My Moderator Application:kara

Do you belive I would be a good moderator?

1.Yes I belive u would be a good moderator.
13%
2.No,I do not belive you would be a good moderator.
69%
3.You have some good moderator qualitys,however need to work on others.
19%

Total votes: 16

kara
Baka Otaku

My Moderator Application:kara

Post by kara »

Why do I belive I should be a moderator?Because I did once disobay the rules,I will admit that,however,I have tryed very hard to get better at obaying the rules and getting along with others.I,and many other people on AA have come to belive that alot of the old moderators have not been doing their jobs and are also banning people for no reason(serten ones that have not been on mostly).I on the other hand will only ban if nesicary,for example,some one is in a disagrement with some one I will first warn them,if thay do not listen that is the time that I will ban that person.You are most likely wondering what i would do to make AA a better place,right?Well to start with i would warn before i would ban,also i would be sure that people know not to swear on AA because there are little kids such as the age of 11 and younger on this site and i do not belive that parents would like their child reading swear words.Those are only some of the reasons I would be a somewhat good moderator at the most(and yes I admit I am not the best speller but I do try).

Thank you for taking your time,
kara
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Re: My Moderator Application:kara

Post by Tyche »

I vote "no opinion" for now.

*You have a low post count (so you're not active in the forums, though I will admit you are often in the chat. Raise your posts and I will be more likely to vote for you.)

*Your grammar/spelling/overall writing layout is confusing. (work on puctuation and make paragraphs)

*Your reasons are few and not the greatest: Include things you could change/enforce (you only said swearing and attempts at stopping arguments; btw, a few swears such as "hell" and "damn" are allowed in moderation.)

*You don't seem to know much about being a moderator (I'm fairly certian they can only lock topics/move topics/delete posts, not ban people/delete topics themselves. Only Ken can do that.)

*You didn't include your age (which is easier for us than checking your profile, which I've yet to check.) Edit, your profile doesn't say your age either, so you need to include it in your application.

Fix these things, and I may change my vote.

Oh, and this really had nothing to do with the way I voted, but;

Your options should be:

Yes, you would.
No, you wouldn't.
No opinion.

That is all.

*~Tyche
"Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

"If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. You want to change the world? There's nothing to it."
josh :)
Uber Otaku

Post by josh :) »

I say know becoz u disobayed the rules and i am sertain u aint two intalygent. u hevant posted much on the boreds and dunno how to use spellchecks. u failed to follow some basic gide lines as tyche pointed out, and i reeli dont think its necisary that u b a mods becoz their r some other applicunts who i belive are much better
My Facebook Profile Add me as a friend if you want :)
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Post by scorpionwarrior »

I'm gonna have to say no. Seem like a nice person but Spelling and grammar are a vital part of being a mod as well as attention to the forums.
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27
Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

No. Simpley put. I can't really say much without repeating what has all ready been said.
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
See you on the battlefield...
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

webmaster wrote:must be an active registered member for at least 6 months before applying to be a moderator.
I missed this one.

You haven't been here for six months. (I really should've looked at your join date first)

So I have to change my vote to "no". Not only have you not been here for 6 months, you also haven't been on in two days. Moderators should be on everyday.

"If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. You want to change the world? There's nothing to it."
Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

Tyche wrote:
webmaster wrote:must be an active registered member for at least 6 months before applying to be a moderator.
I missed this one.

You haven't been here for six months. (I really should've looked at your join date first)

So I have to change my vote to "no". Not only have you not been here for 6 months, you also haven't been on in two days. Moderators should be on everyday.
To be on everyday is a big ask, especially since some moderators will have a real life outside this website, like work, or schooling.

And I considered mentioning the join date, but I assumed it didn't need mentioning due to lack of posts the person has.
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

They should be on as much as possible, yet most aren't even on at all really >_>

And Rikoku, Not that big of an ask to check in even just for a minute or two lol
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

That's what I was going to say Scorp! :( A few minutes just too check through after work isn't that hard.

What's with all the low post count people wanting to be mods anyway? [-X

josh :)
Uber Otaku

Post by josh :) »

probably symos trying to get around his bad reputation. a new member doesn't have a rep.

I think a mod should just be on regularly, not everyday though.
My Facebook Profile Add me as a friend if you want :)
kara
Baka Otaku

Post by kara »

Sorry to say,however,i have been on every day.
lucky me lucky u let me throw u into a pot of stew
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

You weren't yesterday. I looked at your last visit prior to just today. (It shows up in your profile)

Not that missing one day will make all the difference, even if it's the only day you haven't been on, because you;

1. Haven't edited your application.

2. Haven't stated your age.

3. Haven't been an active member six months prior to making this application.

Also, most people appreciate when you acknowledge what they are telling/suggesting to you.

Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

No, because of all the things listed above and I have 2 more to add....

You say you'll warn them once then ban them? that's ridiculous 1 warning is not enough to warrant a ban. See most good mods have a 3 strike rule you disobey the mods 3 times and you get a ban. Don't be so uptight.....Uptight people make bad decisions and ruin the fun of the site.

Also you seem to be applying to get revenge on someone.....the majority of your app sounds like some people were messing with you in the chat and you want the power to say screw you and ban them for joking around. With your current attitude it is unlikely that you'll get the position.

P.S the post count is waaaay too low for me to even consider a no opinion. 4 post means you don't know your way around the forum and don't know squat about it's members. A mod needs to know how to navigate the site and know the active members.
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

scorpionwarrior wrote:And Rikoku, Not that big of an ask to check in even just for a minute or two lol
It's a big website. Even in just the forum area, it's huge. It would take me atleast 10 minutes to begin looking in one thread. Popping online to show your presence isn't enough. It does take a wee bit of commitment.
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

lol it doesn't take that much for me to see what threads people have been posting in. In fact it only takes me like 5 minutes at the most o_O

Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

No, for the fact that you won't reveal your age. If you're going to make a moderator application, you need to be sixteen or older.