Any other Kazuma haters besides me?

Dash
Rookie Otaku

Any other Kazuma haters besides me?

Post by Dash »

I normally don't like character bashing, but Kazuma just takes the cake. I can unbashedly say that he is my least favorite anime character in all of anime...and here's why:

Numero uno reason, he's unchivalrous. I naturally have a liking and respect for females, especially pretty females. If I was fighting against a girl, I'd find ways around brute force, using only what force is nessicary to subdue her (I studied Tae Kwon Do and for 4 years and Aikido for 2 years.) Kazuma however, doesn't treat females any different from males. He attacks anyone aligned with HOLY, even girls like Scheris. And since he's the protagonist, it's shown to be justified that he beats up Scheris (possibly raped her??) because she's of HOLY, and HOLY are the "bad guys." My step dad used to beat my mother, that must be why I hate violence against women.

He's also disrespectful. On a website, it says he "loves his chaotic life." Chaos is nothing good. I have had a chaotic life for so long, and it sucks ass. I strongly admire discipline, refinement and other things HOLY seems to stand for. As far as I'm concerned, HOLY's overall goal seems to be developing and enlightening the Lost Ground (most inners are also quite unpleasent...Kimishima, Ayase and Kanami being notoble exceptions.) they're uncultured, brutal and disorderly. It made sense when Scheris said "we're just trying to preserve it. Why are you people such ideots?" Idiots they are indeed.

Ryuho then said "Power without control is nothing more that raw violence." Agreed there too. Kazuma has no control, and neither do most inners and native alters.

What's more, Kazuma has way too many fans. Either stupid jocko meatheads who say "yeah, Kazuma's frikkin' badass" or moronic fangirls who go "eee! Kazu-kun is MINE!" I attribute his popularity to the increasing celebration of brutality in the 21st century...something that is truly pathetic indeed.

Kazuma haters...unite with me[/b]
Gorby
Full Metal Otaku

Re: Any other Kazuma haters besides me?

Post by Gorby »

Dash wrote:I normally don't like character bashing, but Kazuma just takes the cake. I can unbashedly say that he is my least favorite anime character in all of anime...and here's why:
Trust me, there are worse.
Numero uno reason, he's unchivalrous. I naturally have a liking and respect for females, especially pretty females. If I was fighting against a girl, I'd find ways around brute force, using only what force is nessicary to subdue her
Kazuma doesn't have the means to fight any other way
Kazuma however, doesn't treat females any different from males.
Ayase is a good counter arguement to this, he refused to use his alter to attack her in their fight (only used it for flight.) Even when he was at the very brink of death, he still didn't fight back and refused to hurt her
He attacks anyone aligned with HOLY, even girls like Scheris.
HOLD attacked the community and killed Kimishima, and Kazuma wanted revenge. I'm sure you'd be pissed if someone trudged through your town destroying everything in sight and killed your closest friend I'm sure you'd be pissed and would want revenge on everyone responsible
And since he's the protagonist, it's shown to be justified that he beats up Scheris (possibly raped her??)
And you base this on? Nowhere was it implied that Kazuma raped her.
because she's of HOLY, and HOLY are the "bad guys."
Actually, yes they are. Later in the series it becomes quite apparent that Commander Zigmarl has his own underlying motives.
My step dad used to beat my mother, that must be why I hate violence against women.
This part I agree wholeheartedly with (that never happened with me, but man do I hate spouse abusers)
He's also disrespectful. On a website, it says he "loves his chaotic life."
Kazuma is a thrill seeker and nothing else. He enjoys using his alter, and he cant anywhere else
Chaos is nothing good. I have had a chaotic life for so long, and it sucks ass.
I strongly admire discipline, refinement and other things HOLY seems to stand for.
seems to me like you haven't seen the whole series. Their refinement turns the alters into identical hive-minded drones.
As far as I'm concerned, HOLY's overall goal seems to be developing and enlightening the Lost Ground
Okay, you definitely haven't seen the whole series. Martin Zigmarl doesn't truly stand for those ideals (which is why Ryuho leaves HOLY) and just wishes to keep native alters under an iron fist
(most inners are also quite unpleasent...Kimishima, Ayase and Kanami being notoble exceptions.)
We've only seen a few inners, and the only one really that we can base enough on to hate is Dread Red (the Labor Camp owner with the tentacle alter. I found tht the HOLY operatives are much more dislikeable than inners. Tatsunami is a total lunatic. Kigetsuki is a disloyal, arrogant, misogynistic prick. Emergy is a whiny, immature wuss.
they're uncultured, brutal and disorderly.
True, but HOLY members are really not much different, that description fits Tatsunami quite well
It made sense when Scheris said "we're just trying to preserve it.
Really only Ryuho and Scheris feel that way. The other members gave in to HOLY or are in it to abuse their power
Why are you people such ideots?" Idiots they are indeed.
Better to be a free idiot than an intelligent puppet
Ryuho then said "Power without control is nothing more that raw violence." Agreed there too. Kazuma has no control, and neither do most inners and native alters.
Unlike most natives however, Kazuma fights for a cause. Ryuho's opinion of Kazuma changes greatly throughout the series as he realizes this
What's more, Kazuma has way too many fans. Either stupid jocko meatheads who say "yeah, Kazuma's frikkin' badass"
What else do you expect
or moronic fangirls who go "eee! Kazu-kun is MINE!"
Please, Ryuho has way more fangirls than Kazuma
I attribute his popularity to the increasing celebration of brutality in the 21st century...something that is truly pathetic indeed.
I think he's a badass for his fighting spirit and because he doesn't give in to the man
I may not be a school but Im getting an extention program in my pants
Equivalent-Exchange
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Equivalent-Exchange »

I don't hate kazuma and I'm not a screaming fan girl, not for Kazuma nor Ryuho.
PIPSQUEAK?!?!
Dash
Rookie Otaku

Post by Dash »

Equivalent-Exchange wrote:I don't hate kazuma and I'm not a screaming fan girl, not for Kazuma nor Ryuho.
Yeah. Crazy fangirl bitches are terrible.

And good. Good to see an impartial s-CRY-ed fan. Unlike stupid Gorby. I [censored] hate it when I voice my opinion on Kazuma and people end up rationalizing everything he does. Sure, if the thread was for my disdain of, say, Kagome, Flay Allster or even Scheris, I'd be met with throngs of approval and agreement. But I guess people are just too stupid to know any other way.
Gyro Zeppeli
Absolute Otaku

Post by Gyro Zeppeli »

Dash wrote:
Yeah. Crazy fangirl bitches are terrible.
Agreed
And good. Good to see an impartial s-CRY-ed fan.
Wow, you are close-minded
Unlike stupid Gorby.
That "stupid" Gorby is my brother
I [censored] hate it when I voice my opinion on Kazuma and people end up rationalizing everything he does.
You're the one that came up with baseless statements and ones contradicted in the series to bash a character
Sure, if the thread was for my disdain of, say, Kagome, Flay Allster or even Scheris, I'd be met with throngs of approval and agreement.
The difference is, those characters suck and have little to no use in their series
But I guess people are just too stupid to know any other way.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa20 ... lack-1.jpg
In the beginning was the Win, and the Win was with Gai, and the Win was Gai.

Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah
Equivalent-Exchange
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Equivalent-Exchange »

PIPSQUEAK?!?!