14%
No Opinion
14%

Total votes: 43

Android 17
Visitor

re: My Moderator Application: Vash

Post by Android 17 »

I am very critical when I view moderator applications, and I have to say no here. I didn't like the style of your post, that is, you had too many typos and bad grammer/sentence set up, and I don't like that. What you said was all very nice, but your many typos tell me a lot about you on the computer (no offence).

Many moderators on other forums, and myself, take time and care about how we present our posts, you havent. Sloopy posters don't make good mods in my eyes.

Please take this as a piece of useful criticism rather than an insult. :)

La Tua Cantante
Absolute Otaku

Re: re: My Moderator Application: Vash

Post by La Tua Cantante »

Android 17 wrote:I am very critical when I view moderator applications, and I have to say no here. I didn't like the style of your post, that is, you had too many typos and bad grammer/sentence set up, and I don't like that. What you said was all very nice, but your many typos tell me a lot about you on the computer (no offence).

Many moderators on other forums, and myself, take time and care about how we present our posts, you havent. Sloopy posters don't make good mods in my eyes.

Nice. Good reasons. But typos? come on, everyone makes typos, no one is perfect :P
I want your lungs to stop working without me.
<3Love has no limits

Android 17
Visitor

Post by Android 17 »

Maybe so, but this is the one time when people have to do their very best not to make typos. I would have ignored it elsewhere though. :)

Vash
Uber Otaku

Post by Vash »

I know how to behave and how to post as a mod for i am already one in a big forum with many active users ;) ( Link: http://www.sdc-forum.de/showgroups.php german though but my nick there's Vash too)

But nonetheless you were honest 8)
Anner <3
\,,/

La Tua Cantante
Absolute Otaku

Android 17 wrote:Maybe so, but this is the one time when people have to do their very best not to make typos. I would have ignored it elsewhere though. :)

I see :-k I'll keep that in mind next time :lol:
<3Love has no limits

Vash
Uber Otaku

Post by Vash »

arg, now i get what typos are oO" (I had to use a translation program for that since i didn't know the word). Wait a sec, I normaly check my posts 2 or 3 times of grammar mistakes before i send them because I hate it when posts are unreadable because of the grammar. My english is correct and you can't accuse me of bad grammar. I refuse to accept that, not because i am german and my english may sometimes sound a bit weird but because I use to watch my grammar and the correct spelling of the words and check everything before I send it.
Last edited by Vash on Dec 04, 2005 6:19am, edited 1 time in total.
Anner <3
\,,/

La Tua Cantante
Absolute Otaku

Vash wrote:arg, now i get what typos are oO" (I had to use a translation program for that since i didn't know the word). Wait a sec, I normaly check my posts 2 or 3 times of grammar mistakes before i send them because I hate it when posts are unreadable because of the grammar. My english is correct and you can't accuse me of bad grammer. I refuse to accept that, not because i am german and my english may sometimes sound a bid weird but because I use to watch my grammar and the correct spelling of the words and check everything before I send it.

Thats why I really didn't agree with his posts.. but ok :P
<3Love has no limits

Hey
Visitor

Post by Hey »

Android 17 wrote:I am very critical when I view moderator applications, and I have to say no here. I didn't like the style of your post, that is, you had too many typos and bad grammer/sentence set up, and I don't like that. What you said was all very nice, but your many typos tell me a lot about you on the computer (no offence).

Dude... I honestly can't see how spelling or grammer would effect his abilities as a mod, and isn't that what we're considering here...? How well he could handle the task?
I don't know if you've noticed, but we already have moderators who aren't the best when it comes to grammer and spelling (ahem.... sometimes mei...but I still like to think that I do an *ok* job... 6_6")

lol, so no hard feelings Android 17 k's? that's just how I see things, but I still respect your opinion.

geishaboy
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by geishaboy »

Shouldn't that be "grammar", "sloppy" and "haven't"?

Raoul Duke
Absolute Otaku

Post by Raoul Duke »

Anna, correct syntax shows attention to detail and effort, aswell as intelligence and ability to communicate.

We don't want inarticulate spammers on the moderator team, not that I am suggesting that Vash is.

Vash is in the top 10% of people for having good grammar, sentence structure et cetera.

And I don't mean to be a Boastful Borris, but along with webmaster and 芸者男の子, I'M THE VERY BEST! BECAUSE I NEVER, EVER, EVER MAKE MISSTAKES.

...no seriusly I don't.

PS: Unless it's on purpose. :wink:

Hey
Visitor

Post by Hey »

Locke wrote:Anna, correct syntax shows attention to detail and effort, aswell as intelligence and ability to communicate.

We don't want inarticulate spammers on the moderator team, not that I am suggesting that Vash is.

Vash is in the top 10% of people for having good grammar, sentence structure et cetera.

And I don't mean to be a Boastful Borris, but along with webmaster and 芸者男の子, I'M THE VERY BEST! BECAUSE I NEVER, EVER, EVER MAKE MISSTAKES.

...no seriusly I don't.

PS: Unless it's on purpose. :wink:

Hmmm, yes well we all know that you're perfect burrito. :mrgreen:

And I'd still like to disagree to some degree (not about Vash being the best though :mrgreen: ).

"Anna, correct syntax shows attention to detail and effort, as well as intelligence and ability to communicate."

- BUT incorrect syntax could also mean that they speak English as a second language, in which case it certainly wouldn't mean that the person is dumb, lacks the ability to communicate or etc etc.

P.S. Good one 芸者男の子.

Mai

Post by Mai »

"P.S. Good one 芸者男の子."

lmao.
I felt like a race horse in a world without racetracks or a champion college footballer suddenly confronted by Wall Street and a business suit, his days of glory shrunk to a little gold cup on his mantel with a date engraved on it like a tombstone.

Vash
Uber Otaku

Post by Vash »

Somehow it seems to me that he was just angry that his application was terminated and now he was looking for a reason to say no to mine :-k . And the only thing he found were some stupid typos in some of my posts :crazy: . I take that as a proof that there is nothing else about me to complain about 8) \:D/
Anner <3
\,,/

Mai

Post by Mai »

Vash wrote:Somehow it seems to me that he was just angry that his application was terminated and now he was looking for a reason to say no to mine :-k . And the only thing he found were some stupid typos in some of my posts :crazy: . I take that as a proof that there is nothing else about me to complain about 8) \:D/
Don't worry man! Your application was the shizz...awesome..down to earth..grand..great? It was the shizz with a tad bit of awesome with a scent of down to eart a splash of grand and a hint of great. 8-[ Yea... I vote you for da moderator of..new?
I felt like a race horse in a world without racetracks or a champion college footballer suddenly confronted by Wall Street and a business suit, his days of glory shrunk to a little gold cup on his mantel with a date engraved on it like a tombstone.

Captain Jack Sparrow
Absolute Otaku

Post by Captain Jack Sparrow »

I agree with Mai :P Your doing great and like Mai A.K.A "Pimpiest of all Pimps" said your app is the shiz and it still iz ma brother from anotha motha so remember your doing a good application :mrgreen: \:D/
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) Lance-Corporal 兵長 Heichō
Cherry Darling is my awesome AA Sister :pirate:
Mew Vanilla's Personal Bodyguard :]
Bambi = My Pimp >:P Biki and Hikaru. = My Wives ;D
Zack Attack is my Puerto Rican brutha 8)

Android 17
Visitor

Post by Android 17 »

Nice post, Locke.

I think we all know now, Vash seems to have problems with some grammer, and there is no point in putting a "i" where should be an "I" and coming back to me to say "There is nothing wrong with my grammar." Your spelling is ok, Bash, but I see many aspects of your posts that you could work on before becomming mod.

And 芸者男の子, well done on noticing, I wanted to see who would be paying close enough attensnion to notice, and you did, so well done. That proves my point that spelling and grammar are noticed and taken into account.