14%
No Opinion
14%

Total votes: 43

geishaboy
Dragon Master Otaku

Re: re: My Moderator Application: Vash

Post by geishaboy »

Android 17 wrote:And 芸者男の子, well done on noticing, I wanted to see who would be paying close enough attensnion to notice, and you did, so well done. That proves my point that spelling and grammar are noticed and taken into account.
Nice save.
geishaboy
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by geishaboy »

But just one more thing.
Android 17 wrote:Nice post, Locke.

I think we all know now, Vash seems to have problems with some grammer, and there is no point in putting a "i" where should be an "I" and coming back to me to say "There is nothing wrong with my grammar." Your spelling is ok, Bash, but I see many aspects of your posts that you could work on before becomming a mod.

And 芸者男の子, well done on noticing, I wanted to see who would be paying close enough attensnion to notice, and you did, so well done. That proves my point that spelling and grammar are noticed and taken into account.
Try "grammar", "an", "becoming" and "attention".

If you can't see what I am trying to tell you by now...
Sailor Venus
Absolute Otaku

re: My Moderator Application: Vash

Post by Sailor Venus »

Vash! I can't believe I missed this! I've been waiting for it for a long time! You have showed in the other applications that you have got what it takes to become a moderator!

You're a long time member.
You never spam.
You're always there to help others.
You're un-biased.
You won't mistreat your position.
~ Sailor Moon Fan Girl Forever ~
Kore wa futari no mirakuru na sadame
Kako mo mirai mo tobikoete oitsuite miseru
Vash
Uber Otaku

Post by Vash »

Android 17 wrote: I think we all know now, Vash seems to have problems with some grammer, and there is no point in putting a "i" where should be an "I" and coming back to me to say "There is nothing wrong with my grammar." Your spelling is ok, Bash, but I see many aspects of your posts that you could work on before becomming mod.
I don't have problems with grammar o_O". When I wrote something wrong it's merely a typing mistake (I type quite fast). Maybe I'm a bit influenced by german grammatics since it is completely different to english but as I said already I use to check my posts a few times of mistakes before I send them.

And the thing with "i" instead of "I", this is the most common mistake in the whole english speaking world so naming this as an example is quite... weak. And I always try to avoid it anyway. I sometimes may fail but most of the time I do not.

And besides: It's Vash, not Bash
Anner <3
\,,/
Hinato kazuya

Post by Hinato kazuya »

It dosnt matter if you make typing mistakes its about what you do not how you type it when it comes to being a moderator whats the point of having a rubish mod that is a brilliant typer id rather have an exelent mod who on the odd ocassion makes grammer mistakes and i think most users would agree.
It takes but one man to breed a war, for those who do not have swords may still die upon them.
Captain Jack Sparrow
Absolute Otaku

Post by Captain Jack Sparrow »

Android 17 wrote:I am very critical when I view moderator applications, and I have to say no here. I didn't like the style of your post, that is, you had too many typos and bad grammer/sentence set up, and I don't like that. What you said was all very nice, but your many typos tell me a lot about you on the computer (no offence).

Many moderators on other forums, and myself, take time and care about how we present our posts, you havent. Sloopy posters don't make good mods in my eyes.

Please take this as a piece of useful criticism rather than an insult. :)

Forgive me but are you an Idiot or what?? Typos? Dude every1 makes typos and have had some grammar mistakes wont affect beign a mod!!! i mean no one gives a fudge if you typo or not!!! And besides no one is perfect and Yeah "useful" Criticism uh huh keep on dreamin kid...
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) Lance-Corporal 兵長 Heichō
Cherry Darling is my awesome AA Sister :pirate:
Mew Vanilla's Personal Bodyguard :]
Bambi = My Pimp >:P Biki and Hikaru. = My Wives ;D
Zack Attack is my Puerto Rican brutha 8)
日本最大級のポータルサイト。検索、オークション
Visitor

Post by 日本最大級のポータルサイト。検索、オークション »

Just leave it Saint Jimmy, this thing seems to be nearing an argument so let's not call people idiots and so on. We dont want to destroy Vash's application now do we people? 8)

Oh and Saint Jimmy..."No one is perfect"? That was very bad said since I doubt you have met all people that exist on the entire earth. :mrgreen:

You doing good Vash =D> I'm sure you have a good chance to become a moderator, lol.

*mumbles for himself* "Typos"? Lol... :lol:
Hey
Visitor

Post by Hey »

Hinato kazuya wrote: It dosnt matter if you make typing mistakes its about what you do not how you type it when it comes to being a moderator whats the point of having a rubish mod that is a brilliant typer id rather have an exelent mod who on the odd ocassion makes grammer mistakes and i think most users would agree.
Riiiight there with you chico. :mrgreen:

lol, Android 17, I'm sorry... but I'm starting to think that you have no idea what being a mod is all about. Ok, seriously.... So what you're trying to say is that, mods...are suppose to be perfect? ooorrrrr that they are absolutely not allowed any spelling or grammatical mistakes, am I correct? Weeeell then, if that was a new written rule then lets seeeeee... I'd have to go, and so would every other mod on AA. Well then, I guess webmaster would have to recruit a whole bunch of mods.

You know what? We're not the people who are suppose to come up with the requirements, webmaster is. And I don't remember him mentioning anything about spelling mistakes and what-not.

And you're being a hypocrite, look at all the spelling mistakes you're making yourself (And the only reason I noticed them was because 芸者男の子 pointed them out, to tell the truth, I don't spell check other people's work)

Anyway, you're doing well at keeping up the debate but I just don't quite understand where you're trying to go with this.

Vash is a hottie, and you are naughty.

"Oh and Saint Jimmy..."No one is perfect"? That was very bad said since I doubt you have met all people that exist on the entire earth. :mrgreen: "

- lol.... yes yes...you and Locke are both perfect.
Mai

Post by Mai »

*raises hand*

*anner talks*

-.-

*slaps anner then runs*

Had to do it since you awarded me. 8-[

=P

-Any who-

I know the answer to this! Seriously the only reason I came in here was to hold the title of randomly slapping someone then running.. 8-[ But since I figured that it would just be spam...what the doodle, why not actually talk about his aplication?

first off-- vash..You did awesomely great in the aplication. 8) It's kinda like follow the leader in here..Anner says one thing and we follow.

8-[ :-s

"And I don't remember him mentioning anything about spelling mistakes and what-not."

Actually one time I remember when he yelled and screamed and threw a candle at me (that I nearly dodged) for my spelling. 8-[

No..seriously. I'm a moderator and i'm not close to perfect. =] What can I say-- i love ot spell liek this.

x)

"Vash is a hottie, and you are naughty."

HAH! Better watch, you better not cry, I'm tellin you why..Anner canner is coming to night. She sees you when you're posting. She knows when you're acting like..er..uh..steak?...Psh, it rhymed. rofl.

Okay! I'm done.

Get down with your bad self. 8) :mrgreen:
I felt like a race horse in a world without racetracks or a champion college footballer suddenly confronted by Wall Street and a business suit, his days of glory shrunk to a little gold cup on his mantel with a date engraved on it like a tombstone.
Android 17
Visitor

Post by Android 17 »

I've given my opinion on whether he would make a good mod or not, and there is no point in trying to make me feel bad about my decision by saying I "don't know what moderating is about", or trying to point out the odd typo in one of my own posts, it doesn't make a speck of difference. This isn't my mod application, so I don't have to be type-perfect here, and what happened to respecting the opinions of others?

If Vash gets to be mod, I will respect him and the decision of the members here, but he asked what I thought and I said no, and there is no point in crying about it, if you can't take my criticism, I worry for you, since there are much more critical people than me out there, and on this forum.

Remember, mods can deal with criticism! Don't forget that, and good luck with your new job if you happen to get it, which looks likely anyways. :)
Vash
Uber Otaku

Post by Vash »

Oh, I can deal with criticism don't worry about that ;). I just find the reason to say no quite... funny. And I still refuse to accept that I make typos and that I have problems with my grammar. This just isn't true.

And thanks for everyones support, you guys rock \:D/ (but Mai pimps 8) and Anner.. :love: )
Anner <3
\,,/
Android 17
Visitor

Post by Android 17 »

Well, I still insist that you do make typos, but it isn't the end of the world, so meh. ;)
Mai

Post by Mai »

Er..How would typos make someone a bad moderator? If that were the case i'd be the worst on the team...=/
I felt like a race horse in a world without racetracks or a champion college footballer suddenly confronted by Wall Street and a business suit, his days of glory shrunk to a little gold cup on his mantel with a date engraved on it like a tombstone.
Android 17
Visitor

Post by Android 17 »

It depends. On some forums, like where I came from, people are VERY fussy about typos, but this forum seems more relaxed about it, so I guess its ok here.
Vash
Uber Otaku

Post by Vash »

Android 17 wrote:Well, I still insist that you do make typos, but it isn't the end of the world, so meh. ;)
Oh well ^^"...
Gone with the wind wrote:Frankly, I don't give a damn
I like this quote ^^"

Keep insisting, I won't hold you ^^
Anner <3
\,,/
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cold Revolver »

Such arguments can only lead to frustration, typos are an every day thing. I think Android 17 is making a big deal out of this only to make a custom argument for his
satisfaction. It's pointless realy, if you make a typo just edit your post.

Now For Vash, I supose you would make a great mod. You never flame the other users even though you sometimes want to (I know you do). Your posts are respectfull and I am going to go out on a limb and say yes to your app. I wish you the best of luck and Hope you win your self a mod title.
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]