My Moderator Application: Demyx

Would I make a good moderator?

Yes, you would
14
56%
No, you wouldn't
9
36%
No Opinion
2
8%
 
Total votes: 25

Demyx
Visitor

Re: My Moderator Application: Demyx

Post by Demyx »

Pennyroyal Tea wrote:
Demyx wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:Shut up. I hate you. GO DEMY!!!! w00t!
I love you too, Badgy, but telling people to shut up is wrong. So is hating. Don't hate.
Hypocritical much?
I'd like to state my opinion that everyone is a hypocrite at some point. The fact is that some people will try to correct that, and some people will continue to make mistakes.

Trishina
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1106
Joined: Aug 27, 2006 8:23pm
Gender: Female
Location: under your bed
Contact:

Re: My Moderator Application: Demyx

Post by Trishina »

Cheshire Cat wrote:Shut up. I hate you. GO DEMY!!!! w00t!
Now this is a first somebody actually hates me. :D Okay then.
They say"practice makes perfect" but "nobody is perfect" so why practice.

Pennyroyal Tea
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2120
Joined: Oct 21, 2005 9:51am
Contact:

Re: My Moderator Application: Demyx

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Demyx wrote:
Pennyroyal Tea wrote:
Demyx wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:Shut up. I hate you. GO DEMY!!!! w00t!
I love you too, Badgy, but telling people to shut up is wrong. So is hating. Don't hate.
Hypocritical much?
I'd like to state my opinion that everyone is a hypocrite at some point. The fact is that some people will try to correct that, and some people will continue to make mistakes.
That's a p*ss poor excuse to justify your actions.

And you're wrong at that.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"

Jasse
Dragon Master Otaku
Posts: 459
Joined: Dec 11, 2006 10:13am
Gender: Male
Location: Sweden

Re: My Moderator Application: Demyx

Post by Jasse »

Pennyroyal Tea wrote:
Demyx wrote:
Pennyroyal Tea wrote:
Demyx wrote:
I love you too, Badgy, but telling people to shut up is wrong. So is hating. Don't hate.
Hypocritical much?
I'd like to state my opinion that everyone is a hypocrite at some point. The fact is that some people will try to correct that, and some people will continue to make mistakes.
That's a p*ss poor excuse to justify your actions.

And you're wrong at that.
ur face is wrong at that
Dick Nasty wrote:DickSandwich
Jesus Christ wrote:ur a mastermind
Gaming Goddess wrote:I know, I know. I'm just messing. You've always been able to please me sexually Jasse

Demyx
Visitor

Re: My Moderator Application: Demyx

Post by Demyx »

Pennyroyal Tea wrote:
Demyx wrote:
Pennyroyal Tea wrote:
Demyx wrote:
I love you too, Badgy, but telling people to shut up is wrong. So is hating. Don't hate.
Hypocritical much?
I'd like to state my opinion that everyone is a hypocrite at some point. The fact is that some people will try to correct that, and some people will continue to make mistakes.
That's a p*ss poor excuse to justify your actions.

And you're wrong at that.
Its not an excuse. I have no excuse for what I did. I know what I did was wrong, but you really can't go through life without making mistakes or being a hypocrite at some point. If someone somehow makes it through life without those, then they must not be human.

Pennyroyal Tea
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2120
Joined: Oct 21, 2005 9:51am
Contact:

Re: My Moderator Application: Demyx

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Everyone makes mistakes but no not everyone is hypocritical.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"

User avatar
Dretlin
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2898
Joined: Oct 29, 2004 8:00am
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Re: My Moderator Application: Demyx

Post by Dretlin »

Perhaps we should not punish someone for at least coming forward and admitting mistakes.

Everyone is guilty of being hypocritical at one point or another.

Trishina
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1106
Joined: Aug 27, 2006 8:23pm
Gender: Female
Location: under your bed
Contact:

Re: My Moderator Application: Demyx

Post by Trishina »

+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:Perhaps we should not punish someone for at least coming forward and admitting mistakes.

Everyone is guilty of being hypocritical at one point or another.
So we're doing the pardon thing?
They say"practice makes perfect" but "nobody is perfect" so why practice.

User avatar
Dretlin
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2898
Joined: Oct 29, 2004 8:00am
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Re: My Moderator Application: Demyx

Post by Dretlin »

Trishina wrote:
+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:Perhaps we should not punish someone for at least coming forward and admitting mistakes.

Everyone is guilty of being hypocritical at one point or another.
So we're doing the pardon thing?
Sure why not 8)

Pennyroyal Tea
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2120
Joined: Oct 21, 2005 9:51am
Contact:

Re: My Moderator Application: Demyx

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:Perhaps we should not punish someone for at least coming forward and admitting mistakes.

Everyone is guilty of being hypocritical at one point or another.
I don't forgive anyone until they show that they should be forgiven. Just saying "O I'm wrong" doesn't sit well with me because it's all just talk when they revert to the same behavior as they did previously.


She has apologized for things she's done in the past, and seemed sorry for it, but then went right back to what she was doing.

Of course my opinion is always subject to change.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"

Demyx
Visitor

Re: My Moderator Application: Demyx

Post by Demyx »

Pennyroyal Tea wrote:
+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:Perhaps we should not punish someone for at least coming forward and admitting mistakes.

Everyone is guilty of being hypocritical at one point or another.
I don't forgive anyone until they show that they should be forgiven. Just saying "O I'm wrong" doesn't sit well with me because it's all just talk when they revert to the same behavior as they did previously.


She has apologized for things she's done in the past, and seemed sorry for it, but then went right back to what she was doing.

Of course my opinion is always subject to change.
You're absolutely right, Pennyroyal. Forgiveness needs to be earned, and I don't blame you for feeling the way you do. I have only myself to blame.

But human beings are creatures of habit, and sometimes they forget to think or revert to prior behaviors on accident. Change happens with time, and if the person who wants change at least acknowledges their slip and tries to fix it, even when there is no proper fix, it at least means that they're making an effort, right? I'm just saying what I think.

Pennyroyal Tea
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2120
Joined: Oct 21, 2005 9:51am
Contact:

Re: My Moderator Application: Demyx

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Mistakes happen, however if you repeatedly show that you have failed to show any improvement, then why should you keep getting the chance? What's the point of apologizing for something you're not sorry for? Because if you were you wouldn't repeat the actions.

My votes go the the best candidates.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"

scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2466
Joined: Jan 30, 2007 8:10pm
Gender: Male
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: My Moderator Application: Demyx

Post by scorpionwarrior »

Demyx wrote:Change happens with time, and if the person who wants change at least acknowledges their slip and tries to fix it, even when there is no proper fix, it at least means that they're making an effort, right? I'm just saying what I think.
Not really, cause if they were trying, they wouldn't have the problem of having to fix their mistakes. Acknowledgement only means they know what they did was wrong, not that they will definitely stop what they did.

Change doesn't happen either, Improvement does. No-one changes they just Improve or Un-improve.
:cry: ::yawn:: :shock: (I just felt like using those new smileys before anyone else >_>)
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27

Demyx
Visitor

Re: My Moderator Application: Demyx

Post by Demyx »

Both of those are valid points. But Pennyroyal, I really am sorry for my behavior. That's the honest truth, and if you don't believe it, that's your choice. And I don't blame anyone for hating me or not believing me, because I've never believed I've earned anyone's trust. And I could care less about friggin votes at this point. These are my ideals and opinions, and I feel that I need to stand up for myself at this point.

Mistakes happen. And a lot of times, for some people, they happen alot. On accident. Sometimes its because we forget, or sometimes its because we just aren't thinking. Whatever the reasons we come up with, nobody cares. They see only the mistakes past and present, and then anticipate the mistakes yet to come. And really, there isn't any excuse for the things we've done. Even when someone is trying, even if they're trying their hardest, there's no guarantee they'll be able to live up to the standards set out for them. Sometimes, its because they're trying so hard that they slip. The constant pressure to do better sinks them. Be it grades, a job, chores, or anything else. Sometimes, people slip. And usually, if they're going to slip, it happens at the worst possible place/time/person.

Call it luck. Call it karma. Call it life. People mess up. And if people mess up, its usually horribly. I'm not just saying this to defend myself at this point, I'm trying to just... make a point. I don't care if none of you ever like me. I don't care if any of you hate me while you're on AA or if you even want to rip my head off and tear my guts out in real life. If you wanna find me and try it, go ahead. I don't care at this point, because I believe I probably deserve it. But if you're going to, at least say you've screwed something up. And everyone has, whether they wanna say or not. I don't care how you take this, because everyone interprets things differently. So I'll keep answering everything I can until I've run out of answers/ideals to explain how I feel/think. That's the way I am. Maybe I'm a sad, pathetic, little girl. Maybe I'm just screwed up. But at least I admit it. I'm not proud of what I've done, no. In fact, I can honestly say I regret those things, anything, that I've done. And I don't normally regret things, since life is only lived once. People don't really have time to regret things. But I'm proud to be who I am. Maybe that has nothing to do with this, but I felt I needed to say it, so I did.

I've never been very popular, and its probably for obvious reasons. Just take a look at my pic. Any normal person would run from that. And yes, that is me in the picture. And yes, I do wear that out in public. Just today, a few jocks commented on how my hat was the gayest thing they'd ever seen. They're lucky I didn't turn around and punch them. But what I'm trying to say is that I'd like your forgiveness, because its harder to live with a mistake when you know that everyone is blaming you. And yes, its selfish. But this is a selfish world. Everything that seems selfless is really based on selfish reasoning.

And now that I've given a totally dramatic, crappy speech on how I feel about all this that makes no sense what-so-ever...

scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2466
Joined: Jan 30, 2007 8:10pm
Gender: Male
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: My Moderator Application: Demyx

Post by scorpionwarrior »

=D> good on you for being unique. :)

Anyway, It's not about making mistakes, it's learning from them. I recently did something that I'm not happy with, but I have learned from it and that's all that matters. So in saying this, Think before you post something and keep in mind, you can also learn from other peoples mistakes.
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27

Demyx
Visitor

Re: My Moderator Application: Demyx

Post by Demyx »

I know that. I've known it for a long time, but I'm prone to being forgetful (as well as stupid, clumsy, and prone to accidents (usually severe and painful for me)) I try not to forget, but all too often I find myself in that position (once again, I am not trying to use this as an excuse. I am only pointing it out for those who do not know me well or don't understand this fact about me.) I've tried to keep in mind lessons that I learn, from small, stupid little things to major events gone wrong like this, and I'm going to try to do better. Trying harder now than I have been, obviously. And I hope that this time I can carry that resolve even after this is resolved. I'm really going to try.

Having a job, and being forced to do better at it (my boss threatened that if I don't improve, not only will I not get to work in the back (I really want to because the people at Taco John's are so cool) I'll be fired because its stupid to have someone around who's not pulling their weight. And I agree, and have been improving on that field.)

Locked