36%
No Opinion
8%

Total votes: 25

Demyx
Visitor

My Moderator Application: Demyx

Post by Demyx »

Hello everyone! My name is Kelly, otherwise better known as Demyx, and I'm pretty sure a lotta people know me around here. Even if its not very well. I'm 16 years old, and despite my username, I am a girl. lol.

I've read different things in different mod apps, and from what I can tell, point-form is easiest, fastest, and (I'm not sure, but) most appreciated by those reading. So that's how I'm going to do it. Hey, I can always come back and change what I need to. Add on and stuff. Blah blah blah. Okay, onwards.

1) I have fairly decent grammar, spelling, and punctuation. I try not to abbreviate things too much, but if I'm posting while at school, its sometimes needed due to time restraints. Otherwise, I actually dislike abbreviating things too much because its annoying. I try to spell correctly, and I usually point it out if I don't know how to spell a word or I'll substitute a word of the same meaning. You will see "Teh" alot, because I often type quickly without going over my post. I try to when I have time, but eh, what's one teh here and there.

2) I have internet at home. For me, this is a biggy, because it used to be that I didn't have it and I had to go to my public library, meaning I couldn't always get on. Now, I'm usually on in the evenings, and can be easily reached through PMs. I also have my IM addresses, both Yahoo and MSN, on my profile. If you need anything, please feel free to contact me anyway you see fit.

3) When I first came on AA, I mostly stayed in the Roleplaying section (the bulk of my post count), but over the last few months, I began skimming through other sections. Including, but not limited to: mindless chit-chat, off topic, music, video games, and a few of the different anime sections. Given the time, I also stop in the chatroom every now and then.

4) After a year on the site, I feel like I know the rules and guidelines fairly well. I have never been suspended or warned, and I follow the rules. I believe I am mature when it comes to important matters, and I try to be mature even in unimportant matters. Though, that said, I am not ALWAYS mature. A flaw, some might say, but I'm only 16 too. I can be mature, and that's the point.

5) I try to avoid arguments, and if I am in one, I normally try to resolve it peacefully. I like to make friends, and I don't hold grudges. I actually tend to forget if someone's ever done something to me, or vice versa, and I'm usually very upbeat.

Lastly, I'll put my reasons for wanting to become a mod. I want to help out where I can, and make AA a better place. The two weeks also helped me better understand what is and what is not acceptable. (Seeing as I secretly logged on as a hidden member and read several things posted. I tried to keep up while not actively posting. This encouraged a better neutral standpoint from which I could observe.) I know that it is a lot of work, and I can be a very dedicated and loyal person.

I accept all criticism, good or bad, but if you're about to put "No opinion" because you "don't know me very well", please save your vote and PM me if you're serious about it. I'm always open to new people, and I don't discriminate.

Well! Thank you for reading, if you vote, leave a comment with it so we know why you voted like that. Hopefully I'll talk to you later. Toodles. :3
Last edited by Demyx on Apr 02, 2008 5:16pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Evil Russell Crowe
Uber Otaku

Re: My Moderator Application: Demyx

Post by The Evil Russell Crowe »

Haven't you already put up several mod apps?
I see a little silhouetto of a man...
Demyx
Visitor

Post by Demyx »

Uhm. No. I had one previous mod app which I decided needed to die.
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Post by scorpionwarrior »

I won't vote....yet, I want to see if the 2 weeks away made a difference.

Anyway...Your app is great. Spelling and grammar is great. The only problem I have about it is (being a lazy person I am with reading) is too long. But good nonetheless.
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27
Jade_Steel_Hawk

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

I'm with Scorp...I'll wait a bit before voting. :wink:
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
Jasse
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Jasse »

I won't read this one because I got such a bad impression from your last one. You could never be mod.
Dick Nasty wrote:DickSandwich
Jesus Christ wrote:ur a mastermind
Gaming Goddess wrote:I know, I know. I'm just messing. You've always been able to please me sexually Jasse
Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku

Post by Commander Sparx »

But there is always room to improve, just because Demyx did a so called ‘Crappy’ Moderator application ‘last time’ doesn’t mean it will be ‘crappy’ this time around.

I think it is good that Demyx has tried for a second shot.
Commander Sparx from Planet Delta First commando of the Central base, Long live the Sliver Blades!
The Evil Russell Crowe
Uber Otaku

To be completely honest i have to agree with the swede on this one. It's a no from me.
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

It's a "no" from me:

I've seen alot of bias from you when your friends are involved and a mod needs to be fair to everyone and not be constantly siding with their friends. You are easily swayed by friendship and I've even seen you berate another user for not sharing your views and not getting along with your friend.

And I don't think that a person can just suddenly change the way they are so quickly, change takes time and I have yet to see these changes you speak of.
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Demyx
Visitor

Post by Demyx »

Aoi, I understand what you're saying, and I totally respect that.

I just would like to say that two weeks isn't a sudden change. I spent quite a bit of time thinking on my actions and applying them to everyday life, and realized I'd made a critical error. Call it an Epiphany, if you will.
Jasse
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Jasse »

The Evil Russell Crowe wrote:To be completely honest i have to agree with the swede on this one. It's a no from me.
Ofcourse you do, I'm your hero aren't I? :)
Gaming Goddess wrote:I know, I know. I'm just messing. You've always been able to please me sexually Jasse
The Evil Russell Crowe
Uber Otaku

Jasse wrote:
The Evil Russell Crowe wrote:To be completely honest i have to agree with the swede on this one. It's a no from me.
You wish ya wanker.
Jasse
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Jasse »

The Evil Russell Crowe wrote:
Jasse wrote:
You wish ya wanker.
Naw, I love you too
Bovinagina
Visitor

Post by Bovinagina »

I'm sorry about this but I'm gonna wait too. I'll wait for a day when my brain and eyes feel like reading all that. Besides the fact aside from the last mod app. you went a little berserk and being you want to be a mod you should have taken the correct precautions or you should have let it slide. I relize I should do that more often as well.
Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku

Post by Gaming Goddess »

I'll vote yes if you can tell me what this is from

We've taken care of everything
The words you hear, the songs you sing
The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes
It's one for all and all for one
We work together, common sons
Never need to wonder how or why
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3
Demyx
Visitor

Post by Demyx »

lol. I actually forgot about that! Thanks for reminding me. Honestly, I had to look up the lyrics you put in on google, and then I went and looked up the song on youtube. I'll listen to more Rush, like I promised. ^ ^ Actually listening to it right now, but sh... spamming is evil. 2112 by Rush.