Cougar .... just how powerful

Cyn Starfall
Visitor

Cougar .... just how powerful

Post by Cyn Starfall »

I have a theory that Cougar is the most powerful Alter, not including the Final Stage of Zetsuei and Shell Bullet (and even then, there is never a comparisson between Cougars full alter form and their's) Later in the series, we see Cougar easily pound Kazuma (i think his 2nd Stage) into the ground. Then, in an even later episode, Kazuma and Ryuho are trying to immediatly run off to the City. Cougar stops them and they both ask if he thinks that he can take them both on at once. It then cuts to a scene of Cougar dragging both Kazuma and Ryuho into their house uncoscious, both of them looking as if they had the crap beaten out of them. Also, Kyoji Mujo only managed to beat Cougar because he could read his mind, thanks to Kanami, and then Kazuma really only beats Kyoji Mujo because Cougar rescued Kanami in the middle of the fight.
Dark Wing
Full Metal Otaku

re: Cougar .... just how powerful

Post by Dark Wing »

Hmmmm...good theory and I believe your right I mean Cougar did reach his final stage years before Kazuma and Ryuho had so naturaly he may have been more powerful no matter what from he took.
I know love because I know hate, I know joy because I know sorrow, I know pleasure because I know pain, I know the value of life because I know death all to well.

"There is no shame in Love or Friendship even those of Light and Darkness know this."
Kurokasai Senshu
Visitor

Post by Kurokasai Senshu »

its implied a lot in the anime and manga that he is the most powerful. he was the one who taught kazuma everything he knew and stuff ya, but like what was said up there, he wailed on kazuma and ryuho at the SAME TIME, the only one to be able to do that and remotely survive was that last...guy...whos name escapes me atm...damn ](*,) but anyway! yes, i do belive that he is the most powerful. its never actually mentioned (at least not in the anime) but it is foreshadowed and hinted at plenty
Ryukon
Uber Otaku

Post by Ryukon »

I also think you're right. You're giving substatial evidence that points to that direction.

I would say something more than this, but, heh, it currently elludes me at the moment. :lol:
Blue like. Like blue.
~龍子
Shinmeiryuu
Visitor

Re: Cougar .... just how powerful

Post by Shinmeiryuu »

Indeed, Cougar was my favorite character even before I knew that he was probably the strongest, so even if he isn't, it wouldn't change my mind about him.

But what baffles me is, did he die at the end? Or did he just fall unconscious? I know that refinment decreases the life span, but he seemed like he was just fine when he rescued Kanami, and he also seemed just fine when he was talking to those kids. So we can safely assume that he wasn't weakened after that fight with Mujo.

Anyway, I think if Cougar took on Kazuma it'd probably be a tie. Most likely the same for if he faught Ryuho. But that's only if they used their last forms in the fight, Cougar would pwn Kazuma and Ryuho otherwise.
Ryukon
Uber Otaku

Post by Ryukon »

Shinmeiryuu wrote: But what baffles me is, did he die at the end? Or did he just fall unconscious? I know that refinment decreases the life span, but he seemed like he was just fine when he rescued Kanami, and he also seemed just fine when he was talking to those kids. So we can safely assume that he wasn't weakened after that fight with Mujo.
Cougar's managed to keep his secret of being one of the first Alters refined on the mainland, as well as lots of other secrets like the true intentions of Martin Jigmar and Holy as well as some other stuffs.

I'm pretty sure when he fought with Mujo, his life was fading even more. He did use his final form to take the guy on, and that alone does a lot of damage. Kazuma's arm and is feeling the effects of the extreme use of his power as well as Ryuho. Cougar's noticeable shortened life was the white hairs on his head.

But, yeah, answering your question, Cougar did die (unfortunately).
Blue like. Like blue.
~龍子
animecrazyguy
Visitor

Post by animecrazyguy »

it pissed me off to see he how he turned out in the end :(

i also got pissed cos they never showed the effect of his ripid kill final bullet. and like everyone else says i think he was the stargest. for one thing kazuma and ryuho would have a hard time catching him becos of his speed. he said himself that kazuma and ryuho can't beat him even at their most strongest.
Morzan
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Morzan »

I think that Cougar is the strongest alter at Holy. Even Elion can't track him. He is so handsome to. He is just so...there is like a little of heavens light shinning down on him. Gorgeous. Anyways....yeah he is strong....way strong. If both of those loser weere to battel him at once my man would win. anyways....doesn't that happen?
Roy:Thats a stupid question Havoc. I say it because its true and when I'm Fuhrer there will be changes. From that day, all female officers will be required to wear tiny mini skirts!
Havoc:Your a miracle Mustang, I'll follow you for the rest of my life.