I hope it will...
Please check out my Mod App
See my Drawings ^_^
Hallow Ichigo is my Master and I am his genie ^^
Elf Princess Warrior
Full Metal Otaku

Re: BeyBlade going to air on Cartoon Network on Jan, 2008

Post by Elf Princess Warrior »

Me too. I'd rather they bring back Takao, Max, Rei and Kai in all their glory. If they set it with them grown up, or with new characters, I'm not so sure about it. Although, I don't see why they shouldn't, Slayers, which is also getting a 4th season, after the third ended way back in 1998, will have the same characters Lina, Amelia, Gourry and Zelgadis.
phoenixmiko
Baka Otaku

Post by phoenixmiko »

They most likely will bring back Tyson, Ray, Max and Kai. They want to revive the game and the anime's popularity so they'll probably use the same characters from G-revolution and make the new season a step up from the third one. I mean, they're going to make the blades completely out of metal! It's reasonable to assume that the Beybladers will get more powerful because of this. More sparks in battles too!

I hope they use the G-revolutions team again with the same animated style like in G-revolution - I thought they had drawn the characters brilliantly in that season. V-force was good (even though they did look a little young) and G-revolution made them all look older and more mature and some characters (like Ray and Kai) had previous aspects about them return. Such as Ray's lovely catlike orange eyes and Kai's long scarf. I hope they keep these aspects in the new season.
divinephoenix
Absolute Otaku

Post by divinephoenix »

Yep, those are the things people look after once a new season begins, seeing what the difference is as well as the changes. Since a LOT liked the third season best, they'll probably keep it unless they want to change how they look...again...
See my Drawings ^_^
Elf Princess Warrior
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Elf Princess Warrior »

I would think that too. But I can't help but wonder what they will do. If you remember, Yu-Gi-Oh also had a sequel, Yu-Gi-Oh GX in which they had a completely different cast. It's possbile Beyblade might end up like Yu-Gi-Oh GX. Then again, there is no reason why they should replace the cast. Beybade is nothing without The Bladebreakers. If they have to change the cast, they should at least keep the Bladebreakers: Takao, Max, Rei, Kai and even Kenny.
divinephoenix
Absolute Otaku

Post by divinephoenix »

Yeah, and I don't mean just pop up once in a while. Then I'll probably not watch it anymore like YU-Gi-Oh GX.
See my Drawings ^_^
Happy Chikkie Ron ^^
Absolute Otaku

Post by Happy Chikkie Ron ^^ »

Jan 2008....thats gone...and the new series didnt came.... >_> Seriously that made me laugh XD
Just kidding *winks*

You see, I agree with Elf_Princess that Beyblade wouldnt be the same fun anymore if they replace the cast. If they create a new series, I want the same cast....I WANT THE SAME CAST !!! ;__;

Personally, I feel that any anime series, or any series or serial shouldnt be dragged or say, continue for long...The thing is, it loses its charm and there isnt the same fun anymore...
Like what they are doing with Pokemon....I remember when I was small and the Poke series started, I was so eager to watch each and every episode and I never missed a single one but now I dont watch anymore. The series should be limited to a few number of episodes, but with somthing meaningful and new. Thats my opinion.

I dont think I'll be as curious to watch Beyblade as I used to be . G-Rev was the best of all series and the makers actually impressed me a lot for making it so fun. Usually the 2nd or 3rd series are never able to catch my attention...But G-Rev was like...AWESOME !! <3

They could have possibly ended the beyblade series as G-Rev as the last series...It was a nice one with an awesome ending. I personally wouldnt want any more further series to come because I dont want to get bored with Beyblade, but if they keep on making one series after another, I know I will get bored... -_-
divinephoenix
Absolute Otaku

Post by divinephoenix »

If they'll ba making this when they have siblings then, I guess it'll be ok..
See my Drawings ^_^
Happy Chikkie Ron ^^
Absolute Otaku

But I think the importance will shift to their siblings and the main characters will be just like...so that one cant exactly say that the cast has been replaced...Thats what I think. I hope the Blade Breakers are still the main characters in the new series...but it will be a lot more fun with new characters...yet I want them to stay as main characters ^^
divinephoenix
Absolute Otaku

Post by divinephoenix »

They can't be overrun by their sisters, right???

Maybe their just supporting characters like Hilary is.
See my Drawings ^_^
phoenixmiko
Baka Otaku

Post by phoenixmiko »

Perhaps but I agree with Elf Princess Warrior. Beyblade would be nothing without the Bladebreakers and I hope they keep them as the main characters like you guys but keep them together as a team like they did in season one and two. I didn't mind having them split up in G-revolution at first but it was annoying when they didn't get back together after the World Championships. I was glad when they finally reunited for the Justice Five tournament and remained together after Tyson and Brooklyn's battle too!

About them continuously making seasons...I don't think it'll come to that. I mean, Inuyasha had six seasons but ended with the storyline hanging. I wouldn't mind if they made six seasons of Beyblade as long as each season was exciting and had something new (like in G-revolution it was new characters like Daichi and the Hard Metal System) and did not leave the ending with loose ends like in Inuyasha. As for Pokemon, if they made the episodes less similar to previous seasons, I would be more interested in it and I hope Beyblade does not come to this it would be a disaster!
phoenixmiko
Baka Otaku

Post by phoenixmiko »

However, I doubt that Beyblade will become repetitive like Pokemon or spoiled by a sequel series like Yugioh was with Yugioh GX (sorry to those who are fans of GX!) because looking back at all three seasons, you can see that some things are the same but there are lots of different things too which makes each season unique and exciting and that's what I love about Beyblade. I reckon this next season coming out in Japan will be as good, if not better, than G-revolution!

The Beyblade fandom has been dwindling these past few years and most of us have been hoping for a new season (including me!) so I think the fourth season is just what the anime needs to give it a boost into popularity again. I bet it'll just as loved as it was when G-revolution came out. Anyhow, the prospect alone of a new season coming after so long is exciting. It will be interesting to see what it's like when it airs in Japan.
divinephoenix
Absolute Otaku

Post by divinephoenix »

I agree with phoenixmiko. Beybalde is more exciting than Pokemon because it's not always the same thing every episode, walk, battle, team rocket trying to steal pikachu, pikachu attacks them and team rocket blasts off again. I just hope that they'll think of something as exciting and as well as shocking as what they've done in G-Rev.
See my Drawings ^_^
Happy Chikkie Ron ^^
Absolute Otaku

phoenixmiko wrote:Perhaps but I agree with Elf Princess Warrior. Beyblade would be nothing without the Bladebreakers and I hope they keep them as the main characters like you guys but keep them together as a team like they did in season one and two. I didn't mind having them split up in G-revolution at first but it was annoying when they didn't get back together after the World Championships. I was glad when they finally reunited for the Justice Five tournament and remained together after Tyson and Brooklyn's battle too!

About them continuously making seasons...I don't think it'll come to that. I mean, Inuyasha had six seasons but ended with the storyline hanging. I wouldn't mind if they made six seasons of Beyblade as long as each season was exciting and had something new (like in G-revolution it was new characters like Daichi and the Hard Metal System) and did not leave the ending with loose ends like in Inuyasha. As for Pokemon, if they made the episodes less similar to previous seasons, I would be more interested in it and I hope Beyblade does not come to this it would be a disaster!
I agree with you. The most exciting thing was to see the BladeBreakers splitting to face each other serious battles...I had seen them having practise matches with each other in the previous two seasons but the championships battle in the 3rd season ( apart from the ones in the 1st season, but that was before they were a team..) was extremely exciting !! The series had twists and I simply loved all the new characters : Daichi !!! , Barthez Battalion, Ming-Ming, Crusher, Garland, Brooklyn...They are all good in their own ways... 3rd season had everything...good animation, characters, story line and battles...I want the upcoming seasons to be as exciting as the 3rd one !! <3
phoenixmiko
Baka Otaku

Post by phoenixmiko »

Me too. G-revolution saw the characters really develop in terms of maturity and attitude. I hope this next season will be just as exciting with the same amount of old and new stuff mixed in like the third season. There's no doubt it'll be a step up from G-rev anyway, given the fact that the blades will made completely out of metal when the Hard Metal System was part metal and part plastic. This new type of blade will definitely mean that the battles get more intense and the Bladers more powerful! It sounds really cool.
Happy Chikkie Ron ^^
Absolute Otaku

I agree with EACH of your sentence, Miko-san !!! *high fives* I really loved the way how the characters developed in terms of maturity and attitude...<3 And the blades, the intense battles, the hard metal system, that combination of old and new stuff mixed together...Wow <3