Pregnancy Scares

Other adult topics. Only enter if you are of legal age to view such content.
User avatar
Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3951
Joined: Feb 12, 2005 3:38pm
Gender: Female
Location: In sheep's clothing.

Re: Pregnancy Scares

Post by Gaming Goddess »

Jade_Steel_Hawk wrote: GG: How would it destroy your body?
In 9 months of pregnancy a woman's body changes more than a man's does his entire life. Stretch marks (They'd be especially bad for me. My skin had like no elasticity. =[)
It curves your spin a hell of a lot, no fixing that..
The stretched abs, all the fat... which is losable, but difficult.
And the damage to the actual vagina, whew.


And then, for others like me, there's the issue of passing on problems to the kid. Depression and whatnot, who would want their child to feel like they'd never came to be?
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3
Pennyroyal Tea
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2120
Joined: Oct 21, 2005 9:51am
Contact:

Re: Pregnancy Scares

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Revy the two hands wrote: You seem to talk about statistics but it just seems like you're talking about yourself.
Assumption with no real base.
Revy the two hands wrote: As I said adoption is the best option when the system is supposed to do it's job and when the adopting parents do their job. And your argument seems to agree with mine in that respect. In the grand scheme of things it is better than abortion. The parents may have failed to plan the baby but from the day it is conceived it is either their responsibility or they give the responsibility to someone else. It is not their decision whether to 'continue' to give it life or not. There are heaps of people who would love to have a baby of their own and show it the love it deserves, even if the biological parents decide to give up such a blessing.

Opinion based on assumption with no real base. I'm quite done discussing this you as you've done nothing but show yourself to be completely ignorant. Your only replies to my challenges are IF it works, but the fact is most of the time it doesn't, which is why the system so badly needs reform. Even in a case where the child is abused, it could take MONTHS to find another suitable home, there are a lack of "good" homes, especially as the child ages. Say what you want though because I no longer care. I'm not denying that the system sometimes works. I'm saying most of the time it doesn't. If you want to continue this debate find proof that it does. And in case you didn't realize, random anecdotes do not count as proof
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Revy the two hands
Ramen Slurping Otaku
Posts: 35
Joined: Jul 14, 2010 9:19pm

Re: Pregnancy Scares

Post by Revy the two hands »

Pennyroyal Tea wrote:
Revy the two hands wrote: You seem to talk about statistics but it just seems like you're talking about yourself.
Assumption with no real base.
Revy the two hands wrote: As I said adoption is the best option when the system is supposed to do it's job and when the adopting parents do their job. And your argument seems to agree with mine in that respect. In the grand scheme of things it is better than abortion. The parents may have failed to plan the baby but from the day it is conceived it is either their responsibility or they give the responsibility to someone else. It is not their decision whether to 'continue' to give it life or not. There are heaps of people who would love to have a baby of their own and show it the love it deserves, even if the biological parents decide to give up such a blessing.

Opinion based on assumption with no real base. I'm quite done discussing this you as you've done nothing but show yourself to be completely ignorant. Your only replies to my challenges are IF it works, but the fact is most of the time it doesn't, which is why the system so badly needs reform. Even in a case where the child is abused, it could take MONTHS to find another suitable home, there are a lack of "good" homes, especially as the child ages. Say what you want though because I no longer care. I'm not denying that the system sometimes works. I'm saying most of the time it doesn't. If you want to continue this debate find proof that it does. And in case you didn't realize, random anecdotes do not count as proof
Only ignorant people say that another is ignorant. You say I'm the one with random anecdotes hahaha please, you're the one generalising and making all this crap about 'most of the time' 'most people'. Tell me to find proof when you've got some of your own. Children get abused because some adopted parents are a bunch of money grubbing, power hungry idiots when they 'should' be people who want to care for another life. Like I said, when they do their job right like adoption is 'supposed' to provide it is better than abortion, and I didn't say IF I said WHEN. So it's ok to abort because the child 'may' get abused? Plus I didn't even bring up the subject of child abuse or neglect, that was you FYI. You just turn an argument you can't defend into something that you can. Get over yourself buddy.
User avatar
Kitty
Uber Otaku
Posts: 575
Joined: Sep 09, 2005 6:02pm
Gender: Female
Location: Under Your Bed
Contact:

Re: Pregnancy Scares

Post by Kitty »

Revy the two hands wrote:I don't know what you are like, so I can't really believe that you ended up fine. You seem to talk about statistics but it just seems like you're talking about yourself.

And uh I know alot more than you think. As I said adoption is the best option when the system is supposed to do it's job and when the adopting parents do their job. And your argument seems to agree with mine in that respect. In the grand scheme of things it is better than abortion. The parents may have failed to plan the baby but from the day it is conceived it is either their responsibility or they give the responsibility to someone else. It is not their decision whether to 'continue' to give it life or not. There are heaps of people who would love to have a baby of their own and show it the love it deserves, even if the biological parents decide to give up such a blessing.
It is the parents decision to abort the child, keep it or put it up for adoption. They can do whatever they want it is their choice and nobody else's.


Revy the two hands wrote:
Pennyroyal Tea wrote:
Revy the two hands wrote: You seem to talk about statistics but it just seems like you're talking about yourself.
Assumption with no real base.
Revy the two hands wrote: As I said adoption is the best option when the system is supposed to do it's job and when the adopting parents do their job. And your argument seems to agree with mine in that respect. In the grand scheme of things it is better than abortion. The parents may have failed to plan the baby but from the day it is conceived it is either their responsibility or they give the responsibility to someone else. It is not their decision whether to 'continue' to give it life or not. There are heaps of people who would love to have a baby of their own and show it the love it deserves, even if the biological parents decide to give up such a blessing.

Opinion based on assumption with no real base. I'm quite done discussing this you as you've done nothing but show yourself to be completely ignorant. Your only replies to my challenges are IF it works, but the fact is most of the time it doesn't, which is why the system so badly needs reform. Even in a case where the child is abused, it could take MONTHS to find another suitable home, there are a lack of "good" homes, especially as the child ages. Say what you want though because I no longer care. I'm not denying that the system sometimes works. I'm saying most of the time it doesn't. If you want to continue this debate find proof that it does. And in case you didn't realize, random anecdotes do not count as proof
Only ignorant people say that another is ignorant. You say I'm the one with random anecdotes hahaha please, you're the one generalising and making all this crap about 'most of the time' 'most people'. Tell me to find proof when you've got some of your own. Children get abused because some adopted parents are a bunch of money grubbing, power hungry idiots when they 'should' be people who want to care for another life. Like I said, when they do their job right like adoption is 'supposed' to provide it is better than abortion, and I didn't say IF I said WHEN. So it's ok to abort because the child 'may' get abused? Plus I didn't even bring up the subject of child abuse or neglect, that was you FYI. You just turn an argument you can't defend into something that you can. Get over yourself buddy.
Pennyroyal Tea is right. Not you. You are ignorant and Pennyroyal knows more than you do about adoptions. It's okay to abort a child because it's the parents decision. They wouldn't have that option out their if you weren't supposed to. You may not agree with it but it's not your decision unless it's your own child.
キティ

x Move On, It's just a chapter in the past. But don't close the book, just turn the page x
Jade_Steel_Hawk
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1578
Joined: Jul 14, 2005 8:12pm
Gender: Female

Re: Pregnancy Scares

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

](*,)
Dre: Obviously you think adoption isn't the best option, but aren't you glad your biological parents chose that over abortion? Sure, there are plenty of adopted kids that are unhappy, but plenty end up just like kids that were raised by their true parents, whether it's good or bad. No case is ever the same.

Kitty: You're saying it's the parents' decision, but is it really? I think it's mainly up to the woman. There are guys that find out that their girlfriends [or friend with benefits, ect..] have had an abortion and are devastated that their children were killed. The woman AND the man had the choice to have sex or not [let's not bring in rape, I'm generalizing here], so both should take part in the decision to abort or not. I'm not saying I agree with abortion at all, but this is just another part of it that disgusts me.
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
User avatar
Kitty
Uber Otaku
Posts: 575
Joined: Sep 09, 2005 6:02pm
Gender: Female
Location: Under Your Bed
Contact:

Re: Pregnancy Scares

Post by Kitty »

Jade_Steel_Hawk wrote:](*,)
Dre: Obviously you think adoption isn't the best option, but aren't you glad your biological parents chose that over abortion? Sure, there are plenty of adopted kids that are unhappy, but plenty end up just like kids that were raised by their true parents, whether it's good or bad. No case is ever the same.

Kitty: You're saying it's the parents' decision, but is it really? I think it's mainly up to the woman. There are guys that find out that their girlfriends [or friend with benefits, ect..] have had an abortion and are devastated that their children were killed. The woman AND the man had the choice to have sex or not [let's not bring in rape, I'm generalizing here], so both should take part in the decision to abort or not. I'm not saying I agree with abortion at all, but this is just another part of it that disgusts me.

That's true it is mainly up to the woman, because it's her body, but I would talk to my boyfriend about it if it were to happen to me. I'm not saying that all women would do that but I would. And my boyfriend would agree with me because we are both not ready to have a child yet. And I also know this because I have asked him. I love my boyfriend and if he wanted to keep the child I would. I'm not saying that I wouldn't want to keep it either but if we were to disagree on it then we would figure out what to do. I would love to start a family but I'm not ready yet.


And also the whole adoption thing... What about the kids that don't get adopted by the age of 18 and they end up living on the streets, then do you think it's good? Would you rather the kids be bums on the street?
キティ

x Move On, It's just a chapter in the past. But don't close the book, just turn the page x
Pennyroyal Tea
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2120
Joined: Oct 21, 2005 9:51am
Contact:

Re: Pregnancy Scares

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Jade_Steel_Hawk wrote:](*,)
Dre: Obviously you think adoption isn't the best option, but aren't you glad your biological parents chose that over abortion? Sure, there are plenty of adopted kids that are unhappy, but plenty end up just like kids that were raised by their true parents, whether it's good or bad. No case is ever the same.

.

Not exactly. I just said that because it isn't always the best option. You don't know the world your sending your child off too, but if there is no consciousness, if there is no knowledge of life then it's not like I could regret if I was aborted. Because I wouldn't have even known I existed.

Either way it's a tough decision.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Jade_Steel_Hawk
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1578
Joined: Jul 14, 2005 8:12pm
Gender: Female

Re: Pregnancy Scares

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

Who would I argue with if you were aborted? :(
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
Revy the two hands
Ramen Slurping Otaku
Posts: 35
Joined: Jul 14, 2010 9:19pm

Re: Pregnancy Scares

Post by Revy the two hands »

kitty wrote:It is the parents decision to abort the child, keep it or put it up for adoption. They can do whatever they want it is their choice and nobody else's.
Pennyroyal Tea is right. Not you. You are ignorant and Pennyroyal knows more than you do about adoptions. It's okay to abort a child because it's the parents decision. They wouldn't have that option out their if you weren't supposed to. You may not agree with it but it's not your decision unless it's your own child.
If it's they're choice then its also their choice to get pregnant and conceive a child

And no pennyroyal teabag is not 'right'. He speaks as if he knows everything, which is what an ignorant person does - someone who believes their knowledge surpasses all. Maybe he's compensating for his own lack of real life, I'm not sure. But you keep saying that I should be open to oppinions but when I argue it you get offended and call me names.

And um just because there's an option of abortion available doesn't make it acceptable/appropriate. That's like saying people have the option to murder someone else.
pennyroyal teabag wrote: Not exactly. I just said that because it isn't always the best option. You don't know the world your sending your child off too, but if there is no consciousness, if there is no knowledge of life then it's not like I could regret if I was aborted. Because I wouldn't have even known I existed
But God knows. Let me ask you this, what if you got someone pregnant, what would you do?
User avatar
Kitty
Uber Otaku
Posts: 575
Joined: Sep 09, 2005 6:02pm
Gender: Female
Location: Under Your Bed
Contact:

Re: Pregnancy Scares

Post by Kitty »

Revy the two hands wrote:
kitty wrote:It is the parents decision to abort the child, keep it or put it up for adoption. They can do whatever they want it is their choice and nobody else's.
Pennyroyal Tea is right. Not you. You are ignorant and Pennyroyal knows more than you do about adoptions. It's okay to abort a child because it's the parents decision. They wouldn't have that option out their if you weren't supposed to. You may not agree with it but it's not your decision unless it's your own child.
If it's they're choice then its also their choice to get pregnant and conceive a child

And no pennyroyal teabag is not 'right'. He speaks as if he knows everything, which is what an ignorant person does - someone who believes their knowledge surpasses all. Maybe he's compensating for his own lack of real life, I'm not sure. But you keep saying that I should be open to oppinions but when I argue it you get offended and call me names.

And um just because there's an option of abortion available doesn't make it acceptable/appropriate. That's like saying people have the option to murder someone else.
pennyroyal teabag wrote: Not exactly. I just said that because it isn't always the best option. You don't know the world your sending your child off too, but if there is no consciousness, if there is no knowledge of life then it's not like I could regret if I was aborted. Because I wouldn't have even known I existed
But God knows. Let me ask you this, what if you got someone pregnant, what would you do?
Yes it is their choice to get pregnant. But sometimes it's not expected and not planned.
Like I said before how is adoption better when their is a pretty good chance that the child will not get adopted by the age of 18 and live on the streets as a bum? If abortion wasn't right then they wouldn't have that option out there for people.
I never got offended and nobody ever called you names.
In my opinion: God doesn't exist.
キティ

x Move On, It's just a chapter in the past. But don't close the book, just turn the page x
Jade_Steel_Hawk
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1578
Joined: Jul 14, 2005 8:12pm
Gender: Female

Re: Pregnancy Scares

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

Abortion is available because doctors don't want expecting moms to do it by themselves with a hanger. There are plenty of things available to us that aren't "right".

If you don't want to get pregnant, don't have sex. That's how it is a choice.
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
User avatar
Kitty
Uber Otaku
Posts: 575
Joined: Sep 09, 2005 6:02pm
Gender: Female
Location: Under Your Bed
Contact:

Re: Pregnancy Scares

Post by Kitty »

Jade_Steel_Hawk wrote:Abortion is available because doctors don't want expecting moms to do it by themselves with a hanger. There are plenty of things available to us that aren't "right".

If you don't want to get pregnant, don't have sex. That's how it is a choice.
Ok... I would never do it to myself with a hanger...I would be afraid of hurting myself. But how is adoption any better when the kid could end up a bum at 18 living on the streets?
キティ

x Move On, It's just a chapter in the past. But don't close the book, just turn the page x
Jade_Steel_Hawk
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1578
Joined: Jul 14, 2005 8:12pm
Gender: Female

Re: Pregnancy Scares

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

The kid has a chance at life. There are plenty of good potential families that can't have kids because the wife is infertile, doesn't want to go through pregnancy, or some other odd reason.

I'm sure you knew some kids that didn't turn out so well even though they're with their biological parents.
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
User avatar
Kitty
Uber Otaku
Posts: 575
Joined: Sep 09, 2005 6:02pm
Gender: Female
Location: Under Your Bed
Contact:

Re: Pregnancy Scares

Post by Kitty »

Ok just to clear this up a little. I ONLY agree with abortion when the parents don't have what they need to take care of the child. If the parents have money and everything they need to take care of the child then I don't agree with abortion because that is just stupid.

I do get that there are good homes out there for adopted kids but there is the chance of bad homes or no home that make me not like that option. Yeah I know there are people out there that want kids but have to adopt because they cant have kids but I don't know how adoption works exactly like do you meet the parents that will get your child or do they just go to a foster home that will kick them out by the age of 18 or something like that. I'm not sure but if the child does get into a good home I would be happy but eventually when I got everything i needed to take care of a child then I would end up wanting that child back. But I wouldn't be able to do that.
キティ

x Move On, It's just a chapter in the past. But don't close the book, just turn the page x
Jade_Steel_Hawk
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1578
Joined: Jul 14, 2005 8:12pm
Gender: Female

Re: Pregnancy Scares

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

Money doesn't matter. It just matters that the parents love their kid. If they have the kid, there's always a way to get by. Help is everywhere, you just have to look sometimes.

If you know you would eventually want the kid back, don't give it up in the first place [regarding adoption and abortion].
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
User avatar
Kitty
Uber Otaku
Posts: 575
Joined: Sep 09, 2005 6:02pm
Gender: Female
Location: Under Your Bed
Contact:

Re: Pregnancy Scares

Post by Kitty »

Jade_Steel_Hawk wrote:Money doesn't matter. It just matters that the parents love their kid. If they have the kid, there's always a way to get by. Help is everywhere, you just have to look sometimes.

If you know you would eventually want the kid back, don't give it up in the first place [regarding adoption and abortion].
Money does matter if you want the child to live. How will it eat?

That is exactly why I won't do adoption.
キティ

x Move On, It's just a chapter in the past. But don't close the book, just turn the page x
Post Reply