12%
No Opinion.
5%

Total votes: 58

Captain Jack Sparrow
Absolute Otaku

My Moderator Application: Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Captain Jack Sparrow »

Hello everyone. You all know me as Captain Jack Sparrow and I want to become a moderator for the following reasons:

I have been a member of absoluteanime for a decent amount of time and I know my way around the website.

I am the kind of person that is approachable, that will talk to someone about almost anything and form friendships with newly met people.

No one is above or below anyone and every user should be treated the same way with respect and kindness at the same time.

I recently returned to the website and anime forums and have decided to become active when visiting here.

I will use proper grammar when posting or chatting.

I would see to that what is right is right and what is wrong is wrong.

I will settle any debacle or disputes between users if it gets out of hand.

I would gladly help anyone with any of their doubts or problems in the anime forums.

I realize (And have no problem with it), That I will lose some of my privilages.

I understand and will fullfill to be more caring and respectful towards all the users.

I will behave well to set a good example for the site.

I'd happily welcome new users when he or she arrives to the website or anime forums.

I am not perfect. Just because I am a moderator does not mean I am always right. I admit that ive made mistakes just like anybody else but from what I do wrong, I learn how to improve.

I will take all the advice and suggestions with the upmost respect from any moderator and improve my way of being a moderator.

Whatever opinion or comment you have about me or about the way if I have been acting out of hand as a moderator in any way I will gladly take full responsibility for it not taking it personal and apologize for my actions.

Finally, when you vote, I would gladly listen to the reason why you chose to vote that opinion, do not hold anything back. I would happily accept any of your comments regarding this moderator application with a calm, positive attitude and with my full respect.

Edit: I edited the application thanks to Kida's, Poetic & Veramocor's suggestions and a couple of times after that because I had found typos in my writing.
Last edited by Captain Jack Sparrow on Nov 29, 2007 5:57pm, edited 6 times in total.
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) Lance-Corporal 兵長 Heichō
Cherry Darling is my awesome AA Sister :pirate:
Mew Vanilla's Personal Bodyguard :]
Bambi = My Pimp >:P Biki and Hikaru. = My Wives ;D
Zack Attack is my Puerto Rican brutha 8)
Jasse
Dragon Master Otaku

Re: My Moderator Application: Captian Jack Sparrow

Post by Jasse »

Uhm looks like I go first, so here goes and oh yeah, sorry if alot of it just becomes a bit like jokes and something like that, that's just me in a nutshell.

Well the first thing I noticed isn't really important but it made me laugh at your application and you shouldn't make that kind of impression so this you could edit. I'm talking about this: "I want to become moderator because of following reasons: I'm 17, I've been a member for long, because everyone is equal" and so on. You see? The question that popped up in my head was "So what, when you're like 17 you have this I-want-to-be-mod period or what?" But yeah I'm sure you get what I mean, right? Just edit and make it look better ;) (Boy you're lucky to get some advice from the best user on AA and I'm in a happy mood too!).

Let's go trough everything then...Your age is first. Well I for one don't really care about age as long as you act mature and think mature. If you've been here for this long then maybe you remember that we had a moderator that I think was 12, not sure. So no need to prove to us that you're 17, but thanks for sharing :)

It's good that you've been a member here for quite some time, even though AA can change in a glimpse but still, 2 years is probably enough experience in most eyes.

About every user being equal and so, I just don't see why people who want to be moderators and moderators themselves say this. This is bullshit actually. Because inside you, I doubt you see some flamewar-starting jackass the same way you see your best friend on AA, and probably won't even treat them the same. Maybe you will in front of others, but not behind the scenes. That's how it is for everyone. You should edit and type something like "I will treat users just the right way" or something :lol: Because the right way isn't always following the guidelines.

Welcome back is my answer to your next piece of info. :wink:

It's good that you would see things to become right (just don't be to stiff ;) then you get hated, lol, not just among users). But about the thing that you would report to your problems to your superiors...Omg, take that away before Ken declines you as moderator. He's the only one I could really call as my superior and uhm, his inbox is always overfull and you sending him a bunch of PMs wouldn't make his day :lol:

This about disputes, you WILL settle them if they get out of hand but if it's just small disputes, you usually let them roll and try to let people solve it themselves.

It's good that you want to help everyone with their shizz on the website but when people come with technical problems you should just give up and send them off to that section which I always forget the name of (lol) and tell them to make a thread about it.

You lose no privilages at all become a moderator, I act as I have always done, I fock around with people still just that I have some skillz and don't get kicked out 8)

Be more understanding and caring to users instead, I think that would be more appreciated (caring sounds so gay but what the hell, it sounded right to type).

Setting a good example for the site is having fun and enjoying it, not being a tight arse, remember that ;)

I doubt you'll want to welcome and help all new members of AA after a few days of doing it, then you realise how many there is.

Tch, moderators SHOULD be perfect and the best and never have wrong, but due to recently bad opinions of who get's to become a moderator we get alot of people who are not :( I'm da bomb though 8)

Well that's good, if you ever become one than I might take you on as my apprentice, you should feel really honored, you might get famous.

Everybody takes it personal when it crosses your line, just make sure to shake hands and apologize after you have realised it.

I'm not voting yet, it takes alot for me to vote a "Yes" and very little for me to vote a "No" but right now I'll be waiting until the application improves.

There you go! You've just gotten advice from the greatest moderator trough AA's history! Feel proud, suck in the knowledge and start making your application into a masterpiece \:D/ If you ever are wondering anything about moderation or applications, feel free to ask. I've become moderator more than 5 times (I think, lol) 8)

Cao!
Dick Nasty wrote:DickSandwich
Jesus Christ wrote:ur a mastermind
Gaming Goddess wrote:I know, I know. I'm just messing. You've always been able to please me sexually Jasse
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

I must agree with KiDA, read his advice, and read it carefully. I choose not to vote either, because, no doubt you'd be a good moderator, and your application is superior, but.. you're coming across the wrong way.

Take KiDA's suggestions, then I'll check back in. Ok?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Knight in Dark Armour wrote:Tch, moderators SHOULD be perfect and the best and never have wrong, but due to recently bad opinions of who get's to become a moderator we get alot of people who are not I'm da bomb though
Referring to me, aren't you? :(
Last edited by Hardcore on Oct 25, 2007 12:03pm, edited 1 time in total.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
Hallow
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hallow »

You don't have to be so hard on the guy.
When life gives you lemons you make lemonade, but I say "LEMONS! Screw you life I want some freaking cherries."
I AM CANADIAN
[divinephoenix is my sexy genie]
This sig is owned by [L is my only letter]... She's also my sexy cat girl.
Jasse
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Jasse »

Omega wrote:You don't have to be so hard on the guy.
Giving advice is being nice, he asked for it himself and I doubt he'll mind?
Dick Nasty wrote:DickSandwich
Jesus Christ wrote:ur a mastermind
Gaming Goddess wrote:I know, I know. I'm just messing. You've always been able to please me sexually Jasse
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

I agree with what KiDA said, and you should definitely add more about yourself and why you would benefit AA more as a moderator than as a user. You should also talk about your best qualities and how they would benefit you as a moderator, thats what normally convinces people who are on the edge :/

Also, KiDA should edit his post to say second greatest mod in AA history. Because the greatest has already been filled :pirate:
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Captain Jack Sparrow
Absolute Otaku

Omega wrote:You don't have to be so hard on the guy.
He wasn't, he was just trying to help Omega, but your concerns are appreciated. :)
Knight In Dark Armour wrote:Giving advice is being nice, he asked for it himself and I doubt he'll mind?
It wasn't bad, not one single word. Actually, I don't mind. In fact, Thanks alot for the advice (My compliments to Forsaken and Jim too).

It actually helped me improve my moderator application. :D
[Batman]

Post by [Batman] »

Well well, Jack. I see you've made a mod application. =]

KiDa has it down, but I know you'll fix it, and it'll be all nice and sparkely and such.
I'm almost certain you'll make a fantastic mod.
I vote yes.
:D
:]
Sam (Nelly) is my friggen shweet wife.
"Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling."
batman? mod? what?
Captain Jack Sparrow
Absolute Otaku

Thanks. :)
divinephoenix
Absolute Otaku

Post by divinephoenix »

I voted yes, i sometimes see your post around the sight and I haven't yet seen any of his post uhh...bad or anything of the kind. i also think that he's sociable and can easily be approached.
Please check out my Mod App
See my Drawings ^_^
Hallow Ichigo is my Master and I am his genie ^^
Captain Jack Sparrow
Absolute Otaku

Thanks for the post Divinepheonix, I appreciate it. :D
divinephoenix
Absolute Otaku

Post by divinephoenix »

No problem Captain Jack Sparrow.

This is for the betterment of the forum after all.

Do your best!
Please check out my Mod App
See my Drawings ^_^
Hallow Ichigo is my Master and I am his genie ^^
The Evil Russell Crowe
Uber Otaku

Post by The Evil Russell Crowe »

You're mature and well spoken, and you've broken up several fights so you'd be a good mod in my eyes.
I see a little silhouetto of a man...
Mik3

Post by Mik3 »

I have met you and you are a great person, more than qualified for the position. A yes from me and I hope you get the job.
I remembered my password.
Captain Jack Sparrow
Absolute Otaku

Wow thanks guys :)
Raoul Duke
Absolute Otaku

Post by Raoul Duke »

I think that you would be perfect for the job. Of all the pending applications I believe yours to be the best and with greatest merit.