Sonic is better. Sorry...)
Proud Member of Homunculus Clan and Loving Animals Clan

Hoping to be a member of Bleach Clan, InuYasha Clan, Glomp Clan, and Chibi Clan too! :D

ANIMES AND MANGAS RULE!!!!!
Gyro Zeppeli
Absolute Otaku

Post by Gyro Zeppeli »

Iruka Uchiha wrote: (I like Sonic X cuz of the games and cuz it's very entertaining. One Piece is okay but Sonic is better. Sorry...)
The 2D Sonic games were phenomenal, but the 3D ones (Starting mainly with Shadow the Hedgehog) have done nothing but suck, and every sonic cartoon I've seen has failed to capture my attention (Sonic X was no excpetion).

As for One Piece being average you say, I take it you haven't seen Water 7/Enies Lobby arcs (Where they fight CP9) because that saga put One Piece on my all-time greats list (up yours, Naruto)
In the beginning was the Win, and the Win was with Gai, and the Win was Gai.

Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah
Mrs.RoronoaZoro
Master Otaku

Post by Mrs.RoronoaZoro »

I wasn't trying to be mean when I was pointing out that the DVDs were uncut and stuff. And of course 4sh!t didn't have uncut dvds...Funimation has them coming out soon. Haven't you heard? Well, you are entitled to your opinions and such, so I'm not trying to make you like OP even though it is a great show.

Lol, Naruto's all right, I'm not going to bash it because I'm tired of Naruto/One Piece debates.
"Y'know you want me!" - Arsene Lupin the third
"I'm gonna kick his ass!" -Monkey D. Luffy
"Where can love be found; if your heart won't feel?" -Shivers
I LOVE RORONOA ZORO! ^_^
Roy Hughes
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Roy Hughes »

Mrs.RoronoaZoro wrote:I wasn't trying to be mean when I was pointing out that the DVDs were uncut and stuff. And of course 4sh!t didn't have uncut dvds...Funimation has them coming out soon. Haven't you heard? Well, you are entitled to your opinions and such, so I'm not trying to make you like OP even though it is a great show.

Lol, Naruto's all right, I'm not going to bash it because I'm tired of Naruto/One Piece debates.
No, I haven't heard about that yet. Thanks! I'll look for it when they come out with it!!! Btw, will it be OP or Sonic X?

Heh...thanks. Yeah, I'll admit OP is pretty cool. Naruto's okay, but (I'm SOOOOO sorry...) InuYasha and Full Metal Alchemist is better!!!!

Hoping to be a member of Bleach Clan, InuYasha Clan, Glomp Clan, and Chibi Clan too! :D

Gyro Zeppeli
Absolute Otaku

Post by Gyro Zeppeli »

Iruka Uchiha wrote:
No, I haven't heard about that yet. Thanks! I'll look for it when they come out with it!!! Btw, will it be OP or Sonic X?
FUNimation only has the rights to OP
Heh...thanks. Yeah, I'll admit OP is pretty cool.
Agreed
Naruto's okay
Part 2 ain't
InuYasha and Full Metal Alchemist is better!!!!
I agree with FMA, I like it about the same as OP. The Inuyasha anime (manga is so-so) however, is terrible and it's the only anime more repetitive than Pokemon. I swear, I feel like punching a baby every time I hear INUYASHA! KAGOME! INUYASHA! KAGOME! INUYASHA! KAGOME! *continues on for half of the episode*

Roy Hughes
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Roy Hughes »

Kazuma the Shell Bullet wrote:
Iruka Uchiha wrote:
FUNimation only has the rights to OP
Heh...thanks. Yeah, I'll admit OP is pretty cool.
Agreed
Naruto's okay
Part 2 ain't
InuYasha and Full Metal Alchemist is better!!!!
I agree with FMA, I like it about the same as OP. The Inuyasha anime (manga is so-so) however, is terrible and it's the only anime more repetitive than Pokemon. I swear, I feel like punching a baby every time I hear INUYASHA! KAGOME! INUYASHA! KAGOME! INUYASHA! KAGOME! *continues on for half of the episode*
Bummer.

Yup!

Agreed.

Yeah, InuYasha is kinda crappy at times. The manga isn't any better. FMA RULEZ!!!! Both the manga and the anime and the movie RULEZ!!!!

Mrs.RoronoaZoro
Master Otaku

I got so tired of Inuyasha after a year or two. I was getting fed up with Kagome being in peril every five minutes and her whiny voice screaming "INUYASHA" every freakin' second.

I don't even bother buying or downloading the manga at all.

I'm OP all the way. (But I do like FMA it is awesome)
I LOVE RORONOA ZORO! ^_^
Chrono Paladin
Absolute Otaku

Post by Chrono Paladin »

If they were done by VIZ Media, they would recieve much better reputation from fans. Viz having One Piece would make everything better if it didn't lose any blood, violence, language, questionable innuendoes, alcohol, Sanji's addiction to nicotine, and references to certain cultures like Japan. And I don't understand what 4kids has against stuff in shows that look Japanese. Kids know what Japan is so there's no need to hide them.

And even if I'm okay with the 4kids Sonic X, I miss those old VG voices for the characters. Now if Viz had Sonic, fans of it will give the dub a much positive reputation when it has no edits by 4kids.
R.I.P. Steven Irwin, V-Tech, Heath Ledger, George Carlin, Bernie Mac, Isaac Hayes, Michael Jackson, Billy Mays, Taco Bell dog, Brittany Murphy, Garry Coleman, Ronnie James Dio and Toonami (although at least it reincarnated as Toonzai!)
Ignited
Help Haiti!
Roy Hughes
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Roy Hughes »

Music-Chang wrote:If they were done by VIZ Media, they would recieve much better reputation from fans. Viz having One Piece would make everything better if it didn't lose any blood, violence, language, questionable innuendoes, alcohol, Sanji's addiction to nicotine, and references to certain cultures like Japan. And I don't understand what 4kids has against stuff in shows that look Japanese. Kids know what Japan is so there's no need to hide them.

And even if I'm okay with the 4kids Sonic X, I miss those old VG voices for the characters. Now if Viz had Sonic, fans of it will give the dub a much positive reputation when it has no edits by 4kids.
I agree! Oh, and I got a question. If FMA's anime is dubbed by FUNimation, then how come the manga is dubbed by VIZ Media? :-k

Gyro Zeppeli
Absolute Otaku

Post by Gyro Zeppeli »

Roy Hughes wrote:
Music-Chang wrote:If they were done by VIZ Media, they would recieve much better reputation from fans. Viz having One Piece would make everything better if it didn't lose any blood, violence, language, questionable innuendoes, alcohol, Sanji's addiction to nicotine, and references to certain cultures like Japan. And I don't understand what 4kids has against stuff in shows that look Japanese. Kids know what Japan is so there's no need to hide them.

I agree! Oh, and I got a question. If FMA's anime is dubbed by FUNimation, then how come the manga is dubbed by VIZ Media? :-k
Funimation doesn't do manga, that's why

Roy Hughes
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Roy Hughes »

L Lawliet wrote:
Roy Hughes wrote:

Funimation doesn't do manga, that's why
Oh. Thanks!

Mrs.RoronoaZoro
Master Otaku

lol, I was wondering about that as well...but my question has been answered.

9/22/07- last episode of 4piece aired. OP fans rejoice.
I LOVE RORONOA ZORO! ^_^
Gyro Zeppeli
Absolute Otaku

Post by Gyro Zeppeli »

I can't wait to see the FUNimation dub. They've done a great job with dubbing ever since YYH so I think it'll turn out really well