No comment
16%

Total votes: 19

Mistress of Yaoi
Uber Otaku

My Moderator Application: Mistress of Yaoi

Post by Mistress of Yaoi »

Ok so this is my moderator application,

First of I have been a member of AA for quite a long time and I know all the rules.

Also I am strongly against flamers, dont get me wrong construnctive critism is ok, but flaming can be nasty and hurtful. Now in most the sub forums this does not happend but in the hentai forum (in particular yaoi and yuri threads) people are writting comments like, how wrong and sick, or how it is against god and if you watch this you will go to hell, and me as well as a few other users are really anoyed with these comments.

If someone is not a fan of either yuri or yaoi they should not go in these threads and insult those who like them.
hey AA guess who's back from the grave out of boredom, lets be friends k?

Lestat69_99
Absolute Otaku

Re: My Moderator Application: Mistress of Yaoi

Post by Lestat69_99 »

Sorry I voted no... Wait I got numbered reasons!!!!

1~ Your application basically ends after the third sentence where it turns into a complaint against flamers. That should be handled elsewhere...

2~ Being a member for along time and knowing all the rules doesn't really explain how you can change things for the better. Truthfully I'm not convinced you can handle the job.

3~ (whispers) Spelling!!! Hurry up and edit before the spelling nazi's come after you!!!!
"Well, look who's back...Show him why we call it "SPLATTERHOUSE'."
Terror Mask

日本最大級のポータルサイト。検索、オークション
Visitor

Post by 日本最大級のポータルサイト。検索、オークション »

Ah, so looking from this application I learned most of these things...

-You don't like people in the hentai forums that say something against you or your friends which often happen, therefor you wish to become a moderator (Which means that you would probably mostly be in the hentai forum).

What I didn't learn in this application and should've learned...

-What will you do in the future if you become moderator (yeah that above was my guess but that's what it seems like.)?

-Who are you?

-Why should you be moderator? (Add alot more, being strongly against flamers won't do it)

Oh yeah and one more thing to comment...your last point...In a discussion, there are both negative comments about something and positive so basicly, it's a difference in opinion. You can't tell people not to come there because they don't think like you about that subject. That also means that you can't handle negative critisism...then you should definitly not become moderator since moderators are the center of critisism.

So, I will not vote yet, but if you can edit and fix it and persuade me or convince me, I shall vote "Yes" for you. If not, then it is a "No" from me.

Pr1celess
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Pr1celess »

Lestat69_99 wrote:Sorry I voted no... Wait I got numbered reasons!!!!

1~ Your application basically ends after the third sentence where it turns into a complaint against flamers. That should be handled elsewhere...

2~ Being a member for along time and knowing all the rules doesn't really explain how you can change things for the better. Truthfully I'm not convinced you can handle the job.

3~ (whispers) Spelling!!! Hurry up and edit before the spelling nazi's come after you!!!!

LOL. Agreed 100%.. No from me.
It's only funny, until someone gets hurt.. Then its freakin hillarious.

Proud member of Wolfe's Pirate Crew :)
:pirate:

Pride
Visitor

Post by Pride »

Lestat69_99 wrote:Sorry I voted no... Wait I got numbered reasons!!!!

Agreed. Sorry I voted no.

Pyro Psycho

Post by Pyro Psycho »

Mistress of Yaoi wrote:Ok so this is my moderator application,

First of I have been a member of AA for quite a long time and I know all the rules.

Also I am strongly against flamers, dont get me wrong construnctive critism is ok, but flaming can be nasty and hurtful. Now in most the sub forums this does not happend but in the hentai forum (in particular yaoi and yuri threads) people are writting comments like, how wrong and sick, or how it is against god and if you watch this you will go to hell, and me as well as a few other users are really anoyed with these comments.

If someone is not a fan of either yuri or yaoi they should not go in these threads and insult those who like them.

I know it sucks when it goes against us fans. But sadly they're entitled to their own opinion >___>;; So I voted no opinion. Sorry hun.
i told yuo about stares dog

Lucia Skyfire
Ex-Moderator

Post by Lucia Skyfire »

Owch, thats gotta sting. Only 5 replies thus far, and ALL of them are negative. I personally don't like Yaoi, but that's because I'm the smallest bit homophobic, and it just scares me silly. Yuri is slightly more acceptible to me. Don't ask why - I'm just male.

I've gotta say, you could easily have just copied and pasted your "Reasons" for being a moderator from practically any other application. "I have been a member of AA for quite a long time and I know all the rules" and "I am strongly against flamers" mean nothing to me. Practically EVERYONE says that. I am looking for dedication and reliability. Sorry, thats another "No" Here.
I need to watch things die, from a distance.
Vicariously, I live while the whole world dies.
You all need it too, don't lie.

Mistress of Yaoi
Uber Otaku

Post by Mistress of Yaoi »

wow all you people are way harsh *sweatdrop*
hey AA guess who's back from the grave out of boredom, lets be friends k?

Lucia Skyfire
Ex-Moderator

Post by Lucia Skyfire »

Get over it. If you wanna be a mod, you've gotta take criticism with a stiff upper lip. My criticism and that of the other users is half of the test.
I need to watch things die, from a distance.
Vicariously, I live while the whole world dies.
You all need it too, don't lie.

Cybertron Norcinu
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Cybertron Norcinu »

>_< Sorry Mistress, but as a friend I have to act honest...

I found your application a bit short, it was centered only around flamers and the spelling could be better. You should also add much more on the who, what and a more in depth why you want to become a moderator as Albel stated. Plus the way you replied to our constructive critisim sounded a bit childish.

As a moderator you have to set an example and be able to take in critism calmly as Lordi has said. Sorry, but I voted a "no".
Stormsangel forced me I swear.

Violin_Melodies♥15
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Violin_Melodies♥15 »

*sigh*Ok.Where to start.

It's not that your application was horrible,I mean you had the title correct as well as your poll,but there was no substance to it. SOMETIMES I tend to be quite the English(aka writing/grammar)person so I noticed your spelling and grammatic errors instantly. I found 8 of them in total,9 if you count the ending comma for one of the sentences. I know, you're thinking"she's criticizing me for commas?" but people in this forum can criticize anything they want because they want a moderator who will be responsible.Someone who is a smooth talker,who writes really well would probably do better in settling an argument than someone who wrote something like"Heyy you.I wold lke yuo to stpo".Don't you think?The people you're talking to won't take you seriously.I mean,I wouldn't even take you seriously.

And as far as what you wrote in your application,wow.Thats far behind what you need to have. Ok you hate flamers,I like that.What else can I like about you?Do you hate spammers? Are you willing to check all forums for signs of trouble? Are you popular amongst the people? Are there changes you want to make? Tell me then I will make a decision.For now the answer is no.

If you want to see example of people who did AMAZING in their applications(or were at least able to stick around long enough to give reasons or excuses for errors)

Delancy_15(Panda) was my personal favorite.She had style and she was a smooth talker.Yes she had grammar mistakes as well but she people we too dazzled to notice.Thats what you have to be dazzling.

Slash was a smooth talker,used a few bigger words than most people,he made public note of the fact that he doesn't have alot of posts and he responded to everyones criticism

Honey_Bee14's application,I mean you just read it and it sounds kind and heartfelt. And it was creative how she used hearts to mark parts of her application. I mean she even EARNED a yes from Lordi.(read the application you'll see what I mean.Page two I think)

Hisagi Shuuhei(aka Albel the Wicked)'s application was great because it was light.Not light as in short,light as in easy to read. He's been a mod before so he used that to his advantage to bring up good points about himself then he talked about things he would like to do again in AA.

I mean you could have a REALLY good application if you just actually tried.Your application looks like it took you 5-maybe 10 minutes at the most to write.Honey_Bee is a friend of mine(sister in law actually) and she said it took her a good 45 minutes to write her because she was so focused on doing it right.
Im in love with him..

La Tua Cantante
Absolute Otaku

Post by La Tua Cantante »

Yeah...I'm going to have to say no. My reasons other users have said.

[spoiler]And a random thing, how do you get that "Americans are homophobes and racist". And why would you sign out of the chat after you say that?
Not all americans are homophobes and are racist, just for the record.[/spoiler]

I know that wasn't part of the this topic but had to say it.
I want your lungs to stop working without me.
<3Love has no limits

[Batman]

Post by [Batman] »

Wow. o_o;

So...much...wrong...with...application...

Don't get me wrong. I mean, you're a cool person. It's just the application is...shall we say...meaningless beyond the reasons?

Well, here's how we start this comment of mine.

First of all, your application is WAY too short! Do you know how long it took to write mine? As Violin_Melodies said, it takes time to write an application, not just 5-10 minutes. :x

Second in line, you have only one reason to become mod, basically. You hate flammers, alright. That's great. One quality. Wooptie freaking do. Annnd, about the Yoai section? What about that? Do you plan to stop it? Personally, I don't even take that as a reason. All I take that is, is a statement. What i'm trying to state, here, is that you need more reasons. WAY more reasons. =;

Third, you don't use proper grammar. Commas, periods, and such are required to be a moderator. Nobody likes a moderator with unreadable, horrid, and non-understandable english. Try and work on that, eh? ](*,)

Last but not least, the fourth reason. ALWAYS make a friendly and interesting first sentence before the application. Like, "Thank you all for taking the time to read this." or "I would appriciate if you would please read this application.". :-k

That's basically all that's wrong in my eyes. The rest already got you sacked. :) 8)
:]
Sam (Nelly) is my friggen shweet wife.
"Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling."
batman? mod? what?

Mew Vanilla
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Mew Vanilla »

Mistress I think I know you but this appicaltion does lack a lot of things. You really only talked about a couple of things and I know you can do better than that. Were you nervous when you typed this? I know you can do better Mistress. :]
i fly like paper, get high like planes.
there's only one me in the galaxy, im an endangered species -lil jackie
Captain Jack Sparrow is my personal bodyguard
[Captain Jack Sparrow] : people will really get intimidated!

Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku

Post by Commander Sparx »

I say no, because you didn't clover much, but you can get better. you where nervous and to be a mod you have to be stern and ready for all kinds of flaming and spam you’re spelling is better then mine so I give you created for that. And the application was only about flame wars, witch I can tell you don't like. But moderating isn't about banning people that start flame wars. You have to take time off a think though it very carefully it also takes effort, don't takes sides always talk to the one who starts it first. You been here for the time and have the post but they really mean too much what is good you didn't brag about them.

Do you have exserance?

You should did more paragraphs on, why do you want to become a mod, what do you think will make you a good mod, will you make the site a better place. And other stuff like that.

Also you have to be quite active around the forums.

Naruto's post above Soccerbabii's was a very good example.

I hope you don’t get offended by this post I have made I’m simply trying to help you. You should read the people’s post that have said “no” because then you can pick up on useful information and on what you have done wrong and what you have. You’ll only get better, that’s only if you try.

If you have got lot better or even a little you still did some thing right? People will have stuff to say about my post but that’s when you come in, I’ll see how you deal with flaming with two different people. (But then agene I might not happen. But it usually dose) I’ll be also looking to see this tread here and there.

Final word, try you’re best and at the end of the day see what you become.

By Commander Sparx.
Commander Sparx from Planet Delta First commando of the Central base, Long live the Sliver Blades!