My Moderator Application: Demyx (the real one)

Would I make a good moderator?

Yes, you would
57%
No, you wouldn't
35%
No Opinion
8%

Total votes: 37

Demyx
Visitor

My Moderator Application: Demyx (the real one)

Post by Demyx »

Hello. My name is Kelly. Its nice to meet you, in case I don't already know you. You'll often find me in the RPs, but I also like to mosey around the rest of the site here and there. Usually checking out what's posted in the music and video game section as well as mindless chit-chat. Occasionally I can be found in the chat.

I think I should start with a brief introduction to better acquaint (Sp?) you with me. I have loved anime and manga since I was in fifth grade, and started taking Japanese when I entered High school. I passed Japanese I and am currently in Japanese II. I can be very civilized and polite, and try to be for the most part. Although, I believe people see me as rude sometimes because I prefer to speak my opinion openly and I usually do it with not-so-great grammar. I do tend to abbreviate things, but usually only when I am pressed for time. I try to make myself as understood as possible, and to correct any misunderstandings that might arrise from my statements. If I become a Mod, I will refrain from sharing my opinion unless I feel it is needed or it will not cause any harm. I try to think about what I say and who will hear it/be affected by it at the time and into the future. I will also work on not abbreviating so much so that everyone can understand what I mean.

I have been on Absolute Anime for almost a year now, and have learned a lot about the site and its people. I've also come to know many people, and have become friends with them. I know what's appropriate on the site, and what isn't, and I try to keep it rated appropriately. I am also moderating on another site, although it is just starting out, and the link to this other site can be found in my signature under "Click this. Do it now."

I know I haven't always been the best person around, and some people might remember that we didn't start out on the right foot (Of course, they might not remember at all with how many name changes I've had. << comic relief), but I have improved. If I realize that I've hurt someone's feelings, I try to apologize and make things right. I'm sincere, even if it doesn't always seem like it. I work hard to keep good relationships with my friends, and make new ones while I'm at it. I'm not discriminating of people. I've been through enough, in elementary school and up to now, to know what it feels like to be excluded, picked on, and completely shut out and alone. I am not looking for your sympathy with this, I am only looking to prove that I know how it feels. Although I can't prove it with physical proof here, I'm hoping I can get the benefit of a doubt. If I do happen to run into a person I dislike, and it is hard to get me to dislike a person for anything other than a good reason, I try to remain calm and avoid a confrontation. I admit, there are times when I slip. I'm not saying I'm perfect here, no one is, and everyone deserves a few mishaps. I believe that everyone deserves a fair chance, along with second chances. I'm willing to give everyone three or four chances so long as they make an earnest step towards making it better. I hope people will do the same for me.

I would like to help make the site a better place for everyone. As I'm sure everyone else would like to do as well. I'm happy just being here on AA, and whether I become a mod or not, I will try to do my best to do better as a user.
Please put any type of criticism in response to this application. Good, Bad, or nothing at all. Put anything you feel you want me to know down.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and have a nice day.
Last edited by Demyx on Jan 28, 2008 3:03pm, edited 15 times in total.

Aiden
Absolute Otaku

Re: My Moderator Application: Vampire Ryuji

Post by Aiden »

yeah i don't have time to read but i believe in you Demyx...GO DEMYX GO!

i felt like saying go diego go.
(RAH)Ā² (AH)Ā³ + RO (MA + MAMA) + (GA)Ā² + OOH(LA)Ā²

The Brown-Eyed Boy
Absolute Otaku

Post by The Brown-Eyed Boy »

i say yes. *has a stash of muffins* MUFFINS FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry, ive been obsessed with muffins lately :heh: and i dont konw why :heh:
Name: Tucker
Zero says: Everything is FAAABULOUS!!!!!

Demyx
Visitor

Post by Demyx »

Thank you. lol.

::Ibn La-Ahad::Inxanity
Absolute Mega-Insane Otaku

Post by ::Ibn La-Ahad::Inxanity »

Hmm...Vampire Ryuji..Kelly you evil girl you actually made a Mod app i'm proud of you ^__^ goodluck with it though as for my vote I Yes hell I think you would make a great mod my friend!You have your hyper moments and you can be a pain in the arse sometimes but your helpful but no yelling if you do become a mod or i'll hurt you =O anyways Ryuji is my friend,shes smart,kind(Sometimes)and very helpful(in a way)and I think the brat(Ryuji)would make a great mod.(said it several times now)

Demyx
Visitor

Post by Demyx »

*rubs her neck.* Thanks, Neko.

::Ibn La-Ahad::Inxanity
Absolute Mega-Insane Otaku

Post by ::Ibn La-Ahad::Inxanity »

call me SK lol

Trishina
Absolute Otaku

Post by Trishina »

I don't know you too well so no opinion.
They say"practice makes perfect" but "nobody is perfect" so why practice.

Baby Duck
Uber Otaku

Post by Baby Duck »

what happened to my comment?!?! I voted yes but said no.
May the mountains rise against you
May the forests block your path
May your axes chip and shatter
And know it is my Wrath

Cheshire Cat
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cheshire Cat »

GO DEMY! WOOT!
They live in you,They live in me. They're watching over,Everything we see. In every creature,In every star. In your reflection,They live in you"-Mufasa

josh :)
Uber Otaku

Post by josh :) »

One more woman cleaning up after me can't hurt!
My Facebook Profile Add me as a friend if you want :)

Cheshire Cat
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cheshire Cat »

You know what "jimmy" stop being an ass. GO DEMY! WooT!
Last edited by Cheshire Cat on Sep 28, 2007 8:34am, edited 1 time in total.
They live in you,They live in me. They're watching over,Everything we see. In every creature,In every star. In your reflection,They live in you"-Mufasa

Demyx
Visitor

Post by Demyx »

Thank you all for voting and your comments.

Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

i'm on no opinion at the minute. although i am not gonna waste my vote on such a pointless thing in a poll (seriously Ken...)

i havn't seen you around much. mainly due to time difference, and you seem to stick in the RP area also. what we really need is some evidence that you can handle some of the situations that occur elsewhere. most of the arguments (that mods can actually HELP with) are in music, due to difference's in opinion and no one respecting opinions, Off Topic, where it can be quite busy, especially where ethical and moral ideas/opinions are voiced, and in the various anime areas, as there are some really pointless and often repeated threads. (even though it can be hard moving them due to red tape.)

another thing that converns me is your ammount of time here. its not a year yet, so i am not sure if you know all of our regular nuisence's. its kinda obvious who they are, but it's a good thing to keep an eye on them.
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
See you on the battlefield...

josh :)
Uber Otaku

Post by josh :) »

Ryth wrote:but it's a good thing to keep an eye on them.

It isn't really. :)
My Facebook Profile Add me as a friend if you want :)

Cheshire Cat
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Ryth wrote:i'm on no opinion at the minute. although i am not gonna waste my vote on such a pointless thing in a poll (seriously Ken...)

i havn't seen you around much. mainly due to time difference, and you seem to stick in the RP area also. what we really need is some evidence that you can handle some of the situations that occur elsewhere. most of the arguments (that mods can actually HELP with) are in music, due to difference's in opinion and no one respecting opinions, Off Topic, where it can be quite busy, especially where ethical and moral ideas/opinions are voiced, and in the various anime areas, as there are some really pointless and often repeated threads. (even though it can be hard moving them due to red tape.)

another thing that converns me is your ammount of time here. its not a year yet, so i am not sure if you know all of our regular nuisence's. its kinda obvious who they are, but it's a good thing to keep an eye on them.

Dont worry about her not knowing the pests of the site. i often keep her informed. i really thik my Demy-Kun will make a good mod