Kai's nationality

Himitsu
Uber Otaku

Re: Kai's nationality

Post by Himitsu »

Well as far as I understood the data about Kai on wikipedia, Kai is japanese. And his parents are alive. Though it's kinda weird to see that Kai never misses his parents at least his mother or sth. He's almost always shown like the cold, heartless blader. But I like the fact that he started to like beyblading because of Tyson. If you want to know the details, here's an axctract from wikipedia.

In the manga, a lot more is revealed of Kai's past. It is entirely debatable that Kai has any Russian in him at all; his father's name is Susumu Hiwatari, and little is seen of his mother.

Kai is even nastier than in his initial anime appearance. It is revealed that Kai, as a child, had a very close relationship with his father, a man who enjoyed engineering beyblades. The two played many battles together, delighting the young Kai and making him adore his father. However, when Kai's grandfather, Voltaire Hiwatari, learned of his son's playing rather than working, he dragged him and Kai both to his office at Hiwatari Enterprises. There he issued an ultimatum to Kai's father – to abandon his silly love for toys, or lose his position as heir to Hiwatari Enterprises. Kai's father chose beyblades, voicing a desire to make children smile as his reason.

Kai tried to go after his father as he walked away, but was held him back by his grandfather. At the tender age of ten, Kai took this to be rejection by his father and takes it upon himself to change his attitude. Donning face-paint, Kai begins his quest to destroy beyblades – the toys that 'stole' his father away. While his mother is present at the confrontation in the office, she seems to serve no role, neither aiding nor trying to prevent this rebellion.

Later, during Kai's and Tyson's battle in the regional championships, Soichiro turns up, demanding that the tournament be stopped. At this Kai's father steps in and tells him to leave Kai alone. Throughout the manga – unlike in the anime – however, Kai shows little personal development. His attitude remains largely coldly indifferent.

At the end of the manga, in a greatly controversial move, Takao Aoki, the manga's creator, depicted a time several years later, in which Kai had a son called Gou. While Gou is extremely cute (and almost identical to his father), no explanation of his parentage is offered, which leaves many fans dissatisfied, and they in turn choose to ignore this development. Gou does however seem to have a rivalry with Makoto (Tyson's son) which brings the manga full circle and perhaps gives it a sense of closure.
Sabaku no Gaara ga daisuki desu!!! <3333333333333333333

Cosmic_Starmie is my LITTLE DELICIOUS and we dance together! C'mon everybody dance with us! Let's do the monkey!!
Happy Chikkie Ron ^^
Absolute Otaku

Post by Happy Chikkie Ron ^^ »

Great ! Thanks Shadow_Blader ^-^ Actually when I was watching that episode, it wasn't said that Kai is a russian but it said that he was taken away from his parents. They actually didn't even said that Kai's parents were dead, but why I said this is because you know, Kai was raised up in Borris' orphanage. I thought that if he's raised in an orphanage, so he must be an orphan....
Anyways, thanks and I'll just have a look at thiose wiki discussions once again. Could you tell me where on the net can I have a look on those mangas ?
I mean is there any site which have those mangas especially the one which has Gou and Makoto ?
StarGazer_25 : Im Back!!
Master Otaku

Post by StarGazer_25 : Im Back!! »

he's a j-boy whom girls love, haha !
We didnt choosed love, it was love which choosed us..
Happy Chikkie Ron ^^
Absolute Otaku

I don't..you know ^-^
divinephoenix
Absolute Otaku

Post by divinephoenix »

i'm lost??? :?:
Please check out my Mod App
See my Drawings ^_^
Hallow Ichigo is my Master and I am his genie ^^
Happy Chikkie Ron ^^
Absolute Otaku

shadowblader wrote:i'm lost??? :?:
Why Shadowblader ? ^-^
Happy Chikkie Ron ^^
Absolute Otaku

He is a japanese shadowlader ^-^
inuyashaa
Visitor

Post by inuyashaa »

hmm have to check that out
divinephoenix
Absolute Otaku

Post by divinephoenix »

does anyone hear saw kai's birth certificate???
See my Drawings ^_^
Himitsu
Uber Otaku

Post by Himitsu »

Well I there aren't any pages with pics of the new beyblade generation really.. but try google images or write gou fan club or sth.. that's how you'll get some pics.. but they're usually very small so you won't see much

Cosmic_Starmie is my LITTLE DELICIOUS and we dance together! C'mon everybody dance with us! Let's do the monkey!!
Shotatsu
Newbie Otaku

Post by Shotatsu »

Alot of people i know say that half of his family is Russian but the other half, Voltiare's side is the Japanese bit, unless kai's mother was Voltiare's daughter and lost her Russian surnme... :crazy: ir all rather strange
Saru mo ki kara ochiru.
divinephoenix
Absolute Otaku

Post by divinephoenix »

for what i heard or read or whatever. voltaire's son is Kai's father so maybe that's why Kai's surname is japanese.
See my Drawings ^_^
Himitsu
Uber Otaku

Post by Himitsu »

look i know of a great site with loads of info.. so check it out :mrgreen:

here's the link. http://bey-blitzkreig.talkhost.info/

Happy Chikkie Ron ^^
Absolute Otaku

You are good Crimson Maiden ^-^ Thank you !! Lets see, I will follow the link :)
Himitsu
Uber Otaku

Post by Himitsu »

Thnx :mrgreen:

Happy Chikkie Ron ^^
Absolute Otaku

My Pleasure ^-^