11%
No Opinion
No votes

Total votes: 27

Hallow
Absolute Otaku

Re: My Moderation Application: Athos

Post by Hallow »

I just hope that if you do become a mod you won't encourage the trouble makers like some of the other mods do.
When life gives you lemons you make lemonade, but I say "LEMONS! Screw you life I want some freaking cherries."
I AM CANADIAN
[divinephoenix is my sexy genie]
This sig is owned by [L is my only letter]... She's also my sexy cat girl.

º-Tenshi_Karasu-º

Post by º-Tenshi_Karasu-º »

In my opinion, it's about time you applied.
I believe you will become an exelent moderator, you're app is very well writtena nd well structured, your attitude and behavior are a great example to follow and you have already provided the current mods some precious help.

All in all I think you have what it takes to be a good mod as long as you're prepared for the adversities that come with it.
º-Tenshi_Karasu-º - 天使 烏
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147 ... karasu.jpg -Yep this is TK

"Yes...Nothing says evil quite like womany eyeliner..." -YGO Abridged

Athos

Post by Athos »

Hallow Ichigo wrote:I just hope that if you do become a mod you won't encourage the trouble makers like some of the other mods do.

A Moderator's duty is to discourage such behavior.

º-Tenshi_Karasu-º wrote:In my opinion, it's about time you applied.
I believe you will become an exelent moderator, you're app is very well writtena nd well structured, your attitude and behavior are a great example to follow and you have already provided the current mods some precious help.

All in all I think you have what it takes to be a good mod as long as you're prepared for the adversities that come with it.

Well I believe I'm ready for anything.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
Non in Legendo Sed in Intelligendo Legis Consistunt~
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -DILBERT

Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Athos wrote:I, Athos, am running for a position as a Moderator because it has come to my attention that Absolute Anime is in need of a different kind of Moderator, one that can provide leadership and help maintain order throughout the forums and threads.

I have been a member of this site for approximately two years. Since joining, I have never spammed, nor have I ever been banned or suspended from this site. I will admit that I have argued back with some users in the past, and simply, there is nothing I can really say to justify my reactions.

I also want to make it clear that if I were to become a Moderator, that it is a serious and delicate task. To me, being a Moderator means being the Webmaster's assistant in enforcing the rules of this site, and to warn members of their conducts. In addition, in becoming a Moderator, I understand that it will mean to choose to do the right thing in any given situation, even if it means making some friends angry.

Furthermore, I also understand that I were to become a Moderator, that I would loose the so-called 'privilege' of spamming, arguing, etc...In my eyes, these are not privileged. No where in the rules does it say that a user is entitled to do such actions, rather, they are prohibited.

Finally, I am also able to work with people in a consistent and professional matter. I know that some of you might disagree to the above statement. However, in my defense, no one here has seen me in a professional capacity. I work with a variety of personalities in the past few years, as being an public servant, a cadet commander, and a customer service clerk.

I hope that you will find me fit to become a Moderator. If you have any questions, please post your questions here, or feel free to PM me, and I will answer your questions as soon as I can.

If we made mods based only on their applications, then you would definitely get it.

But I can't say I know you well enough to say yes, despite the fact that you have a million more post than me, I rarely see you around doing any sort of posting, and I don't really know you beyond a few words exchanged here and there.

So I'm going to reserve judgement, I'll enjoy speaking with you in the future though.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"

Nyx
Absolute Otaku

Post by Nyx »

Honey, you have my vote. You've supported me, you're mature, and you'd be a good mod. Good luck mon ami.
AA Sibs: Coin-Boy, Casual, Biki, Tyche
AA Hubbies: EL, Kura, AOH I wuv my hubbies. All 3 of them. <3
AA X-mas Pressy: Cloud AA Luv: Cold
AA Child: Dogboy, Pervert. AA Grandchild: Master InuYasha
That'll do fangirl, that'll do.

Kibsy~
Uber Otaku

Post by Kibsy~ »

I am voting, yes, most definitely. I could think of no one better =]. The fact that you managed to get me to come into the Mod Apps Section is proof enough.
I rarely tread into this area but I believe you would make the perfect Mod.
You are a great friend, you always follow the rules and I'm sure there are heaps of others who will or already look up to you as much as I do ^^
{The Kibster has returned once more} =3
"There is a difference between wisdom and knowledge:
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is being smart enough not to put tomato in a fruit salad." ;]

Athos

Post by Athos »

Pennyroyal Tea wrote:
Athos wrote:I, Athos, am running for a position as a Moderator because it has come to my attention that Absolute Anime is in need of a different kind of Moderator, one that can provide leadership and help maintain order throughout the forums and threads.

I have been a member of this site for approximately two years. Since joining, I have never spammed, nor have I ever been banned or suspended from this site. I will admit that I have argued back with some users in the past, and simply, there is nothing I can really say to justify my reactions.

I also want to make it clear that if I were to become a Moderator, that it is a serious and delicate task. To me, being a Moderator means being the Webmaster's assistant in enforcing the rules of this site, and to warn members of their conducts. In addition, in becoming a Moderator, I understand that it will mean to choose to do the right thing in any given situation, even if it means making some friends angry.

Furthermore, I also understand that I were to become a Moderator, that I would loose the so-called 'privilege' of spamming, arguing, etc...In my eyes, these are not privileged. No where in the rules does it say that a user is entitled to do such actions, rather, they are prohibited.

Finally, I am also able to work with people in a consistent and professional matter. I know that some of you might disagree to the above statement. However, in my defense, no one here has seen me in a professional capacity. I work with a variety of personalities in the past few years, as being an public servant, a cadet commander, and a customer service clerk.

I hope that you will find me fit to become a Moderator. If you have any questions, please post your questions here, or feel free to PM me, and I will answer your questions as soon as I can.

If we made mods based only on their applications, then you would definitely get it.

But I can't say I know you well enough to say yes, despite the fact that you have a million more post than me, I rarely see you around doing any sort of posting, and I don't really know you beyond a few words exchanged here and there.

So I'm going to reserve judgement, I'll enjoy speaking with you in the future though.

Thank you very much for your compliment about my application.

Well, like I've said, I left the forums because I was expecting to be appointed to the Juvenile Justice Commission. If I was appointed, it would have consumed a lot of my time and energy.
However, since I was not appointed, I recently came back to the forums. The only differences
that I have noticed thus far is the attitudes of some of the users have changed as well as some other users have left.

However, I'll do my best to create the chance to become better acquainted.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -DILBERT

divinephoenix
Absolute Otaku

Post by divinephoenix »

A YES from me!

At last you finally applied for being a mod! I know you'll be a great mod. You're disciplined and you make wise judgments in decisions you make.
Please check out my Mod App
See my Drawings ^_^
Hallow Ichigo is my Master and I am his genie ^^

Athos

Post by Athos »

divinephoenix wrote:A YES from me!

At last you finally applied for being a mod! I know you'll be a great mod. You're disciplined and you make wise judgments in decisions you make.

Well, if people would have told me sooner, I probably would have done it XD. I didn't think I would have gained this much support.

Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

Athos wrote:

Well, if people would have told me sooner, I probably would have done it XD. I didn't think I would have gained this much support.

Although you get support here, there will always be a minority that simply don't like you cause you are a mod.

I think you can handle that.

Athos

Post by Athos »

+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:
Athos wrote:

Although you get support here, there will always be a minority that simply don't like you cause you are a mod.

I think you can handle that.

I think so too. When I was promoted to C/First Lieutenant a small faction of my unit didn't like me because I was an officer. However, over time, some got past that difference, and others didn't like me because I was an officer...Sure didn't stop me from performing my duties, and from there on, I only went up.

Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Commander Sparx wrote:Well Athos I think you will be a remarkable, maybe as good at Dre. I can give reason on why I vote ‘yes’ but I’m a little tried at the moment. But rest assure there are many reason why voted ‘Yes’.

However, I have one quick note; you need to become more active if you wish to succeed in becoming a great Moderator. Also I heard that you were going to leave the forum and only be part of the Chat. What does this comply?

[spoiler]Says the man who spams the forum, then whines when somene threatens to edit every post that has the spammy "indeed" in it :)[/spoiler]

No opinion yet. You're a decent person, but I'm not sure you're fit for the job. I'll stop by later.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.

Athos

Post by Athos »

Nelly wrote:
Commander Sparx wrote:Well Athos I think you will be a remarkable, maybe as good at Dre. I can give reason on why I vote ‘yes’ but I’m a little tried at the moment. But rest assure there are many reason why voted ‘Yes’.

However, I have one quick note; you need to become more active if you wish to succeed in becoming a great Moderator. Also I heard that you were going to leave the forum and only be part of the Chat. What does this comply?

[spoiler]Says the man who spams the forum, then whines when somene threatens to edit every post that has the spammy "indeed" in it :)[/spoiler]

No opinion yet. You're a decent person, but I'm not sure you're fit for the job. I'll stop by later.

...What are you talking about?

bOi
Rookie Otaku

Post by bOi »

WOW!!very good mod app bro =O!

-Very professional
-Good puncuation,grammar,spelling etc....
-and good reasons

my friend I VOTE YES!!!!!!!!
>_> >_< <_<

The Evil Russell Crowe
Uber Otaku

Post by The Evil Russell Crowe »

Hallow Ichigo wrote:I just hope that if you do become a mod you won't encourage the trouble makers like some of the other mods do.

STOP LYING YOU FOOL!!!
I see a little silhouetto of a man...

Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

[size=84] Congratulations.

And I quoted the wrong person.
I meant to quote Hallow Ichigo.

Sorry Athos.
:)
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.