My Moderator Application: Grell (Dreaming Awake)

Would I make a good moderator?

Yes, you would
7
78%
No, you wouldn't
1
11%
No opinion
1
11%
 
Total votes: 9

Grell
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1403
Joined: Oct 15, 2008 1:39pm
Location: Somewhere <3
Contact:

My Moderator Application: Grell (Dreaming Awake)

Post by Grell »

Hello, everyone! I hope you are all well as you are reading this. =)

Qualifications:
~ I am 18 years old.
~ I have years of experience being on the site.
~ I have good grammar and spelling.
~ I try to keep profanity to a bare minimum, and I try to use other words instead of cusses.
~ I have strong morals, and believe in myself as a person. I'm also very tolerant of people who have different views and know when to take myself out of a situation if things are becoming too heated.
~ I am also mature enough to realize when I have made a mistake, and try to set things straight when I have. I also try to apologize if something is my fault, and I don't set out on ventures to begin arguments.
~ I check the forums daily, and I have internet at home. I am easy to reach in this fashion.
~ I have MSN, Yahoo, Facebook, and MySpace, if anyone needs to contact me.*


Reasons I want to be a moderator:
& I want to earn more experience in moderation and how forums work. This experience is valuable on and off the site.
& I want to better myself as a member, and help fellow members to better themselves as well.

I am willing to go through any trials to prove to you, the users, that I am a reliable candidate for moderacy.

Policies and how I can help make the site better:
^ In chat, it'd start with a warning, and if the behaviour continued, it'd be a gag for five minutes. If after the gag, they continued to misbehave, it'd be an hour ban.


And so, that concludes the opening for my mod app. I will most likely be back later to make any changes I see fit, and will add any information that people ask for, if I feel it is necassary.

Thank you for your time.
:)


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Kei------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*If you would like to contact me on any of these, or in PMs, feel free to. I am willing to answer any questions that pertain to my application. And whatever probably doesn't.
Last edited by Grell on Mar 17, 2010 10:01am, edited 8 times in total.
I am seeking a fun loving, adventure seeking male to hook up with. PM me for more details. ;D

Past Names you'll know its me by: Demyx, Dreaming Awake, Lord Koryu

User avatar
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3604
Joined: Jun 23, 2007 7:08pm
Gender: Female
Location: Ohio

Re: My Moderator Application: Dreaming Awake

Post by Hardcore »

I'll give an answer later.

But, I think you should delete the "Reasons you should not vote for me" part.
It'll just look better on you.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.

User avatar
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2966
Joined: Dec 01, 2007 8:28pm
Gender: Female
Location: Yelling at idiot foreigners

Re: My Moderator Application: Dreaming Awake

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Yea putting that in there is just weird...... *has never seen anyone list reason why they SHOULDN'T be a mod* lol
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.

Grell
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1403
Joined: Oct 15, 2008 1:39pm
Location: Somewhere <3
Contact:

Re: My Moderator Application: Dreaming Awake

Post by Grell »

Well, its a common question that I see Sassy write, so I thought I'd put that in there ahead of time for him. :) Also, I'm hoping people will vote more on their actual experience when talking with me rather than what I put down in this app.


Is there any other suggestions? I appreciate all feedback, positive or negative.
I am seeking a fun loving, adventure seeking male to hook up with. PM me for more details. ;D

Past Names you'll know its me by: Demyx, Dreaming Awake, Lord Koryu

User avatar
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3604
Joined: Jun 23, 2007 7:08pm
Gender: Female
Location: Ohio

Re: My Moderator Application: Dreaming Awake

Post by Hardcore »

I still say get rid of it, it'll turn into a debate about more reasons why you shouldn't be a mod, rather than if you should be one.

Also, more than half of the application is telling us why you switched accounts, and the whole Demyx affair.

Also, you've been a member ~5 months. :p (Doesn't matter, just saying. xD)

-What's your banning policy (in chat)?
-How will you make the site better?
And this is only part of it, you'll have to edit the rest yourself.

This application lacks a lot of details, I'd say it needs a lot of editing.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.

josh :)
Uber Otaku
Posts: 740
Joined: Aug 26, 2006 12:38am
Gender: Male
Location: aus

Re: My Moderator Application: Dreaming Awake

Post by josh :) »

I'll vote yes for you if you drop your retarded Bulbasaur argument in my thread on the grounds that your argument is ridiculous and merely for the sake of arguing.
1. The wild animal/tree thing is irrelevant.
2. Even if Bulbasaur was a wild animal/plant he can't compete with a human with a gun. Plants/ Trees don't hurt people, and there is not 1 wild animal that can beat a human with a gun. So that was a stupid point.
3. You should just be nice girl and either make legitimate arguments or don't be annoying. We can be friends if you give me a chance I am just nice boy ok :(

stop hurting my feelings jst coz i like pokemon and cowboy bebop dont mean i dnt hav feelings
My Facebook Profile Add me as a friend if you want :)

Grell
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1403
Joined: Oct 15, 2008 1:39pm
Location: Somewhere <3
Contact:

Re: My Moderator Application: Dreaming Awake

Post by Grell »

I realize my app is in its early stages, and yeah, there will be a lot of things I'll need to change, but one of my drawbacks is with planning things like this, I end up missing a lot of details sometimes. So I'm appreciative of any help that is provided, or questions that are faced to me. :)

And Josh, that's not a relevant reason to vote yes or no. If you choose to vote no based on a petty argument, then it is a no I'll be happy to take. I am not trying to hurt your feelings by arguing with you, as you are hurting my feels as well by saying my argument is retarded and ridiculous. I am also a fan of Cowboy Bebop and Pokemon, so why don't we try to make amends with that?
I am seeking a fun loving, adventure seeking male to hook up with. PM me for more details. ;D

Past Names you'll know its me by: Demyx, Dreaming Awake, Lord Koryu

User avatar
Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3951
Joined: Feb 12, 2005 3:38pm
Gender: Female
Location: In sheep's clothing.
Contact:

Re: My Moderator Application: Dreaming Awake

Post by Gaming Goddess »

josh wrote:I'll vote yes for you if you drop your retarded Bulbasaur argument in my thread on the grounds that your argument is ridiculous and merely for the sake of arguing.
1. The wild animal/tree thing is irrelevant.
2. Even if Bulbasaur was a wild animal/plant he can't compete with a human with a gun. Plants/ Trees don't hurt people, and there is not 1 wild animal that can beat a human with a gun. So that was a stupid point.
3. You should just be nice girl and either make legitimate arguments or don't be annoying. We can be friends if you give me a chance I am just nice boy ok :(

stop hurting my feelings jst coz i like pokemon and cowboy bebop dont mean i dnt hav feelings
Bulbasaur would get raped by a gun. And that's a fact.
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3

User avatar
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3604
Joined: Jun 23, 2007 7:08pm
Gender: Female
Location: Ohio

Re: My Moderator Application: Dreaming Awake

Post by Hardcore »

Much better. ;)
I'll check back later. Keep heading in this direction.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.

Grell
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1403
Joined: Oct 15, 2008 1:39pm
Location: Somewhere <3
Contact:

Re: My Moderator Application: Dreaming Awake

Post by Grell »

Gaming Goddess wrote:
josh wrote:I'll vote yes for you if you drop your retarded Bulbasaur argument in my thread on the grounds that your argument is ridiculous and merely for the sake of arguing.
1. The wild animal/tree thing is irrelevant.
2. Even if Bulbasaur was a wild animal/plant he can't compete with a human with a gun. Plants/ Trees don't hurt people, and there is not 1 wild animal that can beat a human with a gun. So that was a stupid point.
3. You should just be nice girl and either make legitimate arguments or don't be annoying. We can be friends if you give me a chance I am just nice boy ok :(

stop hurting my feelings jst coz i like pokemon and cowboy bebop dont mean i dnt hav feelings
Bulbasaur would get raped by a gun. And that's a fact.
If you truly wish to discuss this, please take it to Josh's thread. Otherwise, I would rather you didn't spam my mod app.

And thank you, Iris. :)
I am seeking a fun loving, adventure seeking male to hook up with. PM me for more details. ;D

Past Names you'll know its me by: Demyx, Dreaming Awake, Lord Koryu

User avatar
Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3951
Joined: Feb 12, 2005 3:38pm
Gender: Female
Location: In sheep's clothing.
Contact:

Re: My Moderator Application: Dreaming Awake

Post by Gaming Goddess »

Dreaming Awake wrote: ~ I am also mature enough to realize when I have made a mistake, and try to set things straight when I have. I also try to apologize if something is my fault, and I don't set out on ventures to begin arguments.
Josh's thread discredits this. As ridiculous and retarded as it is.
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3

Grell
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1403
Joined: Oct 15, 2008 1:39pm
Location: Somewhere <3
Contact:

Re: My Moderator Application: Dreaming Awake

Post by Grell »

Gaming Goddess wrote:
Dreaming Awake wrote: ~ I am also mature enough to realize when I have made a mistake, and try to set things straight when I have. I also try to apologize if something is my fault, and I don't set out on ventures to begin arguments.
Josh's thread discredits this. As ridiculous and retarded as it is.
I would like to know what mistake I have made. Because I did not enter the thread to begin an argument. Far from it, I was merely stating and defending my opinion. I see no harm or foul in it, but if you can prove to me that there is, I would retract that from my mod app and submit an apology to parties involved.
I am seeking a fun loving, adventure seeking male to hook up with. PM me for more details. ;D

Past Names you'll know its me by: Demyx, Dreaming Awake, Lord Koryu

User avatar
Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3951
Joined: Feb 12, 2005 3:38pm
Gender: Female
Location: In sheep's clothing.
Contact:

Re: My Moderator Application: Dreaming Awake

Post by Gaming Goddess »

Dreaming Awake wrote:
Gaming Goddess wrote:
Dreaming Awake wrote: ~ I am also mature enough to realize when I have made a mistake, and try to set things straight when I have. I also try to apologize if something is my fault, and I don't set out on ventures to begin arguments.
Josh's thread discredits this. As ridiculous and retarded as it is.
I would like to know what mistake I have made. Because I did not enter the thread to begin an argument. Far from it, I was merely stating and defending my opinion. I see no harm or foul in it, but if you can prove to me that there is, I would retract that from my mod app and submit an apology to parties involved.
Your argument in that thread hurts me mentally. Bulbasaur couldn't take a bullet, and we all know that. Why do you continue to argue against that? Why? Do you like to see me suffer? Is that it? Will you not relent until I plea for a deathblow? You make me sick.
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3

josh :)
Uber Otaku
Posts: 740
Joined: Aug 26, 2006 12:38am
Gender: Male
Location: aus

Re: My Moderator Application: Dreaming Awake

Post by josh :) »

Dreaming Awake wrote:And Josh, that's not a relevant reason to vote yes or no. If you choose to vote no based on a petty argument, then it is a no I'll be happy to take. I am not trying to hurt your feelings by arguing with you, as you are hurting my feels as well by saying my argument is retarded and ridiculous. I am also a fan of Cowboy Bebop and Pokemon, so why don't we try to make amends with that?
I vote NO on the following grounds. You hate to lose arguments. You are extremely stubborn. You hate losing arguments so much that you bring up countless irrelevant points. I gave you numerous chances to drop your argument in a nice way, but you failed to do so and continued to talk about how if 'you shoot a tree with a gun, it won't die' and elephants/whales etc. We were talking about bulbasaur and spike spielgel. Wild animals and Trees have NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ISSUE. I tried to escape the irrelevance, but you refused to drop your stupid case and now my thread has turned into a debate which has nothing to do with the topic. All thanks to you.

Dreaming Awake wrote:I am generally nice, but I hate to lose arguments.
Now I know what you mean.

You are too stubborn to be a mod. Your stubbornness and hate of losing arguments blinds you into making irrelevant, retarded, nonsensical arguments which are just too annoying to read.
My Facebook Profile Add me as a friend if you want :)

Grell
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1403
Joined: Oct 15, 2008 1:39pm
Location: Somewhere <3
Contact:

Re: My Moderator Application: Dreaming Awake

Post by Grell »

Gaming Goddess wrote:
Dreaming Awake wrote:
Gaming Goddess wrote:
Dreaming Awake wrote: ~ I am also mature enough to realize when I have made a mistake, and try to set things straight when I have. I also try to apologize if something is my fault, and I don't set out on ventures to begin arguments.
Josh's thread discredits this. As ridiculous and retarded as it is.
I would like to know what mistake I have made. Because I did not enter the thread to begin an argument. Far from it, I was merely stating and defending my opinion. I see no harm or foul in it, but if you can prove to me that there is, I would retract that from my mod app and submit an apology to parties involved.
Your argument in that thread hurts me mentally. Bulbasaur couldn't take a bullet, and we all know that. Why do you continue to argue against that? Why? Do you like to see me suffer? Is that it? Will you not relent until I plea for a deathblow? You make me sick.
josh wrote:
Dreaming Awake wrote:And Josh, that's not a relevant reason to vote yes or no. If you choose to vote no based on a petty argument, then it is a no I'll be happy to take. I am not trying to hurt your feelings by arguing with you, as you are hurting my feels as well by saying my argument is retarded and ridiculous. I am also a fan of Cowboy Bebop and Pokemon, so why don't we try to make amends with that?
I vote NO on the following grounds. You hate to lose arguments. You are extremely stubborn. You hate losing arguments so much that you bring up countless irrelevant points. I gave you numerous chances to drop your argument in a nice way, but you failed to do so and continued to talk about how if 'you shoot a tree with a gun, it won't die' and elephants/whales etc. We were talking about bulbasaur and spike spielgel. Wild animals and Trees have NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ISSUE. I tried to escape the irrelevance, but you refused to drop your stupid case and now my thread has turned into a debate which has nothing to do with the topic. All thanks to you.

Dreaming Awake wrote:I am generally nice, but I hate to lose arguments.
Now I know what you mean.

You are too stubborn to be a mod. Your stubbornness and hate of losing arguments blinds you into making irrelevant, retarded, nonsensical arguments which are just too annoying to read.
GG, again most of what you're saying belongs in Josh's thread, because it is targeting my argument there, not my actual mod app.

Josh, you created a thread which asked people who would win, which therefore instates that debates would arise. I am deeply sorry you are unhappy with the way your thread has gone, but blaming me will not fix anything. I merely held my ground and stood up for my opinion. I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, and if it would make everyone happier, I will drop my argument, but not on the grounds you stated above.

I am stubborn, yes, but I am not foolhearty. I know when to stand my ground, and when it is better to give in. I do dislike losing arguments, but again, I know when I'm wrong or when I've been proven wrong.
I am seeking a fun loving, adventure seeking male to hook up with. PM me for more details. ;D

Past Names you'll know its me by: Demyx, Dreaming Awake, Lord Koryu

josh :)
Uber Otaku
Posts: 740
Joined: Aug 26, 2006 12:38am
Gender: Male
Location: aus

Re: My Moderator Application: Dreaming Awake

Post by josh :) »

Dreaming Awake wrote:
Gaming Goddess wrote:
Dreaming Awake wrote:
Gaming Goddess wrote:
Josh's thread discredits this. As ridiculous and retarded as it is.
I would like to know what mistake I have made. Because I did not enter the thread to begin an argument. Far from it, I was merely stating and defending my opinion. I see no harm or foul in it, but if you can prove to me that there is, I would retract that from my mod app and submit an apology to parties involved.
Your argument in that thread hurts me mentally. Bulbasaur couldn't take a bullet, and we all know that. Why do you continue to argue against that? Why? Do you like to see me suffer? Is that it? Will you not relent until I plea for a deathblow? You make me sick.
josh wrote:
Dreaming Awake wrote:And Josh, that's not a relevant reason to vote yes or no. If you choose to vote no based on a petty argument, then it is a no I'll be happy to take. I am not trying to hurt your feelings by arguing with you, as you are hurting my feels as well by saying my argument is retarded and ridiculous. I am also a fan of Cowboy Bebop and Pokemon, so why don't we try to make amends with that?
I vote NO on the following grounds. You hate to lose arguments. You are extremely stubborn. You hate losing arguments so much that you bring up countless irrelevant points. I gave you numerous chances to drop your argument in a nice way, but you failed to do so and continued to talk about how if 'you shoot a tree with a gun, it won't die' and elephants/whales etc. We were talking about bulbasaur and spike spielgel. Wild animals and Trees have NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ISSUE. I tried to escape the irrelevance, but you refused to drop your stupid case and now my thread has turned into a debate which has nothing to do with the topic. All thanks to you.

Dreaming Awake wrote:I am generally nice, but I hate to lose arguments.
Now I know what you mean.

You are too stubborn to be a mod. Your stubbornness and hate of losing arguments blinds you into making irrelevant, retarded, nonsensical arguments which are just too annoying to read.
GG, again most of what you're saying belongs in Josh's thread, because it is targeting my argument there, not my actual mod app.

Josh, you created a thread which asked people who would win, which therefore instates that debates would arise. I am deeply sorry you are unhappy with the way your thread has gone, but blaming me will not fix anything. I merely held my ground and stood up for my opinion. I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, and if it would make everyone happier, I will drop my argument, but not on the grounds you stated above.

I am stubborn, yes, but I am not foolhearty. I know when to stand my ground, and when it is better to give in. I do dislike losing arguments, but again, I know when I'm wrong or when I've been proven wrong.
ok sorry i was just overeating sorry

i asked for an opinion on something and u gave one and then i bullied u for it sorry i didnt mean it
My Facebook Profile Add me as a friend if you want :)

Locked