My Moderator Application: scorpionwarrior

Do you think I would make a good moderator?

Yes you would
74%
No you wouldn't
18%
No opinion
8%

Total votes: 74

Jasse
Dragon Master Otaku

Re: My Moderator Application: scorpionwarrior

Post by Jasse »

bietch
Dick Nasty wrote:DickSandwich
Jesus Christ wrote:ur a mastermind
Gaming Goddess wrote:I know, I know. I'm just messing. You've always been able to please me sexually Jasse
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

You rang?
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
Jasse
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Jasse »

Cyber?
Dick Nasty wrote:DickSandwich
Jesus Christ wrote:ur a mastermind
Gaming Goddess wrote:I know, I know. I'm just messing. You've always been able to please me sexually Jasse
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Post by scorpionwarrior »

Too late Jasse, 8) XD
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

You lack personality and flavor, and you're way too spineless for my taste.

So I'm thinking no, but I haven't decided yet.

Then again, Athos turned out fine, so I could be wrong.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku

Post by Commander Sparx »

Well, this one started more or less the same time has Athos’s and Jade’s application, and they got picked, because this one is still going it means that Ken still has to decide.
Commander Sparx from Planet Delta First commando of the Central base, Long live the Sliver Blades!
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

I wish to know why you think I am spineless Penny. Is it because I avoid fights instead of joining in or don't fight back at insults that are used at me?
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Avoiding confrontations isn't always the best way to deal with them because some confrontations are inevitably unavoidable.

If you spend your time avoiding them all the time how do you expect to deal with them as a mod?

Not that it's a tough cookie job, but you seem like too much of a pushover, but hell I'd love for you to prove me wrong :D
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Jade_Steel_Hawk

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

I'm a tough cookie.
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
divinephoenix
Absolute Otaku

Post by divinephoenix »

Pennyroyal Tea wrote: Avoiding confrontations isn't always the best way to deal with them because some confrontations are inevitably unavoidable.

If you spend your time avoiding them all the time how do you expect to deal with them as a mod?

Not that it's a tough cookie job, but you seem like too much of a pushover, but hell I'd love for you to prove me wrong :D
Yup, I've him in action before 8)
Please check out my Mod App
See my Drawings ^_^
Hallow Ichigo is my Master and I am his genie ^^
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Main reason for me wouldn't say avoiding but staying out of these confrontations is usually because I know when they'll get locked, etc. But I mainly only participate in Debates, like the one about The old TV shows I posted (when me and Josh were Debating what it was actually about).

So I don't always avoid confrontations, only when I feel the need to prove a point and it's not flaming or against any other rules (also I posted yes in Josh's ban thread, that should be enough there to prove that I don't avoid confrontations all the time XD)

jake
Baka Otaku

Post by jake »

i estimate that around 95% of the time people 'confront' people about certain issues on the boards that they are merely perpetuating the problem. The Aiden issue is a prime example, she 'confronted' those that harass her multiple times, trying different things - and just about every time it only resulted in more people harassing her, prolonging the bullying. It was only until the captain of the j dogs (who was a main participant in the bullying) took a stand against bullying her that the harassment died down. Jesus obviously still an influential figure.

all that aside im sure if scorpionwarrior was a moderator he wouldn't hesitate to dish out warnings where they are due, report bad conduct in mod discussions, lock threads which have resorted to flinging insults, move threads which have been placed in the wrong forums, and all the other duties of moderating these forums.

I'm sure that scorpionwarrior would make an effective and efficient moderator.
j dogs for life
Trishina
Absolute Otaku

Post by Trishina »

I've known scorpie since he came in here he's a good guy he really is.Okay you might say that trishie is being too soft with this because it is her friend or what (I'm not that bias) but I also got critiques in here. I was not that pleased with the app. it's obviously lacking some important points. Future plans, suggestions, and stuff like that. Still I voted yes I trust him he's a funny person and as he said a good friend for me that is enough.
They say"practice makes perfect" but "nobody is perfect" so why practice.
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Thanks Trish and Jake.

I have Improved a bit since I posted this app (in a good way of course)

Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku

Post by Commander Sparx »

The thing with Mods is that some can to too harsh and some are too soft. You have to get it just right for the type of forum. I think scorpionwarrior is the type in which is advice giving, so if there is a situation he will deal with it calmly since noting seems to get to him so easily.
Commander Sparx from Planet Delta First commando of the Central base, Long live the Sliver Blades!
jake
Baka Otaku

Post by jake »

i like how scorp doesn't hold grudges. ive given him a hard time before and im suprised he can still be so friendly.
j dogs for life