My Moderator Application: Demyx (the real one)

Would I make a good moderator?

Yes, you would
57%
No, you wouldn't
35%
No Opinion
8%

Total votes: 37

Demyx
Visitor

Re: My Moderator Application: Demyx (the real one)

Post by Demyx »

I would just like to say that I appreciate people's opinions, and I'd like to add that this is a perfect example of these guys's targeting. Because I voted 'no' on The Evil Russel Crowe's mod application, which I believe was not even serious but a mockery of those who submit real applications (Although I did find it rather funny, as I do many things on AA), I have been targeted and therefore mercilessly and unfairly targeted for their abuse. Needless to say, I know that the Webmaster does not pay attention to these votes, but I'd like to say that I do have a sense of humor. I just believe that my humor is not in direct connection to any of this. This is a serious mod app, and I'd appreciate it if people would take it as such. Thank you.

Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku

Post by Gaming Goddess »

There's no such thing as a "serious mod app". This is an internet forum, not the UN
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3

x_Sakura_Haruno_x
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by x_Sakura_Haruno_x »

Hn, I know I seen you a few times in the chat. I saw you the other day..I never got to see all of your posts yet. so when I do go over your posts, I wll edit over this and type in what I voted. Well, I see most of it is from Roleplay. So I will vote yes. And some of it isn't horrible either. Just remember, if you get angry or upset, just logout of chat or the forums.
Old name = Kikyou-chan <3
[**Orihime and Tatsuki Club**] - Founder.

Demyx
Visitor

Post by Demyx »

Thank you, Sakura.

Jasse
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Jasse »

Demyx wrote:I would just like to say that I appreciate people's opinions, and I'd like to add that this is a perfect example of these guys's targeting. Because I voted 'no' on The Evil Russel Crowe's mod application, which I believe was not even serious but a mockery of those who submit real applications (Although I did find it rather funny, as I do many things on AA), I have been targeted and therefore mercilessly and unfairly targeted for their abuse. Needless to say, I know that the Webmaster does not pay attention to these votes, but I'd like to say that I do have a sense of humor. I just believe that my humor is not in direct connection to any of this. This is a serious mod app, and I'd appreciate it if people would take it as such. Thank you.

It's actually we, the moderators that have the biggest hand in who get's to become moderator, not Ken. Just thought i'd tell yah that and everyone else reading so you all know who to suck up to :wink:
Dick Nasty wrote:DickSandwich
Jesus Christ wrote:ur a mastermind
Gaming Goddess wrote:I know, I know. I'm just messing. You've always been able to please me sexually Jasse

x_Sakura_Haruno_x
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by x_Sakura_Haruno_x »

Jasse wrote:
Demyx wrote:I would just like to say that I appreciate people's opinions, and I'd like to add that this is a perfect example of these guys's targeting. Because I voted 'no' on The Evil Russel Crowe's mod application, which I believe was not even serious but a mockery of those who submit real applications (Although I did find it rather funny, as I do many things on AA), I have been targeted and therefore mercilessly and unfairly targeted for their abuse. Needless to say, I know that the Webmaster does not pay attention to these votes, but I'd like to say that I do have a sense of humor. I just believe that my humor is not in direct connection to any of this. This is a serious mod app, and I'd appreciate it if people would take it as such. Thank you.

It's actually we, the moderators that have the biggest hand in who get's to become moderator, not Ken. Just thought i'd tell yah that and everyone else reading so you all know who to suck up to :wink:

The reason why the Moderators decide is because Ken hardly ever posts around in a ton of forums, and other things that keep him busy.The Moderators talk to most of the members here. Because most of the time Mods are more active than Ken.
Old name = Kikyou-chan <3
[**Orihime and Tatsuki Club**] - Founder.

Jade_Steel_Hawk

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

That was kind of obvious. :|
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."

Aiden
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aiden »

please as long as the issues with haters and what nots are resolved AA will be a much better place. You will do the world of AA a huge favor.
(RAH)Ā² (AH)Ā³ + RO (MA + MAMA) + (GA)Ā² + OOH(LA)Ā²

Jasse
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Jasse »

Lol..."world of AA", haha.
Dick Nasty wrote:DickSandwich
Jesus Christ wrote:ur a mastermind
Gaming Goddess wrote:I know, I know. I'm just messing. You've always been able to please me sexually Jasse

Jamie Madrox
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Jamie Madrox »

sure i'll vote for ya
most nights i lie awake in bed... gazing upon the stars.
untill i realize and wonder....?
where the hell is my roof???

Seras

Post by Seras »

OKAY PEOPLE OFF TOPIC! And thank you jasse for saying that comment about Ken and sucking up too.
First off, don't suck up to me. I may be a mod but if you suck up to me I will resent you.
Second, Ken is awesome so don't diss him about not being on as much as us mods. He's a hard worker when he gets on anywy so shush.
Third, time for actually judging you. Well it was a yes, till I saw you spamming others applications. I don't just mean Crowe's; wither it was serious or not. But Aidens. And... Oh geeze there was another one. I'll get the name for you later. Spamming, not that big of a deal right? haha but you were sorta desputing with another user on these people applications; including Crowe's even if to him it was a joke. oh yeah, no opinion, i'll actually post the vote when I'm sure that you would or would not.

Here's a tip for all people who want to become a mod, Behave. If you read the guidline thingies you would know that we have to set an example and therefore the rules are harder on us because we have to try hard not to break them. It ain't a walk in the park and if you want to be a mod, behave, follow the rules. yadayada, etc etc, you've heard this all before I'm sure, i'm just restating so it gets IMPRINTED into your memory :)
Now that I've settled down a bit, got knowledge of the land and have a routine set up I can finally get back to doing what I wanna do most... Can someone tell me what that is?

Demyx
Visitor

Post by Demyx »

Thank you, Seras.

Seras

Post by Seras »

Meh, it was all babble I'm sure, but no problem.
Now that I've settled down a bit, got knowledge of the land and have a routine set up I can finally get back to doing what I wanna do most... Can someone tell me what that is?

Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Its true, its why I could always tell who the next moderators will be though not exactly in the right order, all it is is a matter of being patient and waiting till you need it, trust me its really not as special as its made out to be :/.
Anyway during the waiting period the important thing you want to demonstrate is flexibility, if you're mod application is exactly the same as it is one month from today you're not making any improvements therefore not demonstrating if you are at all flexible.
The most important thing however is getting your name out there, its really difficult for people to make honest criticisms of you if they don't even know you, you really have to become an exhibitionist of sorts, so its really all in your hands how soon you become a moderator as you're not judged only inside of your application, once you apply it becomes like a button you wear every day that says "I'm trying to become one of those people who has the power to decide the fate of the threads and post you make, and although this is very limited, who gets suspended and etc.

So yeah the important thing to remember is that you reap what you sow.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"

Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Pennyroyal Tea wrote: Its true, its why I could always tell who the next moderators will be though not exactly in the right order, all it is is a matter of being patient and waiting till you need it, trust me its really not as special as its made out to be :/.
Anyway during the waiting period the important thing you want to demonstrate is flexibility, if you're mod application is exactly the same as it is one month from today you're not making any improvements therefore not demonstrating if you are at all flexible.
The most important thing however is getting your name out there, its really difficult for people to make honest criticisms of you if they don't even know you, you really have to become an exhibitionist of sorts, so its really all in your hands how soon you become a moderator as you're not judged only inside of your application, once you apply it becomes like a button you wear every day that says "I'm trying to become one of those people who has the power to decide the fate of the threads and post you make, and although this is very limited, who gets suspended and etc.

So yeah the important thing to remember is that you reap what you sow.

I agree. :D
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.

Slash
Uber Otaku

Post by Slash »

Oh boy, another long and well thought-out application. I really wanna flex my non-constructive criticism muscle but you guys are really making it hard for me.

I'd like to correct one thing first though. Just 'cuz you're a mod doesn't mean your opinions shouldn't be known. The real importance is in not being too hostile or abrupt when giving them.

I see that you are moderating another site, but it seems like you know how to split your time appropriately. I've seen too many conflicting interests in would-be mods that would prevent them from doing a good job, but it seems like you're loyal here.

I took the liberty of browsing through your recent posts to see the credibility of your content, and everything checks out. Good job.

Just from reading, it looks like you may have, at some point, run into some trouble with the natives. It's good to see that you're willing to admit some mistakes and offer to start over again. Whether just to win some browny points, or a sincere heart-felt statement, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

I have more to say, but lucky for my keyboard it's late, I'm tried, and I have work tomorrow. Your application was very professional and really showed effort. Another 'yes' from me.

Damn, I must be getting soft in my years...
"Yeah, that's right. Turd Ferguson. It's a funny name."