My Moderation Application: Athos

Would I Make a Good Moderator?

Yes, you would
24
89%
No, you wouldn't
3
11%
No Opinion
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 27

User avatar
Athos
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7625
Joined: Feb 17, 2006 7:10pm
Gender: Male
Location: U.S.

My Moderation Application: Athos

Post by Athos »

I, Athos, am running for a position as a Moderator because it has come to my attention that Absolute Anime is in need of a different kind of Moderator, one that can provide leadership and help maintain order throughout the forums and threads.

I have been a member of this site for approximately two years. Since joining, I have never spammed, nor have I ever been banned or suspended from this site. I will admit that I have argued back with some users in the past, and simply, there is nothing I can really say to justify my reactions.

I also want to make it clear that if I were to become a Moderator, that it is a serious and delicate task. To me, being a Moderator means being the Webmaster's assistant in enforcing the rules of this site, and to warn members of their conducts. In addition, in becoming a Moderator, I understand that it will mean to choose to do the right thing in any given situation, even if it means making some friends angry.

Furthermore, I also understand that I were to become a Moderator, that I would loose the so-called 'privilege' of spamming, arguing, etc...In my eyes, these are not privileged. No where in the rules does it say that a user is entitled to do such actions, rather, they are prohibited.

Finally, I am also able to work with people in a consistent and professional matter. I know that some of you might disagree to the above statement. However, in my defense, no one here has seen me in a professional capacity. I work with a variety of personalities in the past few years, as being an public servant, a cadet commander, and a customer service clerk.

I hope that you will find me fit to become a Moderator. If you have any questions, please post your questions here, or feel free to PM me, and I will answer your questions as soon as I can.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2470
Joined: Jan 30, 2007 8:10pm
Gender: Male
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: My Moderation Application: Athos

Post by scorpionwarrior »

I say yes. Your Mod app is done very good with no spelling mistakes and proper grammar used. I also know that you would follow the rules and that you would do what it takes to enforce them.
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27
Boredcrazy
Master Otaku
Posts: 70
Joined: Mar 12, 2007 10:56pm
Gender: Female
Location: Online collaborative art sites. Draw with me!

Re: My Moderation Application: Athos

Post by Boredcrazy »

I vote yes, absolutely! We can do with a proper Mod anyway...>.> Err, I'm not saying that the other Moderators are...ummm...I think you people get the point ^_^;
This place still exists, guys. I'm kind of impressed. Feel free to ask for my Discord.
Zabo
Mobile Suit Otaku
Posts: 113
Joined: Jan 09, 2008 3:38am
Gender: Male
Location: Depends..
Contact:

Re: My Moderation Application: Athos

Post by Zabo »

In the event of the need of a replacement Mod, I'd say that you seem to be mature enough to take on the task. Also, real life work as a customer service clerk (and all the s**tstorm stuff that comes with it) is more or less an equivalent of being a mod here. Also, your conduct in Chat seems to be quite sound, and you are quite friendly and fair to most members.

So in the end, though I don't know you very well; I will say that I vote yes on your mod application with enthusiasm.
User avatar
Athos
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7625
Joined: Feb 17, 2006 7:10pm
Gender: Male
Location: U.S.

Re: My Moderation Application: Athos

Post by Athos »

I thank you very much for your comments.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
Jade_Steel_Hawk
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1578
Joined: Jul 14, 2005 8:12pm
Gender: Female

Re: My Moderation Application: Athos

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

I'm not voting yet.
You seem intelligent enough and all, but you've only recently come back.
You also seem stiff. I'm not sure how else to explain it. :?
After you're here for a bit longer I'll vote...I don't have much other than this application to base my opinion on.
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
User avatar
Dretlin
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2898
Joined: Oct 29, 2004 8:00am
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Re: My Moderation Application: Athos

Post by Dretlin »

Based on your app I would say yes. I believe you will do a good job.

I however always hold new mods under alot of scrutiny.
User avatar
Athos
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7625
Joined: Feb 17, 2006 7:10pm
Gender: Male
Location: U.S.

Re: My Moderation Application: Athos

Post by Athos »

+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:Based on your app I would say yes. I believe you will do a good job.

I however always hold new mods under alot of scrutiny.
All I need is the chance to prove myself. Besides, even if I did become a mod, I would still have some stuff to learn.
Jade_Steel_Hawk wrote:I'm not voting yet.
You seem intelligent enough and all, but you've only recently come back.
You also seem stiff. I'm not sure how else to explain it. :?
After you're here for a bit longer I'll vote...I don't have much other than this application to base my opinion on.
Well, I'll be a bit more clear. I only left the forums, and yes, I recently came back. I left the forums because I was expecting a commission. And the commission didn't go through so that is why I have came back. And as to being stiff, well, like you say, just give it some time.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1834
Joined: Jan 07, 2007 11:26am
Gender: Female
Location: Planet Delta

Re: My Moderation Application: Athos

Post by Commander Sparx »

Well Athos I think you will be a remarkable, maybe as good at Dre. I can give reason on why I vote ‘yes’ but I’m a little tried at the moment. But rest assure there are many reason why voted ‘Yes’.

However, I have one quick note; you need to become more active if you wish to succeed in becoming a great Moderator. Also I heard that you were going to leave the forum and only be part of the Chat. What does this comply?
Commander Sparx from Planet Delta First commando of the Central base, Long live the Sliver Blades!
Hallow
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3423
Joined: May 31, 2005 12:41pm
Gender: Male
Location: The Enchanted Lands

Re: My Moderation Application: Athos

Post by Hallow »

Boredcrazy wrote:I vote yes, absolutely! We can do with a proper Mod anyway...>.> Err, I'm not saying that the other Moderators are...ummm...I think you people get the point ^_^;
I agree with this. The mods are getting lax in their duties. You have a yes from me.
When life gives you lemons you make lemonade, but I say "LEMONS! Screw you life I want some freaking cherries."
I AM CANADIAN
[divinephoenix is my sexy genie]
This sig is owned by [L is my only letter]... She's also my sexy cat girl.
User avatar
Athos
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7625
Joined: Feb 17, 2006 7:10pm
Gender: Male
Location: U.S.

Re: My Moderation Application: Athos

Post by Athos »

Commander Sparx wrote:Well Athos I think you will be a remarkable, maybe as good at Dre. I can give reason on why I vote ‘yes’ but I’m a little tried at the moment. But rest assure there are many reason why voted ‘Yes’.

However, I have one quick note; you need to become more active if you wish to succeed in becoming a great Moderator. Also I heard that you were going to leave the forum and only be part of the Chat. What does this comply?
I'm not sure I understand your question entirely. But I'll do my best to answer it.

I decided to leave the forums simply because the ones I was involved with seemed to die. However, the chief reason I decided to leave was because I was expected to be commissioned into the Juvenile Justice Commission. However, I wasn't commissioned.

I stuck to the chat however because I became addicted to it to say the least. I made more friends on there, and we met pretty regularly, as opposed to the forums where for some threads, it took me a while to read some pages.

Also, I'll let it be known that it is my intent to become more active on the forums.

Finally, a few months ago there were some matters of local concern which required my assistance.
However, I am now available, and I was not, I would not have made an effort to create this application.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1834
Joined: Jan 07, 2007 11:26am
Gender: Female
Location: Planet Delta

Re: My Moderation Application: Athos

Post by Commander Sparx »

Athos wrote:
Commander Sparx wrote:Well Athos I think you will be a remarkable, maybe as good at Dre. I can give reason on why I vote ‘yes’ but I’m a little tried at the moment. But rest assure there are many reason why voted ‘Yes’.

However, I have one quick note; you need to become more active if you wish to succeed in becoming a great Moderator. Also I heard that you were going to leave the forum and only be a part of the Chat. What does this comply?
I'm not sure I understand your question entirely. But I'll do my best to answer it.

I decided to leave the forums simply because the ones I was involved with seemed to die. However, the chief reason I decided to leave was because I was expected to be commissioned into the Juvenile Justice Commission. However, I wasn't commissioned.

I stuck to the chat however because I became addicted to it to say the least. I made more friends on there, and we met pretty regularly, as opposed to the forums where for some threads, it took me a while to read some pages.

Also, I'll let it be known that it is my intent to become more active on the forums.

Finally, a few months ago there were some matters of local concern which required my assistance.
However, I am now available, and I was not, I would not have made an effort to create this application.
I see and a well done to you, you complyed well, :mrgreen: .

I wish you the best of luck. However it seems you are to good for luck from the looks of the votes.
Commander Sparx from Planet Delta First commando of the Central base, Long live the Sliver Blades!
User avatar
Athos
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7625
Joined: Feb 17, 2006 7:10pm
Gender: Male
Location: U.S.

Re: My Moderation Application: Athos

Post by Athos »

Thank you.
And I realized I made a typo.

For the record, I meant to say, "However, I am now available, and if I was not, I would not have made an effort to create this application."
Member of the ModSquad 8)
Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1834
Joined: Jan 07, 2007 11:26am
Gender: Female
Location: Planet Delta

Re: My Moderation Application: Athos

Post by Commander Sparx »

Youe Welcome!

Oh and it's good you notice very small mistakes.
Commander Sparx from Planet Delta First commando of the Central base, Long live the Sliver Blades!
User avatar
Athos
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7625
Joined: Feb 17, 2006 7:10pm
Gender: Male
Location: U.S.

Re: My Moderation Application: Athos

Post by Athos »

Commander Sparx wrote:Youe Welcome!

Oh and it's good you notice very small mistakes.

Well, for most of my working life (which is almost a year) my jobs have required me to be attentive and act in a professional manner (especially working for the government).
Member of the ModSquad 8)
Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1834
Joined: Jan 07, 2007 11:26am
Gender: Female
Location: Planet Delta

Re: My Moderation Application: Athos

Post by Commander Sparx »

I see, and then you'll find it easy to be a Moderator.
Commander Sparx from Planet Delta First commando of the Central base, Long live the Sliver Blades!
Post Reply