My Moderator Application:kara

Do you belive I would be a good moderator?

1.Yes I belive u would be a good moderator.
13%
2.No,I do not belive you would be a good moderator.
69%
3.You have some good moderator qualitys,however need to work on others.
19%

Total votes: 16

+ тнє ѕαιηт +
Dragon Master Otaku

Re: My Moderator Application:kara

Post by + тнє ѕαιηт + »

Tyche wrote:No, for the fact that you won't reveal your age. If you're going to make a moderator application, you need to be sixteen or older.
sixteen or older? is that serious or just recommended? is it maturity reasons?
cause I'm now where near 16 but I'm still capable of making mature decisions and
having responsibilities, I think it should just go on how serious you are about following
the rules and being active, like scorps for example, active everyday, never breaks the rules and always contributes to the thread. sounds like a great mod, you'ld you deny him the privilege if he was 13, even if he was exactly as he is now? so whatever I think it should go on how much of a valued member you are. but on topic, I'm still not sure yet, so I'll say maybe about the mod app.
High wire escape artist
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

How to become a moderator.

You need to be over sixteen to be a moderator. It used to be thirteen.
"Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

"If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. You want to change the world? There's nothing to it."
josh :)
Uber Otaku

Post by josh :) »

I don't think stating age should really be necessary, sure it won't hurt to add it...but what I'm getting at is it should just be assumed that people applying for moderator are 16+ because if they aren't it's pretty easy to uh...just say you are. "I'm 17...' 'I'm 26 now and still love cartoons and anime' 'I'm 16 and older' 'Hi, I'm Bill Benson and I'm 18 years old'

Gosh I'm good at acting...on forums :)
My Facebook Profile Add me as a friend if you want :)
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

The thing is, I asked her in the chat room and she pretty much said that it was none of my business and that she doesn't tell random people her age.

IMO that sounds extremely child-ish. In other words, not mature enough to be a moderator, or at least 16.

"If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. You want to change the world? There's nothing to it."
+ тнє ѕαιηт +
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by + тнє ѕαιηт + »

point taken, but still I reckon I would be mature enough for the mod position, I'm just not active enough, or post enough. xP
so It shouldn't really go on age.
High wire escape artist
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

I think Ken changed it to cut down on the mod threads in here, since it's a waste of space.

I wouldn't go on age either, but maturity and activeness.

Nyx
Absolute Otaku

Post by Nyx »

No. Just no. In the chat with Kara, I've heard that she's 13 or around there. She's gotten in multiple fights with myself and others in the chat as well. She can't spell or use proper grammar. And the biggest reason- I haven't seen Kara anywhere in the forums, ever, not even in my Army's thread where almost all of AA wanders in or out at some point.
AA Sibs: Coin-Boy, Casual, Biki, Tyche
AA Hubbies: EL, Kura, AOH I wuv my hubbies. All 3 of them. <3
AA X-mas Pressy: Cloud AA Luv: Cold
AA Child: Dogboy, Pervert. AA Grandchild: Master InuYasha
That'll do fangirl, that'll do.
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Jesus Christ wrote:I say know becoz u disobayed the rules and i am sertain u aint two intalygent. u hevant posted much on the boreds and dunno how to use spellchecks. u failed to follow some basic gide lines as tyche pointed out, and i reeli dont think its necisary that u b a mods becoz their r some other applicunts who i belive are much better
I love you.

No from me, sorry Kara. Overall you're nice.. but... You're not active enough on the boards, and you need to work on your spelling and grammar and that kind of stuff.

Also.. I witnessed you misbehaving yesterday, in chat. When you were talking to MANGApunk and PiNk_So What.

Just work on those things, and we'll see where you are then.
-Sam
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
Sasami Jurai
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sasami Jurai »

This application should be deleted; When Kara meet the standards, she could post a new application where many users at the time could vote yes.

That would be three years from now, if she could still hang around this place. :-k :mrgreen:

Yeah, she really is 13. :-"

She's also my friend. :D
Don't wake me; I plan on sleeping in
There is a light that never goes out~
Boxcar Bob
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Boxcar Bob »

And she's suspended :|
Demyx wrote:I can wrestle and pin a girl who's twice my size. I have nothing to be ashamed of at all.
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Gianni Rivera wrote:And she's suspended :|
She posted goatse, as someone else the day before. Told somebody it was a link to 'the rules' >_>
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Post by scorpionwarrior »

o_O deception doesn't go over well with working towards being a mod

(Edit) I meant for kara btw
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

First offense. She just needs some time to adjust, and learn the rules.

She's a nice girl usually. She should wait a bit though, on being a mod.
Jade_Steel_Hawk

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

No.
You're probably about 10.
You start fights in chat.
You can't even spell things correctly. At least use the spell checker on your application.
Your "text talk" is downright annoying.
You're suspended.
Being on every day doesn't say much. A lot of users are on every day.
Wooo 4 posts. Impressive.
Come up with better reasons if you're serious about it.

As far as chat:
Let's just say that if you're starting fights and people are complaining about you, I'm not going to use the warning system.
If it takes 3 times to tell you something, you're not mature enough to be in chat at all.
I can only ban you temporarily. It's pretty bad if 30-45 minutes of not being in chat upsets you that much.
The warning system is a bit too lenient for my taste in most cases. Every mod is different.

Have a wonderful day.

**Edit**
Jesus Christ wrote:I say know becoz u disobayed the rules and i am sertain u aint two intalygent. u hevant posted much on the boreds and dunno how to use spellchecks. u failed to follow some basic gide lines as tyche pointed out, and i reeli dont think its necisary that u b a mods becoz their r some other applicunts who i belive are much better
Lol. Kudos.
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

Jade, when the hell did you get back? :|

Jade_Steel_Hawk

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

I've been on now and then. =]
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."