44%
No opinion...
11%

Total votes: 9

Rosalia W. Cheetah
Uber Otaku

My Moderator Application: RoseWhiteCheetah

Post by Rosalia W. Cheetah »

Hello to any that may visit this topic amoung many other similar threads. As the title says, my username is RoseWhiteCheetah, aka Rose. I wish to be a moderator of this site, since 1) I've been here for years and have always loved it, and 2) I wish to be of some help. I know that a lot of other threads here says the very same or similar thing, but I really would like to help others.

Reasons that I could be a good moderator:

1~I usually don't swear or use profanity. I try not to.

2~I believe in respect to surrounding members, even if I somehow don't like them.

3~While I may have much better spelling and grammar skills than from before, I will strive to improve myself.

4~I don't try to take a person's side, even if it was a friend, for I want to hear both stories of the problem.

5~When I find a person breaking a rule, I would warn him/her about the consenquences if they were to break the rules again, as well as the second time. The third time, I would ban them. Depending on the severity of the rule, I would wait until the third time.

But, of course, I already know I have flaws. I will not blame anyone for taking these into account and selecting no. I cannot force myself into being the 'top and best,' for I'm not by nature.

Reasons to why I might not be a good moderator:

1~Until I have internet access at home, I will not be able to get on everyday. [I think I and my parents might be getting the net back sometime around when we move sometime after April.]

2~I am quite timid, and usually couldn't put up a fight even if I wanted to.

3~I have a few moods when it comes to posting; only one of them makes good, common sense, while the others would be based on 'I'll post what I'll want and won't listen to others.' That would be a 'Black Mood.' Though most of the time, I will remain in the good, common sense mood.

4~While my spelling and grammar had improved, I still have to work on my past and present tense, as well as puncuation.

While you take all these reasons into account, just remember that I am just a member. If no, then I am happy to remain as a regular member of this site. All I want of AA is that it remains active and that it won't die out. Thank you for looking into this application and selecting your answer. May peace be with all of you. ^_^

~RoseWhiteCheetah "Rose"

[Edited because of major grammar and spelling errors, and it lacked of the reasons of why and why not that I would be a good moderator.]
Last edited by Rosalia W. Cheetah on Mar 28, 2009 3:35pm, edited 2 times in total.
If anyone is willing, please send tips on how to animate -

I believe I will begin the project of creating episodes based on the book series 'Acorna the Unicorn Girl'.
Lestat69_99
Absolute Otaku

Re: My Moderator Application: RoseWhiteCheetah

Post by Lestat69_99 »

Sorry, but the only place I see you at is the rp section. You must be active all around... In time maybe, but for now no....
"Well, look who's back...Show him why we call it "SPLATTERHOUSE'."
Terror Mask
Rosalia W. Cheetah
Uber Otaku

I respectfully understand that... I usually only come on to roleplay with my friend Sasszain, because no one would usually pay attention to me. I haven't had the time to be online because of my sister's death, but now that I'm getting out of the house again, I'm attempting to be online more often.

I believe I will begin the project of creating episodes based on the book series 'Acorna the Unicorn Girl'.
Aiden
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aiden »

Actually Raven, I don't even see her there? Have you been on Hiatus? For me it's a no opinion right now, although I won't vote until later when I see you posting around a bit more. Just because you have the requirements for being here long enough still means you have to be on quite recent though as well. If you post in other places along with being on more frequently and helping in some more specific threads, I'll give you a yes. :)
(RAH)² (AH)³ + RO (MA + MAMA) + (GA)² + OOH(LA)²
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

<,< Dont bring me into this, first off.
>,> I hafta remain impartial, or judge only as a mod, not as a friend.
So that being said, if you are going to read the following paragraphs, then read it as if it where coming from a Mod you where NOT friends with xD
Spoiler
Show
Three things I already see wrong.

1. Using ark text on a black background, bad idea for a professional application. I see this a lot with others, they like to use colored text and such, and for the most part it isn't a bad thing, except when at first glance the app looks like a black wall of God knows what.

2. Your grammar, Ow? For someone wanting to a novelist, you didn't seem to put much effort into proofreading your application. This is, to me, Showing that you rush. Rushing recklessly around as a Mod is a bad thing.

3. Raven has stated this before, as have I, but I'll reiterate, for my own sake. You're a member who's been registered for a long time that no one knows. Granted, being a Mod isn't about people knowing you, its about keeping the rules, and cleaning up the junk. However, the Mod team, as well as the Webmaster kinda` need to know you, if you're to join their team.
Well now that the professionalism stuff is outta the way, Go you!
If you keep at it, and stay active, not ONLY in the Rp section, then you will have a chance, in a while. Show your perseverance, and you'll be rewarded in the end.
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Rosalia W. Cheetah
Uber Otaku

I didn't 'bring you into this' Zain, I only metioned >.>
Anyway, no would really see me in the RP is because I'm only in one roleplay. I never was very active until just now...
Boo to my grammar, I was up til 5 in the morning, so my mind was whoo-hoo elsewhere. Didn't help that I had a headache the size of Alaska and the asprin I took had took forever to kick in. >< I hate allergies.
And I wasn't expecting anyone to vote for me just because I'm one of the longest members on this site. I know I have to work for it, and I'm trying to do something more than come on and post a few times in the Dragon Ball Z roleplay.
Anyways, yeah, I'll shut up XD I love it here. ^_^

Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

RoseWhiteCheetah wrote:
And I wasn't expecting anyone to vote for me just because I'm one of the longest members on this site.
It is if you know how to use it. :wink:
"Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

"If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. You want to change the world? There's nothing to it."
Rosalia W. Cheetah
Uber Otaku

Thanks, Filitz XD

Opps, gotta get home. I've got to help mom with the housework, since her back is near-to-being broken. I got no internet at home right now, so that means I'll have to get a job to get internet at home. XD Ahh, that's how life works. I'll hopefully be back on very soon!

Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

I don't think I've seen you... ever. So I'm not going to vote right now, but seeing as I'm not very encouraged by what I've read, I'm going to have to say that you'll have a hard time getting my vote. The fact that you've been on the site for so long is a plus, but it doesn't really mean much to me, since you seem to lack anything to back it up with. =( I don't mean to be harsh, Rose, so please don't take it too badly.

Ganbatte! :)

Also, while I'm sure some people might be interested in your traumatic expiriences, I don't think a mod app is really the place to bring up your sister (rest her soul) or your mother.
Please, I am but a smol potate.

Past Names you'll know its me by: Demyx, Dreaming Awake, Lord Koryu
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

I don't know you and I don't think I've even seen you before. But I won't hold that against you. I wont cast a vote yet
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
josh :)
Uber Otaku

Post by josh :) »

I vote yes because I feel sorry for you that your sister passed away, that you have a hard life and will have to work to have internet at home, that you want to be a novelist yet have horrible spelling/grammar/punctuation/presentation/everything. Good luck josh is cheering for you
My Facebook Profile Add me as a friend if you want :)
Rosalia W. Cheetah
Uber Otaku

Feeling sorry for me shouldn't have made you vote, josh. I'm here as an AA member, not a weepy person that's begging for attention. ^^;;; But thank you for your vote. I hope to live to your expections, whether or not I'm moderator.

Enough slacking for meh! XD I'm in a heck of a happier mood, and that's good enough for me ^^ *Reads earlier posts from me* Dang, I sounded like I was having a drill digging into my skull. XD;;

josh :)
Uber Otaku

Post by josh :) »

RoseWhiteCheetah wrote:Feeling sorry for me shouldn't have made you vote, josh. I'm here as an AA member, not a weepy person that's begging for attention. ^^;;; But thank you for your vote. I hope to live to your expections, whether or not I'm moderator.

Enough slacking for meh! XD I'm in a heck of a happier mood, and that's good enough for me ^^ *Reads earlier posts from me* Dang, I sounded like I was having a drill digging into my skull. XD;;
In that case I terminate my sympathy vote.

Just joking :P You seem like a nice person. You are friendly and know your use of ^^, XD, ^^;;; and XD;; smiles it's a great skill :)
My Facebook Profile Add me as a friend if you want :)
Rosalia W. Cheetah
Uber Otaku

But only if you know when to stop using them in a post. *Giggles* Too much of them in a post would just be stupid, lol

Lexin Kotetsu
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Lexin Kotetsu »

Hey, guys, it's me! ^_^

First off, sure, why not. You seem to have good intensions, and you have been a member her for almost 2 years, so you seem to know about it well enough. You have a fairly high amount of posts, so yeah... ^_~

There is no SECONDLY!! OMG, WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE EXPECT OUTA ME, HUH? WHAT?!!!!!! :cry:
I'm here, I'm there, I'm everywhere but where I should be! Where is this?.... I can't remember!!!! Maybe that's why I'm not there.... hm....
Rosalia W. Cheetah
Uber Otaku

No worries! And thanks for your vote. ^_^ Most appriciated.