No votes

Total votes: 21

Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

My Moderator Application Aoi Sakuraba

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Hello

Reasons for Applying:

I believe that I am more than active enough to be online when someone has a problem, and will attempt to solve those problems to the best of my ability.

I realize that moderators are supposed to set a good example for other members to follow. I also realize these "examples" we set will and often come under fire.

I have a large sense of right and wrong, and always attempt to do the right thing without being too tough or too lenient.

I am very friendly and love talking to others. Any person can talk to me and become a friend.

I try my best to be kind and curtious to everyone I meet, as well as use the best spelling and grammar I possibly can.

I think that I am mature and intelligent enough to handle the moderator power without abusing them.

I try my best to browse the forum and chat as a whole. I post pretty much everywhere and try to look at the new topics as much as I can, even if I don't post in a thread I try to at least read them.

*Regardless of your vote whether it be: yes, no, or no opinion, please explain why you chose it so that I may better myself in those areas.

Thank you very much for reading my moderator application, and I look forward to everyones votes and posts
Last edited by Aoi Sakuraba on Aug 14, 2008 5:49pm, edited 2 times in total.
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.

scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Re: My Moderator Application Aoi Sakuraba

Post by scorpionwarrior »

I vote yes. Your are a very active member. Your posts are great (proper grammar and spelling). You're nice to everyone. And you don't flame.

That's all I can think of right now.
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27

Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Thanks for the vote Mat.

It seems we have a mystery voter, a vote without a post, I wonder who it could be......
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.

Jessie-Kah
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Jessie-Kah »

I think you would be a great mod. You are friendly to everyone and will talk to everyone as well i have seen a lot of your post around which means that you will try and post where you can which is good. You dont spam or anything like that, and i think you will make a good mod. Thats all i can think of right now sorry :mrgreen: :D
Maybe its not my weekend
But its gonna be my year
And im so sick of watching while the minutes pass as i go nowhere
And this is my reaction, To everything i fear
Cause ive been going crazy i dont want to waste another minute here

Kaoru Hanabishi
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Kaoru Hanabishi »

I vote yes because she's active, friendly, helpful, honest and loving person.

First, Aoi chan is always posting alot in topics and threads that she's are actively involved with. Even the threads she dont usually post in, she read and put across her own opinion maturely.

Second, Aoi chan talks to people in chat all the time and being online alot. She's always communicating and reaching out to people on this forum. At the beginning we didn't know many people, but now we know many people on the site due to her friendly attitude. Even users that didn't get on so well are now friends, because she can put things in her past (which i think is important for a mod to not hold grudges).

Third, she's always willing to help others out whether from personal problems to interest/hobbies related problems. Even if is not something she know very well, she try and find a way to help if she can.

Fourth, Aoi chan is a very kind and caring person who looks after others. She's also open minded about her opinion, which we don't find alot these days as some tend to hide their views and talk about others else where.

That's pretty much the main ones... to carry on i dont think there would be a thread left for votes ;)
(*Bleach 101 Army*) - Recruit

Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Thank you for the votes Jessie and Kaoru

Zabo
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Zabo »

Aoi wrote:I believe that I am more than active enough to be online when someone has a problem, and will attempt to solve those problems to the best of my ability.

From what I've seen, you do hold this tidbit to be true in your activities while on the forum. But also know that taking sides isn't always the best way to end an argument, so remember to stay a neutral party; which I've seen you have issues with before (The whole Aiden thing comes to mind at times.)

Aoi wrote:I have a large sense of right and wrong, and always attempt to do the right thing without being too tough or too lenient.

What do you mean by large sense? Does this mean that you have more of a greyed sense of black and white, right and wrong? How do you know that your sense of right and wrong is the same right and wrong that is in the best interest of the site?

Aoi wrote:I am very friendly and love talking to others. Any person can talk to me and become a friend.

Again this is treading thin ice, because being friendly and close to some members may create a tendency for taking bias in an argument. Not such a good thing IMO.

Aoi wrote:I try my best to be kind and curtious to everyone I meet, as well as use the best spelling and grammar I possibly can.

Good, not quite important to the whole Mod thing, but good to have.

Aoi wrote:I try my best to browse the forum and chat as a whole. I post pretty much everywhere and try to look at the new topics as much as I can, even if I don't post in a thread I try to at least read them.

Good, this is what it means to be a moderator. Keeping tabs on threads now kind of gets you into the game of looking for the beginnings of fights and spam/flame threads.

But while this is all nice and good, what do you think you can bring to the site's Moderating team, and to the site as a whole?

Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

To answer your first question of what "a large sense of right and wrong" is: I believe that I have a code of morals which is somewhat universal in life. As well as knowing the difference between what is and what isn't appropriate, what can and can't be done on an internet site such as this.

As to your last question, it isn't very clear what you mean; What do you mean by "bring to AA"? As far as I know mods don't bring anything to the site, they uphold and enforce the rules as well as mediate between member disputes without bias.

I hope this will clear up a few things for you.

Master InuYasha
Absolute Otaku

Post by Master InuYasha »

I vote yes because you always help me when I have problems and are kind and a very intelligent person

Zabo
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Zabo »

You may disregard that last part, Aoi. From what I'm seeing, it may not apply to this site. I will hold off my vote for now, until I see fit a proper choice.

Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

It hasnt been three months.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.

Demyx
Visitor

Post by Demyx »

Aoi Sakuraba wrote:I realize that moderators are supposed to set a good example for other members to follow. I also realize these "examples" we set will and often come under fire.

Its good that you understand this, but can you tell us what kind of example that you believe you would set?

Aoi Sakuraba wrote:I have a large sense of right and wrong, and always attempt to do the right thing without being too tough or too lenient.

Aoi Sakuraba wrote:To answer your first question of what "a large sense of right and wrong" is: I believe that I have a code of morals which is somewhat universal in life. As well as knowing the difference between what is and what isn't appropriate, what can and can't be done on an internet site such as this.

Its great that you have a sense of right and wrong, and know the rules and what's appropriate. But the code of morals you mentioned, what are they? Can you be just a little more specific about them? Maybe give a few examples of these morals?

Aoi Sakuraba wrote:I think that I am mature and intelligent enough to handle the moderator power without abusing them.

I've spoken to you a few times, and you are very mature and intelligient, but I'm not sure I'd completely trust you as a mod yet. You are prone, from what I've seen here and there, to small, neigh harmless fits of anger or immaturity, and do not always react in the best sense.

All in all, I'm pretty undecided. I won't vote until I'm sure one way or another, but good luck all the same.

Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Demyx -

To your first issue - The example to set would be one of maturity of coarse, but also an example of it's ok to have fun and joke around. I'm not the type of person to be overly strict or too lenient, I try my best to find even ground.

To your second issue - Morals would be such things as giving a person respect even if he/she hasn't earned it and keeping that respect until said person does something to break it. You will never see me try to be above anyone, but at the same time I won't let them put me beneath them.

As to the last issue - I will admit Demyx I'm not perfect, in fact far from it. I have my moments like every other person.(usually around a certain time of the month) I do however try to keep those moments to a minimum.

Demyx
Visitor

Post by Demyx »

Thank you. You're response to my questions is to a desirable effect, and boosts my confidence in you, but I'm not sure quite yet. Excuse me if I'm putting you on the spot and interrogating you a bit, but I'm just trying to make sure of these things. I'm sure you understand.

Where would even ground be with you, might I ask? How far would a 'joke' have to go before it crosses the line?

I don't believe that you should respect everybody when they haven't earned it, but this is my opinion and that's yours. I just want to point this out: Respect should be earned, not given. No matter who it is, or why.
That being said, I will move on.

Its fine that you try to keep those moments to a minimum, and I understand that people have moments. But as a mod, these moments are not allowed. What will you do to completely neutralize these and prevent them? What are you planning on doing if you, indeed, cannot keep yourself under control?

Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Demyx wrote:Where would even ground be with you, might I ask? How far would a 'joke' have to go before it crosses the line?

A joke would be going too far when it is overly cruel or disgusting, when it starts to upst a number of members (no this does not mean 1 or 2, as it would not be fair if the opinion of 1 or 2 people could over ride the opinion of many)

Demyx wrote:I don't believe that you should respect everybody when they haven't earned it, but this is my opinion and that's yours. I just want to point this out: Respect should be earned, not given. No matter who it is, or why.

If this were the case there would only be like a dozen members who have earned respect, I believe in giving the benefit of the doubt.

Demyx wrote:Its fine that you try to keep those moments to a minimum, and I understand that people have moments. But as a mod, these moments are not allowed. What will you do to completely neutralize these and prevent them? What are you planning on doing if you, indeed, cannot keep yourself under control?

I believe you are thinking too much into the "perfection" of a mod because it is fact that no person is perfect and no person can be perfect. No one can completely eliminate their flaws it just isn't possible, I will however try my best to be as "perfect" as humanly possible.

I would also point out that if these "moments" are NEVER allowed then no person on AA could be a mod, not even webmaster as we are all human and all have our flaws.

Demyx
Visitor

Post by Demyx »

I accept your answer of the first one, but I have one more question on that particular topic. It is, of course, against the rules to call people names or insult them. If one of these 'Jokes' insulted one or two people severely, what would you do?

I think you've appropriately answered the second topic, even if I do not totally agree. I also believe in benefit of a doubt, and I understand, so its good enough.

And for the last one, I think you're overthinking what you said I'm overthinking. I don't believe mods are perfect, and I've seen the imperfections as I'm sure anyone else has. Or rather, everyone has ideals and some mods don't fit into them as well as others. I realize no one is perfect, and I wouldn't want you to try to be. It would ruin the good person that you are now.

I was not saying the moments are not allowed, I am merely asking what you would do to try and minimize them so as not to lose face as a good moderator. And if you were to accidently, say, insult or hurt a person by what you may have said because of an outburst, what would you do to fix it?