My Moderator Application: Grell (Dreaming Awake)

Would I make a good moderator?

Yes, you would
78%
No, you wouldn't
11%
No opinion
11%

Total votes: 9

Grell
Absolute Otaku

Re: My Moderator Application: Dreaming Awake

Post by Grell »

You don't have to apologize here. ^ ^ The matter was resolved, and I'm happy we were able to come to an agreement.
Please, I am but a smol potate.

Past Names you'll know its me by: Demyx, Dreaming Awake, Lord Koryu
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

You do realize he's trolling you now, right?
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Trolls? Where?
I hate trolls.

As for your app, you get no opinion so far. I'll keep watching you though ^^
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

Thank you for your concern, Iris. :)

And thank you, Sassy. lol

Aiden
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aiden »

DON'T QUOTE THIS POST!

For your application, you have a lot of plus's and a lot of things that will later help you on your way to moderacy. Although because I am a friend, I'm still not going to do an automatic yes.

As for this app, this account, and the past...well since creating a new account, and deleting the other I feel you have furthered yourself into a direction, one that will keep boosting you forward and not excel you back into the past. This account as of today has proven that you are willing to do whatever it takes to make an attempt to become a moderator, as I know you've been to other areas of this forum as well as try and read EVERY post. Congrats.

So, on to the matters of the application. I find that so far you've done a great job at editing what you need to, color coding sections for an easier read, and adding things that people have suggested. Although with chat ban/gagging I would be a little bit more lenient, unless said user, was going overboard and not ceasing actions, then such intolerant actions could be taken. I would also add the fact that even moderators may need the help of another moderator, as trying not to take either too much on to your plate all at once, or some thing along the lines of needed assistance when necessary. Are you going to be a serious mod, taking everything into like a strict matter, or are you going to have a forgiving side to some things/warnings?

Also with jokes, and I'm not meaning to strictly pick on these people, but use them merely as an example. The Joker {aka Pennyroyal Tea} he's one of those mods that sometimes likes to get in on the flaming action and has, since his uplift to being a moderator some time ago, has slipped from his ranks acting like just another user again. Then there are the joking moderators that are still serious at the same time, like Zain. Then last but not least, there's the moderator who is almost entirely serious, and does have many jokes or "good times" in the eyes of few users.

Which would you chose to be? Are you going to be a mixture? I'd say take a look at if you were to receive moderatorship, tell the good people what kind of moderator you'd be. :D

As for now, even as a friend, who's just pretending to be another user, I'm going to give you a No Opinion until a later notice. I know you're in a few places right now, but I would like to see you posting more in other areas. Don't just look at the topics but post there too. :D

sorry 'bout the rainbows. I had an urge to commit to. Thus the DO NOT QUOTE POST. lol
(RAH)² (AH)³ + RO (MA + MAMA) + (GA)² + OOH(LA)²
josh :)
Uber Otaku

Post by josh :) »

she will b cute nice mods
My Facebook Profile Add me as a friend if you want :)
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

I think the best thing you could do right now for your application, is to be more active. If you can, come on at least once a day, and post at least two or three places.
If you really want to help AA, and really want to be a mod, then you will allow people to see who you are, and get to know you. The best way to do this, is to post!

PS next time you're on MSN, IM me, and we'll talk more.
Nia wrote:DON'T QUOTE THIS POST!

For your application, you have a lot of plus's and a lot of things that will later help you on your way to moderacy. Although because I am a friend, I'm still not going to do an automatic yes.

As for this app, this account, and the past...well since creating a new account, and deleting the other I feel you have furthered yourself into a direction, one that will keep boosting you forward and not excel you back into the past. This account as of today has proven that you are willing to do whatever it takes to make an attempt to become a moderator, as I know you've been to other areas of this forum as well as try and read EVERY post. Congrats.

So, on to the matters of the application. I find that so far you've done a great job at editing what you need to, color coding sections for an easier read, and adding things that people have suggested. Although with chat ban/gagging I would be a little bit more lenient, unless said user, was going overboard and not ceasing actions, then such intolerant actions could be taken. I would also add the fact that even moderators may need the help of another moderator, as trying not to take either too much on to your plate all at once, or some thing along the lines of needed assistance when necessary. Are you going to be a serious mod, taking everything into like a strict matter, or are you going to have a forgiving side to some things/warnings?

Also with jokes, and I'm not meaning to strictly pick on these people, but use them merely as an example. The Joker {aka Pennyroyal Tea} he's one of those mods that sometimes likes to get in on the flaming action and has, since his uplift to being a moderator some time ago, has slipped from his ranks acting like just another user again. Then there are the joking moderators that are still serious at the same time, like Zain. Then last but not least, there's the moderator who is almost entirely serious, and does have many jokes or "good times" in the eyes of few users.

Which would you chose to be? Are you going to be a mixture? I'd say take a look at if you were to receive moderatorship, tell the good people what kind of moderator you'd be. :D

As for now, even as a friend, who's just pretending to be another user, I'm going to give you a No Opinion until a later notice. I know you're in a few places right now, but I would like to see you posting more in other areas. Don't just look at the topics but post there too. :D

sorry 'bout the rainbows. I had an urge to commit to. Thus the DO NOT QUOTE POST. lol

I couldn't resist.
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

Thank you, Sassy. <33

josh :)
Uber Otaku

Post by josh :) »

Dreaming Awake wrote:Thank you, Sassy. <33
y didnt i get a thanks...its coz u hate me isn't it :(
My Facebook Profile Add me as a friend if you want :)
Aiden
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aiden »

lolz, josh. no.

I change my vote to a yes, because you have shown me more. I'll add more later.

wait, you know? i don't really feel like adding more. I think I should be able to say yes, without giving an absolute answer. and if someone decides to whine, then fine here you go. I've seen that you have been encouraging new yew sirs [lolz] to stay or at have at least tried, have helped those who need help, and have excellently veered away from topics that are unnecessarily fit to be posted on an application. Thank you for your gratitude and help in making AA become a better place for ALL users. :3
Last edited by Aiden on Apr 04, 2009 9:29am, edited 1 time in total.
(RAH)² (AH)³ + RO (MA + MAMA) + (GA)² + OOH(LA)²
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

josh wrote:
Dreaming Awake wrote:Thank you, Sassy. <33
y didnt i get a thanks...its coz u hate me isn't it :(
Aww... I'm sorry, Josh. :( I wuff you. Thank you.

Bambi
Absolute Otaku

Post by Bambi »

Heyo.

After looking over your application, I think you'd be a cool mod =).

Best of luck!
:mrgreen:
Apo , Akki, Limbo, Wallaby, Rainmaker, Ender, Kiddo, Cherry, Panda*, Aoi, Sam & BikiButt =P~ <3
~ Sailor Moon Fan Girl Forever ♥ ~
I see nothing worse than to sail this universe without you ♥
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

Bambi wrote:Heyo.

After looking over your application, I think you'd be a cool mod =).

Best of luck!
:mrgreen:
Thank you very much. :) Good luck to you also, and maybe someday, we could work together. ^ ^

Mel
Master Otaku

Post by Mel »

Yes, of course,

Best of luck in becoming a Mod. :)
"Feel the fear and do it anyways"
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

Mel wrote:Yes, of course,

Best of luck in becoming a Mod. :)
Thank you. :)

SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

I love this App.
It has virtually no spam, where as the others do.

Very Good job keeping your app under control.