My Moderator Application: Demyx (the real one)

Would I make a good moderator?

Yes, you would
57%
No, you wouldn't
35%
No Opinion
8%

Total votes: 37

Neon_Genesis
Uber Otaku

Re: My Moderator Application: Demyx (the real one)

Post by Neon_Genesis »

Gaming Goddess wrote:There's no such thing as a "serious mod app". This is an internet forum, not the UN

Some people have priorities in the wrong areas. Take Demyx for example. She might commit suicide if she ever has to leave AA.
People don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

Demyx
Visitor

Post by Demyx »

*sigh* That's a horrible statement to make. Where my priorities are, or ever have been or will be, is absolutely none of your business at this point in time, now are they? And I certainly would not commit suicide just because I'd have to leave AA, for whatever reason. My life does not circulate around this forum or any other internet site. I go to school five days out of seven most weeks, and am working towards going to the tech college here to get a small business degree. I want to own a cafe. Why would I ruin my life by dying? Some people just don't know what they're talking about.

Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

actually Demyx your "priorities" are the very things that come under fire in a mod app. Your priorities are very important because it tells the other users what things you find most important. It tells others what things you will deal with and try to solve the fastest.

for example: Hypothetical - on AA there is a large flame war going on but at the same time there is a crude joke that is greatly upsetting a large number of users......your priority is which one takes precedence/which one you would handle/deal with first. that is very important when choosing a mod.

Example - critically wounded people take "priority" over minor wounds
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.

Athos.
Rookie Otaku

Post by Athos. »

Demyx wrote:*sigh* That's a horrible statement to make. Where my priorities are, or ever have been or will be, is absolutely none of your business at this point in time, now are they? And I certainly would not commit suicide just because I'd have to leave AA, for whatever reason. My life does not circulate around this forum or any other internet site. I go to school five days out of seven most weeks, and am working towards going to the tech college here to get a small business degree. I want to own a cafe. Why would I ruin my life by dying? Some people just don't know what they're talking about.

It's called a joke, and does not need such a long rebuttal.

Demyx
Visitor

Post by Demyx »

I know what you're trying to say, Aoi-san, but I meant my RL priorities. I do not believe my RL priorities have anything to do with AA priorities. I should have been more clear with that.

And I don't care if it was a joke. It was wrong to say such a thing.

Athos.
Rookie Otaku

Post by Athos. »

Good to see you're not one of those uptight people.

Bovinagina
Visitor

Post by Bovinagina »

Sarcasm isn't needed in a mod app Chump pain.

Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Bovinagina wrote:Sarcasm isn't needed in a mod app Chump pain.

You knew it was sarcasm, so obviously he is uptight :)
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.

Athos.
Rookie Otaku

Post by Athos. »

Bovinagina wrote:Sarcasm isn't needed in a mod app Chump pain.

You're sooooo clever!

Jade_Steel_Hawk

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

As a mod, you should be able to take jokes well. [-X
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."