Page 1 of 2

Why is "s-CRY-ed" spelled the way it is?

Posted: Jun 22, 2005 12:41pm
by WhoWantsToKnow
Someone had told me there was a significance to the spelling, though it escapes me at present. Does anyone here happen to know why the series title is spelled the way it is?

I can't confirm it, but I think someone once told me that the "s" and the "ed" have significance in the Japanese and are then connected to the English "CRY".

re: Why is "s-CRY-ed" spelled the way it is?

Posted: Jun 30, 2005 12:15am
by smiley_meek
i have no idea why its spelled like that, srry couldnt be much help

re: Why is "s-CRY-ed" spelled the way it is?

Posted: Jun 30, 2005 3:30am
by J.Kudo
Well to Disect it Scryed would mean invisiond through somone else's eyes at a distance (His sister Scrys through him) - CRY has a connectino to the emotional effects that the Alters deal with, not sure about the rest though...

re: Why is "s-CRY-ed" spelled the way it is?

Posted: Jun 30, 2005 3:37am
by Ethereal Blaze
perhaps its a reference of having a scar thru crying.

Re: re: Why is "s-CRY-ed" spelled the way it is?

Posted: Jul 11, 2005 10:39am
by Gyro Zeppeli
J.Kudo wrote:His sister Scrys through him
I pretty sure that Kanami isn't Kazuma's sister.

re: Why is "s-CRY-ed" spelled the way it is?

Posted: Jul 11, 2005 8:05pm
by Sparks of Dead Flames
yea he's right kanami isn't kazuma's sister she is another orphan like him

re: Why is "s-CRY-ed" spelled the way it is?

Posted: Jul 15, 2005 2:23pm
by WhoWantsToKnow
But one point is that, perhaps in a very subtle way, Kanami drew Kazuma to her. You'll see that as the story progresses.

Now that I've seen the whole series, I'm inclined to agree that the title is as it is because of Kanami. Both the "scryed" and the "CRY" apply to her. However, to reveal the nature of this would be a spoiler. I'll leave that to the profile.

re: Why is "s-CRY-ed" spelled the way it is?

Posted: Jul 29, 2005 12:21pm
by Wraith-X
Or...you could find out what the Japanese name translates to. It is Sukuraido.

I've seen the entire series. It is great, but nothing ever results between Kanami and Kazuma. Kanami does look pretty hot at the end, though.

re: Why is "s-CRY-ed" spelled the way it is?

Posted: Nov 28, 2005 9:17am
by Dark Wing
Ooh! For all those that have wondered, s-CRY-ed is pronounced just as it's spelled. Like, "cried" but with an 's' in front. I'd been wondering about that for the longest time until I just now came across the Japanese pronounciation, "sukuraido" 8)

Re: re: Why is "s-CRY-ed" spelled the way it is?

Posted: Nov 28, 2005 6:13pm
by Gyro Zeppeli
Wraith-X wrote:Or...you could find out what the Japanese name translates to. It is Sukuraido.

I've seen the entire series. It is great, but nothing ever results between Kanami and Kazuma. Kanami does look pretty hot at the end, though.
Does the last episode take place a few years later?

Re: re: Why is "s-CRY-ed" spelled the way it is?

Posted: Dec 06, 2005 7:49am
by Dark Wing
Kazuma Torisuna wrote:
Wraith-X wrote:Or...you could find out what the Japanese name translates to. It is Sukuraido.

I've seen the entire series. It is great, but nothing ever results between Kanami and Kazuma. Kanami does look pretty hot at the end, though.
Does the last episode take place a few years later?


No not really well yes and no. You see the last episode picks up where ep. 25 left off and Kazuma and Ryuho go head to head in their final dual. Then after the cridits are done rolling they'll show a what happend to Kazuma, Ryuho, and Kanami like six or five years later. It's not much and it lives you wanting more.

Re: re: Why is "s-CRY-ed" spelled the way it is?

Posted: Dec 19, 2005 2:52am
by vampirelord
J.Kudo wrote:Well to Disect it Scryed would mean invisiond through somone else's eyes at a distance (His sister Scrys through him) - CRY has a connectino to the emotional effects that the Alters deal with, not sure about the rest though...

well kudos quite right i think the series is name scryed bcuz of kanamis alter.if im rigth there an ability that let u see other ppl the abilitys name is scrying but i dont know why it is separated mayb kudos right.

re: Why is "s-CRY-ed" spelled the way it is?

Posted: Dec 25, 2005 12:12pm
by OniKira
better yet, hows it pronounced? is is skried? or skryed

re: Why is "s-CRY-ed" spelled the way it is?

Posted: Dec 29, 2005 6:57pm
by Kanami Yuta
in the episodes ive seen kazuma always leaves kanami and you know.....does stuff that i cant remember

Re: Why is "s-CRY-ed" spelled the way it is?

Posted: Aug 28, 2006 10:24am
by Haru the Blood Storm
heres a discription of the word s-cry-ed
s-CRY-ed - Although not mentioned in the anime, in the manga, it's the "word of evolution" used to achieve an Alter's final form (the armored form) where Alters and their Users can fuse together to become an even more powerful being. In the anime, Ryuho and Kazuma are the only characters to achieve this form. Some would argue that Zigmar and Cougar also achieved this, but in their cases, they were both refined and that their Alters can take different shapes rather than upgrade themselves like Ryuho and Kazuma did using their own wills to achieve it. The word itself is only used as a catalyst in the manga. :mrgreen:

Re: Why is "s-CRY-ed" spelled the way it is?

Posted: Aug 29, 2006 5:47pm
by Dark Wing
haru_the_storm wrote:heres a discription of the word s-cry-ed
s-CRY-ed - Although not mentioned in the anime, in the manga, it's the "word of evolution" used to achieve an Alter's final form (the armored form) where Alters and their Users can fuse together to become an even more powerful being. In the anime, Ryuho and Kazuma are the only characters to achieve this form. Some would argue that Zigmar and Cougar also achieved this, but in their cases, they were both refined and that their Alters can take different shapes rather than upgrade themselves like Ryuho and Kazuma did using their own wills to achieve it. The word itself is only used as a catalyst in the manga. :mrgreen:


wow you must have done your research really well. I mean You actually know what your talking about...Lets be friends :mrgreen: