My Moderator Application: scorpionwarrior

Do you think I would make a good moderator?

Yes you would
74%
No you wouldn't
18%
No opinion
8%

Total votes: 74

scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

My Moderator Application: scorpionwarrior

Post by scorpionwarrior »

Hi, I am Mat. I am 19 so I am in the wanted age for a moderator.

Reasons I believe I would make a good moderator:

1. I do not swear or use inappropriate behaviour, have never had to be warned and respect everyone.

2. I am on here everyday and follow the rules. And that also means if people need something that they can always ask me as I am more than willing to help. And Also means I am easily contactable as people can contact me here and on MSN or AIM as I am pretty much always on them (MSN I may appear offline at times)

3. I get along with mostly everyone. That doesn't mean those that I don't get along with I would treat any different. I believe in fairness always.

4. I don't get angry easy and don't take offense to much either, therefore I can keep a cool head.

5. I am in the chat a fair amount, so I could help keep offensive behaviour there to a minimum.

6. My spelling and grammar is a lot better now.

7. I like to help people and give advice when and if I can.

8. I notice things some of the mods do not. And I'd like to help out by fixing what I see, instead of always having to show a mod thus also helping them out.

9. I know most of the mods and respect them so I could work with them well too

(edit:
I will warn users when stuff gets out of hand or if inappropriate behavior is being used, while I know some users like to "cuss" too much is well too much.

Punishment would be 3 warnings as usual, maybe a gag if it's that bad. If people have a problem with each other and becomes a problem for the chat, I would make another room, bring them there and get them to sort it out while making sure all is fair (because sometimes problems need to be fixed before they escalate).

And well I'm on a lot more than most people so I could benefit AA that way and I also know a lot of people here.)

That should be all for now. Also if I became a moderator it would not change who I am so please don't say you would not want me as a moderator cause most people don't like them.

(I'd also like to point out that I've become a much more confident person since I posted this, not only in my own abilities but also confronting people on issues that I believe should be solved rather than carried on.)
Last edited by scorpionwarrior on Oct 16, 2008 4:28am, edited 15 times in total.
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Re: My Moderator Application: scorpionwarrior

Post by Hardcore »

I want more, MORE MORE MORE! :x

Why do you want to be a moderator for this site/
Whats your policy, punishment wise (chat)?
When will you warn users?
Why should we make you a moderator?
What will you do to benefit the site of Absolute Anime?
(if any of the above questions were answered, I apologize. Edit it, then notify me)
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Fixed, sorry some stuff I forgot, but I believe I have answered as to why I want to be a moderator and why I should be made one.
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Demyx
Visitor

Post by Demyx »

Okay, yeah, your spelling is decent... But where's the punctuation?! I only see periods at the end of a FEW of the sentences.

And about ages... Does it matter what age you are as long as you can get the job done? I respect that you are older, but if one person was chosen over another strictly because of age, even though the younger person might possibly do a better job, is that fair? I didn't see anything about age when looking through the how to submit a mod app part.

And, last but not least, are you only in the chat? That's where I see you usually, and that's all fine and good, but can you put some of the other places in the forum you go?
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

I believe I have used good punctuation apart from number 6 >.<.

With ages, it says you must be at least 13 to be a moderator, here's the link: http://www.absoluteanime.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4099.

And I am often posting in Mindless chit chat, music and off topic and post stuff in the talent section every now and then.

Demyx
Visitor

Post by Demyx »

Okay, that age thing was just something I wanted to ask about. I realized there was a youth limit, I just was bothered by the fact that most mod apps open up with, "Hi, my name is Why-Do-I-Care and I'm BLAH years old."

I'm just wondering, but this is a forum site, and you've been on for a year now. How do you only have 279 posts? I mean, is that really all you post in? Was there a time in that year where you didn't get on much? I'm just saying that for a year, 279 posts seems just a tad bit inactive.

Lastly: You're punctuation and grammar are ATROCIOUS! You're spellings fine, but then, your words aren't very big neither. Let's test this, shall we?

Your sentence:
"And I am often posting in Mindless chit chat, music and off topic and post stuff in the talent section every now and then."

Correct Statement:
"And I often post in the Mindless Chit-Chat, Music, and Off-Topic areas. I also post stuff in the Talent section every now and then."
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Yeah I lost my Internet for about 8 months, so that would explain my low post count. But, I'll try and use proper Punctuation from now on.

SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Alright, You made a mistake dude.

You referenced me. BLAM!
You didn't capitalize my name. BLAM!
You said I was "kind". BLAM!
BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!

Three strikes, Its a no.

Nah, joking. I appreciate the reference, but, yeah. Icky.

Anyways, whether your punctuation really is messed up, or literary skills are not your strong suite. That aside though, I have to say no opinion. I wont say No, because, you haven't really screwed up too much. I wont say yes, because, Honestly, I don't think you have enough experience on AA. You yourself said that you lost the net for 8 months. That makes your span of time being on the site, only 4 months. Your post count is low as heck true, but that doesn't matter really. What I don't like about that though, is that you seem to mainly post in the mindless area, and stuff. If you wanna be a mod, you gotta go through more than just your favorite forums.

Also, you said you get along with everybody. That won't happen anymore. Once you become a Mod, there is a group of users that will hate you. No matter what you do. Thats just how it is. You can't please everyone. That means you need to have a good sense for justice, and rule following.

Not bashing you dude, those are just my reasons. Take what you will from them.

*Disappears*
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

I said About 8 months, I may be exaggerating there cause that was when I lost my net, but I still came on while I was at TAFE, till they blocked it. So I haven't been on about 5 months probably less. I didn't say you were kind, i said you "kindly put it". I am starting to post in everything, but most things that i can answer for people in Help sections are already answered, so there's no real point. I understand that there are people that dislike Mods but i am easy to get along with and can take criticism's of any kind.

SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

meh, I still stand by my opinion. Just dun think its for you yet.
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

SASSZAIN wrote:meh, I still stand by my opinion. Just dun think its for you yet.
I understand, but thanks for the advice, it helps alot more than no advice, XD

divinephoenix
Absolute Otaku

Post by divinephoenix »

I'm not voting right now.

Yes, I know that you are active in chat but to be a good mod you don't have to only limit yourself to one place.

I won't take as your inactivity for a few months as a minus point but your post count is a factor I see, that may bring you down because you mostly post in Mindless Chitchat and most of those put all together are "game" kind of threads. You should be more open and explore the site even more.

Though you know a lot of people, that still isn't enough. What we are after is if they or we think that you'll be a great mod for our forum.

That's all I have to say for now.

Don't be disappointed or anything. This is just for now and just my opinion. Just improve yourself on the flaws people have stated and I think it'll soon be ok.
Please check out my Mod App
See my Drawings ^_^
Hallow Ichigo is my Master and I am his genie ^^
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Point taken. I have been posting in all other sections, but normally I post when others aren't on. So that's probably why you don't notice, well in the help sections and anime anyway. But i will definetly try and be more active in other sections more often.

Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku

Post by Commander Sparx »

scorpionwarrior wrote:Hi, I am Mat. I am 19 so I am in the wanted age for a moderator.

Reasons i believe i would make a good moderator:

1. I do not swear or use inappropriate behavior, have never had to be warned and respect everyone.
2. I am on here everyday and follow the rules.

3. I get along with everyone.

4. I don't get angry easy and don't take offense to much either, therefore i can keep a cool head.

5. I am in the chat alot, so i could help keep offensive behavior there to a minimum.

6. My spelling is good

(edit
I will warn users when stuff gets out of hand or if inappropriate behavior
is being used, while I know some users like to "cuss" too much is well too much.

Punishment would be as Sasszain kindly puts it Gag or ban them for a little while.

And well I'm alotmore than most people so i could benefit AA that way and I also know alot of people here.)

That should be all for now. Also if i became a moderator it would not change who i am so please don't say you would not want me as a moderator cause most people don't like them.
Everything in Red are spelling mistakes, You missed some on the punctuation, but in my belief that does not matter it’s all about if you can spell the words right. People can still understand what you are saying.

1 That’s good that you do not swear a member user or other Moderators and Admin’s wouldn’t like a member of authority swearing. But what would your punishment be for someone who swears too much? What if they do not wish to listen to you?

2 you have been here for the past three or so days but you have been badly inactive since your internet was lost. Maybe if you showed a few people that you are not inactive to prove your point then maybe I would consider ‘I am on here every day’ a fact.

And as for you following the rules I would agree with you on that one, you do follow the rules, if not you’d have a warning by now and maybe a small reputation for not being liked as for some of the spammers on this forum. But how strong would you be against these rules if you were pressured in some way to not follow them?

3 I have been watching you around this forum to see how much a good moderator I think you would be, and I notice you do get along with allot of the people here that’s a good thing. When someone has flamed you in any way to act if it is not there, I just hope you don’t have a soft spot for a certain word like I do. But what why would you want to be a Moderator for this forum? What good would you think it would do?

4 this one goes with number three you seem to keep a cool head when people where flaming your art, and to be a good moderator you must be able to take that you are wrong in a situation which involves you as the problem, or with one user was to start flaming your skills (I have seen this happen quite a bit in these particular forums.) what would your answer to tackle the problem and how you would carry it out? How would you warn the users?

5 There was a problem before with not enough Moderators in the chat, and I have seen you in the chat regularly, how would you deal with a problem in the chat? Such as a flame war between two or more people, if the discussion was about racism which is a hard one to sort out at points what would you do?

6 Your spelling is better than mine I would give you that, I just use word to make it better, (But who cares what I have to say about myself anyway, lol). Just read your post over just in case, as you can see I picked out two words in which you spelt wrong quite a few times though out the post.

A few more notes:

If you do become a Moderator what would you change?
Also there is a certain group of people on this forum who do not like Moderators that much, how would you deal with them?

Also I wish you best of luck, I will vote soon if I can see you in prove a little. I do not vote ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ because I believe you can do better.
Commander Sparx from Planet Delta First commando of the Central base, Long live the Sliver Blades!
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Ok, with Behaviour, the spell check corrected me. With alot, I must have had a stupid teacher cause that's how i was taught. I have learned not to trust Spell check all the time XD.

I can say right now that I will NOT be pressured into not following the rules. I have rules for my sites and i know how annoying it is when someone doesn't follow them.

1. With swearing too much, I haven't seen much around the forums but if I did, I would warn and if it didn't work, try and get some help from a more experienced moderator.

2. Will do.

3. I don't have any soft spots and if I did I would ignore it. In the chat I have noticed some people not being warned for bad behaviour, I want to stop that as it's causing some people to leave and it would stop people sending reports to the webmaster as i would be there to deal with it. In the forum I check all kinds of threads (even if I don't post in them) So i would be able to see if there is inappropriate behaviour going on.

4. Well this one is hard, but I would watch the topic to see if the person who made it has a problem with it and if they do I would warn the flamer/user. If it didn't work, I would do the same as in number 1 to help.

5. Yes it is a hard one. I would try and calmly stop it by warning them to stop it and if it didn't work, then maybe boot the main causer for a little while, just till they're cooled down (even if it has to be any mates).

I don't think i could change much, but because I am on more often than most people I could stop threads and bad behaviour whenever I'm on.
I don't care about the people who dislike moderators, honestly I don't/won't let my feelings get the better of me.

Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku

Post by Commander Sparx »

Hay,thats pretty good, i vote 'Yes', :mrgreen: .
Commander Sparx from Planet Delta First commando of the Central base, Long live the Sliver Blades!