Why is "s-CRY-ed" spelled the way it is?

WhoWantsToKnow
Dragon Master Otaku

Why is "s-CRY-ed" spelled the way it is?

Post by WhoWantsToKnow »

Someone had told me there was a significance to the spelling, though it escapes me at present. Does anyone here happen to know why the series title is spelled the way it is?

I can't confirm it, but I think someone once told me that the "s" and the "ed" have significance in the Japanese and are then connected to the English "CRY".
smiley_meek
Visitor

re: Why is "s-CRY-ed" spelled the way it is?

Post by smiley_meek »

i have no idea why its spelled like that, srry couldnt be much help
J.Kudo
Visitor

Post by J.Kudo »

Well to Disect it Scryed would mean invisiond through somone else's eyes at a distance (His sister Scrys through him) - CRY has a connectino to the emotional effects that the Alters deal with, not sure about the rest though...
Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

perhaps its a reference of having a scar thru crying.
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
See you on the battlefield...
Gyro Zeppeli
Absolute Otaku

Re: re: Why is "s-CRY-ed" spelled the way it is?

Post by Gyro Zeppeli »

J.Kudo wrote:His sister Scrys through him
I pretty sure that Kanami isn't Kazuma's sister.
In the beginning was the Win, and the Win was with Gai, and the Win was Gai.

Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah
Sparks of Dead Flames
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Sparks of Dead Flames »

yea he's right kanami isn't kazuma's sister she is another orphan like him
when u do things right people wont realize you've done anything at all
WhoWantsToKnow
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by WhoWantsToKnow »

But one point is that, perhaps in a very subtle way, Kanami drew Kazuma to her. You'll see that as the story progresses.

Now that I've seen the whole series, I'm inclined to agree that the title is as it is because of Kanami. Both the "scryed" and the "CRY" apply to her. However, to reveal the nature of this would be a spoiler. I'll leave that to the profile.
Wraith-X
Visitor

Post by Wraith-X »

Or...you could find out what the Japanese name translates to. It is Sukuraido.

I've seen the entire series. It is great, but nothing ever results between Kanami and Kazuma. Kanami does look pretty hot at the end, though.
Dark Wing
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Dark Wing »

Ooh! For all those that have wondered, s-CRY-ed is pronounced just as it's spelled. Like, "cried" but with an 's' in front. I'd been wondering about that for the longest time until I just now came across the Japanese pronounciation, "sukuraido" 8)
I know love because I know hate, I know joy because I know sorrow, I know pleasure because I know pain, I know the value of life because I know death all to well.

"There is no shame in Love or Friendship even those of Light and Darkness know this."
Gyro Zeppeli
Absolute Otaku

Post by Gyro Zeppeli »

Wraith-X wrote:Or...you could find out what the Japanese name translates to. It is Sukuraido.

I've seen the entire series. It is great, but nothing ever results between Kanami and Kazuma. Kanami does look pretty hot at the end, though.
Does the last episode take place a few years later?
In the beginning was the Win, and the Win was with Gai, and the Win was Gai.

Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah
Dark Wing
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Dark Wing »

Kazuma Torisuna wrote:
Wraith-X wrote:Or...you could find out what the Japanese name translates to. It is Sukuraido.

Does the last episode take place a few years later?
No not really well yes and no. You see the last episode picks up where ep. 25 left off and Kazuma and Ryuho go head to head in their final dual. Then after the cridits are done rolling they'll show a what happend to Kazuma, Ryuho, and Kanami like six or five years later. It's not much and it lives you wanting more.
I know love because I know hate, I know joy because I know sorrow, I know pleasure because I know pain, I know the value of life because I know death all to well.

"There is no shame in Love or Friendship even those of Light and Darkness know this."
vampirelord
Full Metal Otaku

Post by vampirelord »

J.Kudo wrote:Well to Disect it Scryed would mean invisiond through somone else's eyes at a distance (His sister Scrys through him) - CRY has a connectino to the emotional effects that the Alters deal with, not sure about the rest though...
well kudos quite right i think the series is name scryed bcuz of kanamis alter.if im rigth there an ability that let u see other ppl the abilitys name is scrying but i dont know why it is separated mayb kudos right.
Think what u want...Reality isn't so kind.Everything doesn't work out the way u want it to. That's why...As long as u don't get ur hopes up, u can take anything...You feel less pain.Anyway, whatever wish u have is none of my business.
OniKira
Absolute Otaku

Post by OniKira »

better yet, hows it pronounced? is is skried? or skryed
OniRuroKen=OniLawliet=OniKira
I promise, this is the last name change. And don't you dare take one of my old names. I'll write you down if you do.

Equality. Tolerance. Respect.
Kanami Yuta
Visitor

Post by Kanami Yuta »

in the episodes ive seen kazuma always leaves kanami and you know.....does stuff that i cant remember
Haru the Blood Storm
Visitor

Re: Why is "s-CRY-ed" spelled the way it is?

Post by Haru the Blood Storm »

heres a discription of the word s-cry-ed
s-CRY-ed - Although not mentioned in the anime, in the manga, it's the "word of evolution" used to achieve an Alter's final form (the armored form) where Alters and their Users can fuse together to become an even more powerful being. In the anime, Ryuho and Kazuma are the only characters to achieve this form. Some would argue that Zigmar and Cougar also achieved this, but in their cases, they were both refined and that their Alters can take different shapes rather than upgrade themselves like Ryuho and Kazuma did using their own wills to achieve it. The word itself is only used as a catalyst in the manga. :mrgreen:
Dark Wing
Full Metal Otaku

Re: Why is "s-CRY-ed" spelled the way it is?

Post by Dark Wing »

haru_the_storm wrote:heres a discription of the word s-cry-ed
s-CRY-ed - Although not mentioned in the anime, in the manga, it's the "word of evolution" used to achieve an Alter's final form (the armored form) where Alters and their Users can fuse together to become an even more powerful being. In the anime, Ryuho and Kazuma are the only characters to achieve this form. Some would argue that Zigmar and Cougar also achieved this, but in their cases, they were both refined and that their Alters can take different shapes rather than upgrade themselves like Ryuho and Kazuma did using their own wills to achieve it. The word itself is only used as a catalyst in the manga. :mrgreen:
wow you must have done your research really well. I mean You actually know what your talking about...Lets be friends :mrgreen: