Pregnancy Scares

Other adult topics. Only enter if you are of legal age to view such content.
User avatar
Tyche
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1649
Joined: Dec 10, 2006 11:16am
Location: overhill and underhill
Contact:

Re: Pregnancy Scares

Post by Tyche »

One could say abortion is/was off topic, too.
"Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

"If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. You want to change the world? There's nothing to it."
User avatar
Shining Star
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1438
Joined: Jan 18, 2005 1:51pm
Gender: Female
Location: running to find home

Re: Pregnancy Scares

Post by Shining Star »

Tyche wrote:One could say abortion is/was off topic, too.
not really. The animal stuff is. I mean if you think about it we didn't even cover other issues that correspond with abortion..that noone mentioned yet.
God is love. Because the love that He provides us with is the greatest love of all. And it is because of Him that we are able to love others, since He loved us first.

If you want to know more just pm me. :) He loves you despite what you might think.
Jade_Steel_Hawk
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1578
Joined: Jul 14, 2005 8:12pm
Gender: Female

Re: Pregnancy Scares

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

Tyche: Abortion is a possibility to pregnant women. That's why it is relevant.

Dre: I get your point, I'm vegetarian on and off, depending on the intensity of training I do. I actually prefer to not eat meat. However, animals are really tasty. I mean, I'm sure humans are too, but that's kind of illegal. We kill animals for food. The fetus is just thrown away after it is aborted.

Edit: I was really curious as to what people taste like, here are some quotes from people who have had human meat.

"The flesh tastes like pork, a little bit more bitter, stronger. It tastes quite good." Armin Meiwes

"It was like good, fully developed veal, not young, but not yet beef. It was very definitely like that, and it was not like any other meat I had ever tasted. It was so nearly like good, fully developed veal that I think no person with a palate of ordinary, normal sensitiveness could distinguish it from veal. It was mild, good meat with no other sharply defined or highly characteristic taste such as for instance, goat, high game, and pork have." William Seabrook
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
User avatar
Shining Star
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1438
Joined: Jan 18, 2005 1:51pm
Gender: Female
Location: running to find home

Re: Pregnancy Scares

Post by Shining Star »

Jade_Steel_Hawk wrote:Tyche: Abortion is a possibility to pregnant women. That's why it is relevant.

Dre: I get your point, I'm vegetarian on and off, depending on the intensity of training I do. I actually prefer to not eat meat. However, animals are really tasty. I mean, I'm sure humans are too, but that's kind of illegal. We kill animals for food. The fetus is just thrown away after it is aborted.
ugh. that made me really sick just now. especially the last sentence. :(
God is love. Because the love that He provides us with is the greatest love of all. And it is because of Him that we are able to love others, since He loved us first.

If you want to know more just pm me. :) He loves you despite what you might think.
Jade_Steel_Hawk
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1578
Joined: Jul 14, 2005 8:12pm
Gender: Female

Re: Pregnancy Scares

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

Shining Star wrote:
Jade_Steel_Hawk wrote:Tyche: Abortion is a possibility to pregnant women. That's why it is relevant.

Dre: I get your point, I'm vegetarian on and off, depending on the intensity of training I do. I actually prefer to not eat meat. However, animals are really tasty. I mean, I'm sure humans are too, but that's kind of illegal. We kill animals for food. The fetus is just thrown away after it is aborted.
ugh. that made me really sick just now. especially the last sentence. :(
To be honest, it doesn't sicken me that much unless I really think about it.
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
User avatar
Shining Star
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1438
Joined: Jan 18, 2005 1:51pm
Gender: Female
Location: running to find home

Re: Pregnancy Scares

Post by Shining Star »

Jade_Steel_Hawk wrote:
Shining Star wrote:
Jade_Steel_Hawk wrote:Tyche: Abortion is a possibility to pregnant women. That's why it is relevant.

Dre: I get your point, I'm vegetarian on and off, depending on the intensity of training I do. I actually prefer to not eat meat. However, animals are really tasty. I mean, I'm sure humans are too, but that's kind of illegal. We kill animals for food. The fetus is just thrown away after it is aborted.
ugh. that made me really sick just now. especially the last sentence. :(
To be honest, it doesn't sicken me that much unless I really think about it.
I had an image and thats why it bothered me.
God is love. Because the love that He provides us with is the greatest love of all. And it is because of Him that we are able to love others, since He loved us first.

If you want to know more just pm me. :) He loves you despite what you might think.
Pennyroyal Tea
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2120
Joined: Oct 21, 2005 9:51am
Contact:

Re: Pregnancy Scares

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Jade_Steel_Hawk wrote:Tyche: Abortion is a possibility to pregnant women. That's why it is relevant.

Dre: I get your point, I'm vegetarian on and off, depending on the intensity of training I do. I actually prefer to not eat meat. However, animals are really tasty. I mean, I'm sure humans are too, but that's kind of illegal. We kill animals for food. The fetus is just thrown away after it is aborted.

Edit: I was really curious as to what people taste like, here are some quotes from people who have had human meat.

"The flesh tastes like pork, a little bit more bitter, stronger. It tastes quite good." Armin Meiwes

"It was like good, fully developed veal, not young, but not yet beef. It was very definitely like that, and it was not like any other meat I had ever tasted. It was so nearly like good, fully developed veal that I think no person with a palate of ordinary, normal sensitiveness could distinguish it from veal. It was mild, good meat with no other sharply defined or highly characteristic taste such as for instance, goat, high game, and pork have." William Seabrook

Animals are killed sometimes for food, other times for sport. And life is life, one way or another it's extinguished and it's not coming back. You can make excuses for anything.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
User avatar
Shining Star
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1438
Joined: Jan 18, 2005 1:51pm
Gender: Female
Location: running to find home

Re: Pregnancy Scares

Post by Shining Star »

What do you mean by that? with the excuses part i mean.
God is love. Because the love that He provides us with is the greatest love of all. And it is because of Him that we are able to love others, since He loved us first.

If you want to know more just pm me. :) He loves you despite what you might think.
Jade_Steel_Hawk
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1578
Joined: Jul 14, 2005 8:12pm
Gender: Female

Re: Pregnancy Scares

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

"For sport" is usually game hunting - used for food. The hunters shoot it, clean it, eat it, then use the fur or bones if they want. If they shot it and left it, I would consider that cruelty.
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
Pennyroyal Tea
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2120
Joined: Oct 21, 2005 9:51am
Contact:

Re: Pregnancy Scares

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Shining Star wrote:What do you mean by that? with the excuses part i mean.
I mean you can justify anything if you really want to, it's not hard. And everyone does it. It's a matter of clearing conscious.
Jade_Steel_Hawk wrote:"For sport" is usually game hunting - used for food. The hunters shoot it, clean it, eat it, then use the fur or bones if they want. If they shot it and left it, I would consider that cruelty.
They do sometimes. Honestly neither of us can really find how many people actually eat what they kill, as I'm sure the people who go to Africa and hunt lions and elephants, and the people who hunt bears really don't bother with eating the meat so much as stuffing trophies.

And like I said, who cares if they eat the meat? The animal still dies, just like the whales and dolphins the Japanese people hunt.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Jade_Steel_Hawk
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1578
Joined: Jul 14, 2005 8:12pm
Gender: Female

Re: Pregnancy Scares

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

Pennyroyal Tea wrote:
Jade_Steel_Hawk wrote:"For sport" is usually game hunting - used for food. The hunters shoot it, clean it, eat it, then use the fur or bones if they want. If they shot it and left it, I would consider that cruelty.
They do sometimes. Honestly neither of us can really find how many people actually eat what they kill, as I'm sure the people who go to Africa and hunt lions and elephants, and the people who hunt bears really don't bother with eating the meat so much as stuffing trophies.

And like I said, who cares if they eat the meat? The animal still dies, just like the whales and dolphins the Japanese people hunt.
Then I consider that cruelty [and a waste of a hunting license...if they even have it in the first place].

In the case of endangered animals, like some whales and dolphins, I don't think they should be hunted, as each one plays a role in its habitat [unless it's an invasive species upsetting the normal balance]. As for animals like chickens, which prosper almost anywhere, I don't see the harm done in using them for food.
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
Pennyroyal Tea
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2120
Joined: Oct 21, 2005 9:51am
Contact:

Re: Pregnancy Scares

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Jade_Steel_Hawk wrote:
Pennyroyal Tea wrote:
Jade_Steel_Hawk wrote:"For sport" is usually game hunting - used for food. The hunters shoot it, clean it, eat it, then use the fur or bones if they want. If they shot it and left it, I would consider that cruelty.
They do sometimes. Honestly neither of us can really find how many people actually eat what they kill, as I'm sure the people who go to Africa and hunt lions and elephants, and the people who hunt bears really don't bother with eating the meat so much as stuffing trophies.

And like I said, who cares if they eat the meat? The animal still dies, just like the whales and dolphins the Japanese people hunt.
Then I consider that cruelty [and a waste of a hunting license...if they even have it in the first place].

In the case of endangered animals, like some whales and dolphins, I don't think they should be hunted, as each one plays a role in its habitat [unless it's an invasive species upsetting the normal balance]. As for animals like chickens, which prosper almost anywhere, I don't see the harm done in using them for food.
Where does life stop being sacred? When it can be used for human benefit? People who get abortions can argue that it was just a seed that was never alive. I would certainly say a chicken is more alive than a fetus at most stages.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Jade_Steel_Hawk
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1578
Joined: Jul 14, 2005 8:12pm
Gender: Female

Re: Pregnancy Scares

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

Animals eat each other, it's not just humans.
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
Pennyroyal Tea
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2120
Joined: Oct 21, 2005 9:51am
Contact:

Re: Pregnancy Scares

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Jade_Steel_Hawk wrote:Animals eat each other, it's not just humans.
The animals that do eat each other live in the wild and can survive off of little health. That is completely different from being raised only for human consumption.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Jade_Steel_Hawk
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1578
Joined: Jul 14, 2005 8:12pm
Gender: Female

Re: Pregnancy Scares

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

I'll agree with you that the conditions of many of those places are horrendous, which is one of the main reasons I don't include meat in my diet all that often.
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
Pennyroyal Tea
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2120
Joined: Oct 21, 2005 9:51am
Contact:

Re: Pregnancy Scares

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Jade_Steel_Hawk wrote:I'll agree with you that the conditions of many of those places are horrendous, which is one of the main reasons I don't include meat in my diet all that often.
Haha you agreed with me. How does it feel?
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Post Reply