Opening Theme Song

Kou Akabane
Visitor

Opening Theme Song

Post by Kou Akabane »

It was so weird when I started watching the opening theme song with my friends. The first thing you see is the people... and then you think its funny so you start laughing.. and then they started laughing which made it seem even funnier and a bit weird...
did anyone else get this effect? And no, Ive never touched a drug in my life XD
Nigai
Visitor

re: Opening Theme Song

Post by Nigai »

LOL. Nope. But I watched it all allone. If I had watched it with my friend Brad I probably would have got just about the same affect.
Sanakan
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Sanakan »

yeah...it was pretty weird...I kept thinking about the commersial they had played earlier and I was like 'isn't this a suspence anime?' :-s

but then I thought to was funny for being stupid so i laughed...though I still don't see any reference in it to the anime itself

...just plain wierd... 8) hehe!
Nigai
Visitor

Post by Nigai »

We were discusing the relevence on another board. You can check it out there. We were thinking it had to do with the fact that all these people are at the end of the line pretty much mentally. Look at Tsukiko Sagi. She's being pushed to make the next big design for her company because of the sucsess of her last plush. Her co-workers don't like her because of her sudden stardom because of her design. She is falling apart mentally when Lil' Sluger comes and takes care of that. Then look at Wazaku. He doesn't have a great job and can never seem to find a good story. He hit an old man and put him in the hospitol and people are always hanging that over him. The son of the man he hit is demanding pay for his fathers stay at the hospitol. He's also a very depraved man. Then Lil' Sluger comes and gets him. When looked at it like that I can draw two conclusions for myself. One: It is showing an example of these peoples mental state. That they all are close to losing it. Two:It might be showing them trying to prove to themselves and everyone else, particularly Lil' Sluger, that they have nothing to worry about. They're happy and they will just laugh their lives away right into oblivion (Which might explain the backgrounds. IE: A desroyed town, broken up home, garbage dump. That may just be an example of human depravity). Though I will admit, the first time I saw it I thought the backgrounds were sort of desriptions of the person on that background. Or maybe I'm just looking too much into this. I just really like the show.
Sanakan
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Sanakan »

ah...that makes sense...i get it now, i think...oh well...i'll have to wait for the rest of the series, but the 1st ep was cool so i might become a fan if i like it

mysterious accidents and a dark mental theme...sound good to me YAY! :mrgreen:
Nigai
Visitor

Post by Nigai »

They should replay it thursday night.
Persiaisis
Absolute Otaku

Post by Persiaisis »

i'm not mental but i found my self laughing and thinking that it was all funny. the song brought out something that i just cant... well anyways i love the song.
http://groups.myspace.com/absoluteanimerox
check out AA's myspace group
Nigai
Visitor

Post by Nigai »

Yes. Susumu Hirasawa can have that effect on people.
Panda*
Ex-Moderator

Re: re: Opening Theme Song

Post by Panda* »

any1 know some site where i can download it?
My head is filled with disease. My skin is begging you please.
I'm on my hands and knees. I want so much to believe.
Bambi <333
Nigai
Visitor

Post by Nigai »

No. But I can get you close. The following site has Music done by Susumu Hirasawa. There are 10 PA based songs not found on the OST (Including two different versions of Yume No Shinen Kouen) And one sone from the OST (Reverie Hill. The end song)

http://216.239.37.104/translate_c?hl=en ... ie%3DUTF-8

Also. This site has been translated into english. And download Ride The Blue Limbo. It is the most AWEXOME song EVARZ!!!
Panda*
Ex-Moderator

Post by Panda* »

tnx, anyways.....
My head is filled with disease. My skin is begging you please.
I'm on my hands and knees. I want so much to believe.
Bambi <333
Nigai
Visitor

Post by Nigai »

Well if you do decide to download them (And they are totally legal too) The songs you'd wanna get are called "Dream Island Daytime" and "Dream Island Branchpoint" The second ones best.
XxAnimeSmilesxX
Visitor

Re: Opening Theme Song

Post by XxAnimeSmilesxX »

yeh when i first saw the show on adult swim the theme song totally creeped me out and then at the end...are they sleeping or are they dead? because that was kinda distrubing... 8-[
blue crow
Uber Otaku

Post by blue crow »

Nigai wrote:LOL. Nope. But I watched it all allone. If I had watched it with my friend Brad I probably would have got just about the same affect.
i watch alone 2.n i didn't laugh at it.

they r sleeping at d end,they won't b in that position if they r dead.
Sasami Jurai
Absolute Otaku

Re: Opening Theme Song

Post by Sasami Jurai »

I love Paranoia Agent's opening theme song!! >.< It's so fitting! It's become one of my favorites. In fact, I downloaded the full song. :mrgreen:

Oh, and I was listening to it at around 3 A.M. this morning on my iPod. :mrgreen:
Don't wake me; I plan on sleeping in
There is a light that never goes out~