9%
no opinion
5%

Total votes: 22

Spetsnaz
Absolute Otaku

My moderator application: xPositive Tensionx

Post by Spetsnaz »

Greetings to all AA members! My name is John I am formerly known as Twilight Demon and I've been on this site for two years

The main reasons are the same as my terminated application although with a few changes:

I decided to apply is that I've come to notice that AA has been swarmed by foul mouthed users who do not understand that there are minors present and even with the adult discussion threads the flamings seem to get out of hand and there aren't enough mods to stabilize these cases and even though the current mods are doing a good job I feel that I must do something to help out.

I am known by a lot of users and after giving a lot of thought about it and reading the rules time and again I've decided to apply for the position which I feel I am well qualified since I am a mod on a forum called Death's Doorway and an admin on a Naruto Forum so I'll know how to handle not only the troublemaking users but the CP as well.

Despite my rather normal conversations while in the live chat, my forum moderations are very strict and I react at the slightest sign of flaw in both non mods and mods taking the necessary methods to solve anything a full proof method that has caused no problems and was no reason of complaint by the users of my 3 other forums in which I am a moderator in one, a super moderator in another and an admin in the last one.

I have never been suspended neither here nor anywhere else but I received a warning or two but the ones who made them would rather put emotions ahead of their work. In not the one to talk because due to a....unfortunate scenario in real life I tend to have trust issues and let my anger take control resulting in unecessary punishments.
I have my ups and downs like everyone else and those downs tend to take over but thanks to some people I have learned not to take my rage out on anyone blaming them for something they did not do and punishing them without reason.

Despite some unfortunate occurings that may have happened here on AA on my behalf I am in fact a friendly, helpful and highly intelligent person and I feel that combining these traits with my skills as a mod will certainly show that this is no lie.

I am on most of the time and usually at a time where there are no mods "patrolling" AA so to speak so I'd be able to keep a lookout on things making sure everything stays as it is: In an orderly manner.
When it comes to new users I will gladly help anyone, especially those who do not understand or do not feel comfortable around AA, because of other members or some of the AA's features, through PM's and I am also very patient so there won't be any trouble should I need to point out every detail that there is to know about this anime community.

Under no circumstances will I offend anyone unless provoked or offended as well

As a final note:

please if you're going to decline my application, try to explain why and possibly make some constructive criticism. If anyone posts something considered unhelpful or offensive it will be ignored
I loves meh Bambi
HOT! handle with care

Everyone has an enemy. It's why God gave us baseball bats. Well, He gave us trees, but we knew what He meant.
xXKairi-kunXx
Master Otaku

Re: My moderator application: xPositive Tensionx

Post by xXKairi-kunXx »

I think that you would be a cool mod. At least you're mature enough and for as long as I've known you...you've been honest and responsible. You may of had some bumpy spots I haven't heard about quite yet, but I'm too hungry to worry about that right now ^^ GOOD LUCK!.....twinkie
Emo Neko, Remu,Pageantgirl

My AA daughter, My AA son, My Baby Girl
Cloud Leonhart
Absolute Mega-Insane Otaku

Post by Cloud Leonhart »

Hmm...based on some of the things you've done, and what's written here...I'm gonna have to go with a...no opinion for now. Let's see how you act, and I'll base my decision on that. ^_^
Spetsnaz
Absolute Otaku

Post by Spetsnaz »

xXKairi-kunXx wrote:I think that you would be a cool mod. At least you're mature enough and for as long as I've known you...you've been honest and responsible. You may of had some bumpy spots I haven't heard about quite yet, but I'm too hungry to worry about that right now ^^ GOOD LUCK!.....twinkie
Thanks Kairi. About those bumpy spots, it's not like everyone hasm't got them right? :D
I loves meh Bambi
HOT! handle with care

Everyone has an enemy. It's why God gave us baseball bats. Well, He gave us trees, but we knew what He meant.
AnitaGuida
Master Otaku

Post by AnitaGuida »

Of course you will be a great moderator. A nice and kind person and a sweet friend, what can we ask for more? :D
Spetsnaz
Absolute Otaku

Post by Spetsnaz »

AnitaGuida wrote:Of course you will be a great moderator. A nice and kind person and a sweet friend, what can we ask for more? :D
Awww that was so sweet thanks. I would expect nothing else from you :D
I loves meh Bambi
HOT! handle with care

Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

This is going to be a big shock to you, but it's a yes from me. Despite our differences.. I see that you would make a fit moderator.. Also this application has surpassed your old one, a lot. :mrgreen: =D>

Well.. I guess lets go through your application, hm? :?

xPositive Tensionx wrote:Greetings to all AA members! My name is John I am formerly known as Twilight Demon and I've been on this site for two years
Alright.. acceptable but you didn't have to state the "two years" part, it shows your join date.

xPositive Tensionx wrote:The main reasons are the same as my terminated application although with a few changes:

I decided to apply is that I've come to notice that AA has been swarmed by foul mouthed users who do not understand that there are minors present and even with the adult discussion threads the flamings seem to get out of hand and there aren't enough mods to stabilize these cases and even though the current mods are doing a good job I feel that I must do something to help out.

Everyone sees this, and I believe that you would do a good job, as well. :twitch:

xPositive Tensionx wrote:I am known by a lot of users and after giving a lot of thought about it and reading the rules time and again I've decided to apply for the position which I feel I am well qualified since I am a mod on a forum called Death's Doorway and an admin on a Naruto Forum so I'll know how to handle not only the troublemaking users but the CP as well.
Not to sound rude or anything.. but.. Who cares about your experience? This is about AA, not other forums. And I know, as well as others, that you can handle yourself. especially when it comes to trouble. :-"

xPositive Tensionx wrote:Despite my rather normal conversations while in the live chat, my forum moderations are very strict and I react at the slightest sign of flaw in both non mods and mods taking the necessary methods to solve anything a full proof method that has caused no problems and was no reason of complaint by the users of my 3 other forums in which I am a moderator in one, a super moderator in another and an admin in the last one.
Mostly normal.. but it can get out of hand. :(
Chill out about the flaws though, theres no such thing as the "perfect moderator" we all have flaws. We're human.. give us a break. :roll:
Stop talking about the other forums! :lol: ](*,) :-$

xPositive Tensionx wrote: I have never been suspended neither here nor anywhere else but I received a warning or two but the ones who made them would rather put emotions ahead of their work. In not the one to talk because due to a....unfortunate scenario in real life I tend to have trust issues and let my anger take control resulting in unecessary punishments.
I have my ups and downs like everyone else and those downs tend to take over but thanks to some people I have learned not to take my rage out on anyone blaming them for something they did not do and punishing them without reason.
Well.. thats good.. about the suspension! =D> But you really need to work on your anger.. I'm not sure if it's ONLY me, but you have been a little too harsh lately.
Last paragraph.. not completely true.. You know what I'm talking about.. :-"

xPositive Tensionx wrote:Despite some unfortunate occurings that may have happened here on AA on my behalf I am in fact a friendly, helpful and highly intelligent person and I feel that combining these traits with my skills as a mod will certainly show that this is no lie.
I agree.. 8)

xPositive Tensionx wrote:I am on most of the time and usually at a time where there are no mods "patrolling" AA so to speak so I'd be able to keep a lookout on things making sure everything stays as it is: In an orderly manner.
When it comes to new users I will gladly help anyone, especially those who do not understand or do not feel comfortable around AA, because of other members or some of the AA's features, through PM's and I am also very patient so there won't be any trouble should I need to point out every detail that there is to know about this anime community.
First paragraph.. I agree, you are on a lot, but not too much to be pathetic. And you are good keeping things the way they are.. You have settled things before in live chat. :D
Second Paragraph.. You're too helpful.. :x Nah joking.
You deserve this position, you're very helpful.
You're not THAT patient.. but yeah.. Most of the time you are. And.. that's admirable.. that you'll point out "every detail"

xPositive Tensionx wrote:Under no circumstances will I offend anyone unless provoked or offended as well

As a final note:

please if you're going to decline my application, try to explain why and possibly make some constructive criticism. If anyone posts something considered unhelpful or offensive it will be ignored
:( You've offended people before.. But.. I'm sure you didn't mean to.

And.. who would decline an application this good? :)
They shouldn't! And if they do..! :x

(Thank you, Mai, for teaching me how to post in a moderator application. Haha!)
Last edited by Hardcore on Oct 07, 2007 10:06am, edited 1 time in total.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
Spetsnaz
Absolute Otaku

Post by Spetsnaz »

I....I am speechless. Lust you...you voted yes and approved what I said despite our argument. I don't know what to say. Thanks Sam :( :cry: :cry:

I AM TOUCHED I AM CRYING NOW! ](*,)
I loves meh Bambi
HOT! handle with care

Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

xPositive Tensionx wrote:I....I am speechless. Lust you...you voted yes and approved what I said despite our argument. I don't know what to say. Thanks Sam :( :cry: :cry:

You're welcome.. part of being a moderator is learning to control your anger.. I am very upset at you, but nevertheless your application is far superior than your last one.. And I respect your effort.
If you didn't deserve the vote. I wouldn't of given it to you. Simple as that.
:?
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
Spetsnaz
Absolute Otaku

Post by Spetsnaz »

Lust. wrote:
xPositive Tensionx wrote:I....I am speechless. Lust you...you voted yes and approved what I said despite our argument. I don't know what to say. Thanks Sam :( :cry: :cry:

You're welcome.. part of being a moderator is learning to control your anger.. I am very upset at you, but nevertheless your application is far superior than your last one.. And I respect your effort.
If you didn't deserve the vote. I wouldn't of given it to you. Simple as that. [/b[/size
]]:?

Nevertheless I consider it an act of mercy and I am grateful :cry:
I loves meh Bambi
HOT! handle with care

DJ ÑÎÑJÅ
Visitor

Post by DJ ÑÎÑJÅ »

Yes. No questions asked. You've been here almost as long as I have, (over 2 years!)

The application was not only honest, but it also addressed many points that have been eating this site away for over a year.

You're also very helpful, you are MORE than active enough...

THIS is what a moderator should be. a VETERAN that shows promise. =D>
Spetsnaz
Absolute Otaku

Post by Spetsnaz »

:mrgreen:
I loves meh Bambi
HOT! handle with care

Mik3

Post by Mik3 »

I think eveyone deserves another chance, and I don't see why you wouldn't make a good mod.

Ive also known you for a long time and on the most part, youve been a good person and friend.

Good luck, in time I hope you get it twi.
I remembered my password.
Spetsnaz
Absolute Otaku

Post by Spetsnaz »

Mik3 wrote:I think eveyone deserves another chance, and I don't see why you wouldn't make a good mod.

Ive also known you for a long time and on the most part, youve been a good person and friend.

I was surprised u didn't become one urself. I'm rooting for ya :mrgreen:
I loves meh Bambi
HOT! handle with care

Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Mik3 wrote:I think eveyone deserves another chance, and I don't see why you wouldn't make a good mod.

So do I.. You and Twi desperately need to get it.
Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku

Post by Commander Sparx »

I say 'Yes'.
Commander Sparx from Planet Delta First commando of the Central base, Long live the Sliver Blades!