65%
No Opinion
8%

Total votes: 26

Lexin Kotetsu
Mobile Suit Otaku

My moderator application-Lexin Kotetsu

Post by Lexin Kotetsu »

Last edited by Lexin Kotetsu on Jul 03, 2008 9:24am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm here, I'm there, I'm everywhere but where I should be! Where is this?.... I can't remember!!!! Maybe that's why I'm not there.... hm....

Athos

Re: My moderator application-Lexin Kotetsu

Post by Athos »

I'm going to be honest here, and vote "no" [for now]. I think that you're still green and still need some room to grow.

Also, there is more to being a moderator than just supervising the chat room. Moderators supervise and monitor threads, and handle any disputes which may occur in both the chat room and the forums. And from what I know of you so far, you need to still learn how to navigate through the website, and maybe post more so that you get to meet people in the fourms, and get a "feel" for some of these users on AA.

I'll keep you in mind though. :)
Member of the ModSquad 8)

scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Post by scorpionwarrior »

I am also going to say No.

I've talked to you on chat and I don't think you're ready quite yet. You'll find the forums are quite different from chat and it takes some time getting used to them, especially with "certain" users =P

My advice, wait a while & get to know a few more people.
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27

Jade_Steel_Hawk

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

Lexin Kotetsu wrote:Hello, people of absoluteanime.com! My name is Lexin Kotetsu, the present captain of the 5th squad in the anime, Bleach. I feel like I should be a moderator because I can protect the web's chat from being spammed by useless ranting. If people say a bad word I will give them as much as two warnings before I have to restrict them for a temporary amount of time. I can protect almost all of teh people from these "bad apples " that are on the chat and being bad examples for the good people that like to have a nice conversation over anime, politics, dating, food, or anything else that wouldn't spam the website and i would also restrict anyone who used any cuss words except for the a word, h word, and d word, but would only be able to use them twice before they got there first warning. I hope that you enjoy this application, webmaster! I would love to become a moderator because I feel like I could make a big difference in the way people chat on other websites, and how they would chat here. You have a good day, webmaster!
I say no as well.
Your ranking as a 'captain' really doesn't mean anything to me. :?
People in chat will always be a problem. A mod can't be in there at all times.
Try better capitalization and grammar [at least in a mod application]...this is a bit hard to read.
Cuss words aren't always bad. It depends on how they're directed.
You're really new here. Wait a couple months.
Post more? If you're only in chat, you don't do the site much good.
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."

The Evil Russell Crowe
Uber Otaku

Post by The Evil Russell Crowe »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, you [censored] goody two shoes.
I see a little silhouetto of a man...

divinephoenix
Absolute Otaku

Post by divinephoenix »

I'd say a no. I can see you have good intentions for AA but you can't rely on just that. You have to get acquainted with the other users of AA and know how to deal with them. It isn't as easy as "Don't curse!" and people will follow you from that point on. Get respect of other users first, post a bit more.
Please check out my Mod App
See my Drawings ^_^
Hallow Ichigo is my Master and I am his genie ^^

Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

I'll vote yes if you give me a dollar.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"

Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku

Post by Gaming Goddess »

Who the [censored] is this?
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3

The Evil Russell Crowe
Uber Otaku

Post by The Evil Russell Crowe »

Gaming Goddess wrote:Who the [censored] is this?
Clearly some little [censored], who due to his ridiculous 'morals' has no life in reality and is Hell-bent on forcing people on the internet to subcribe to his ridiculous attitude.
I see a little silhouetto of a man...

Lexin Kotetsu
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Lexin Kotetsu »

Why don't you people like me... I can see about the fact that you guys tink that I should wait a while... I guess I will... I really want to be a moderator though.... I can do this site a lot of good by supervising the threads that are posted as well as the chat room. I think we should all get along here... I do hope that somebody votes yes for me... I may not fully know how to direct myself through this site... I acctually only came to this site in the first place so that I could look up info on Bleach... I guess I can wait for the webmaster's response. You guys are right, though. I do needto learn more about this site before I can start directing it... Sorry for the complications and confusion... I really should have waited... I guess I can't feel sorry for myself. Anyway, I do stil hope for the best! :D I hope, in time, you'll all see me as a good applicant for a moderator. And so, with this final statement, I bid you all good day. [-o< :-k 8-[ :beg:
I'm here, I'm there, I'm everywhere but where I should be! Where is this?.... I can't remember!!!! Maybe that's why I'm not there.... hm....

Jade_Steel_Hawk

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

The Evil Russell Crowe wrote:
Gaming Goddess wrote:Who the [censored] is this?
Clearly some little [censored], who due to his ridiculous 'morals' has no life in reality and is Hell-bent on forcing people on the internet to subcribe to his ridiculous attitude.
You only have 4 warnings now! :o

Lexin-
Writing in complete sentences would be a good start.
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."

Slash
Uber Otaku

Post by Slash »

Lexin Kotetsu wrote:Why don't you people like me... I can see about the fact that you guys tink that I should wait a while... I guess I will... I really want to be a moderator though.... I can do this site a lot of good by supervising the threads that are posted as well as the chat room. I think we should all get along here... I do hope that somebody votes yes for me... I may not fully know how to direct myself through this site... I acctually only came to this site in the first place so that I could look up info on Bleach... I guess I can wait for the webmaster's response. You guys are right, though. I do needto learn more about this site before I can start directing it... Sorry for the complications and confusion... I really should have waited... I guess I can't feel sorry for myself. Anyway, I do stil hope for the best! :D I hope, in time, you'll all see me as a good applicant for a moderator. And so, with this final statement, I bid you all good day. [-o< :-k 8-[ :beg:
It's not really of question of like or dislike, but rather professional opinion. Making a mod app is the ultimate gauntlet, you're asking for constructive criticism and some harsh realities as well. I think a good first step would be to start digging in and getting to know AA users as well as possible. With this "melting pot" of users it's extremely important how to handle each and every individual user.

It's tough whenever you want to help a community but there are so many restrictions and loops to jump through. I put my first mod app in a week after I joined and got a lot of negative feedback as well. I used to think everyone was out to get me (Still do >.> <.<), but now I see those restrictions were there for good reasons. I'll make a decision when I know you better and see you around.
"Yeah, that's right. Turd Ferguson. It's a funny name."

Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Lexin Kotetsu wrote:Hello, people of absoluteanime.com! My name is Lexin Kotetsu, the present captain of the 5th squad in the anime, Bleach. I feel like I should be a moderator because I can protect the web's chat from being spammed by useless ranting. If people say a bad word I will give them as much as two warnings before I have to restrict them for a temporary amount of time. I can protect almost all of teh people from these "bad apples " that are on the chat and being bad examples for the good people that like to have a nice conversation over anime, politics, dating, food, or anything else that wouldn't spam the website and i would also restrict anyone who used any cuss words except for the a word, h word, and d word, but would only be able to use them twice before they got there first warning. I hope that you enjoy this application, webmaster! I would love to become a moderator because I feel like I could make a big difference in the way people chat on other websites, and how they would chat here. You have a good day, webmaster!
:-# :x :x [-X [-X ](*,) ](*,) :cry: :shock:

Nononononono and No. :roll: I'm sorry, but this application, it lacks so much quality, and hell.. even quantity. This seems like you just typed some random thing out, and didn't spellcheck it, and other things. [-(
-You're too new ](*,)
-2 Posts on forum, both in this application. Moderators need to be active on the forum, as well as chat. =P~ =P~
-Read the threads Ken(webmaster) tells you to read and wait a couple months, get some more people to know you, and other things. :-"

And plus, we don't know how you react to things. And why should you become moderator? :?: :mrgreen:
-how would you react to flaming in chat? or on the board :-"
-what is your policy for other things other than swearing
-why do you deserve this, what makes you special? 8-[
-we barley know you, tell us somethings about yourself. \:D/

And last but not least, watch your temper around the forums, and chat, [don't know if you have a problem with this or not but alright, just saying] :x :x

You obviously don't understand how things work here, yet. ](*,)

It is so easy to mess up and be stripped of your powers, and so hard to get them in the first place.

[I was going to retire, because the job was stressful, and someone set me off, and I made a comment such as: "who cares, I'm retiring anyways" so I lost them forever. Although, I've been thinking about making a new application, I just don't feel ready yet] :cry: :cry:

But yeah. I just rambled on, and my post is already longer than your application, and that's pretty bad. Haha.
Well anyways ::yawn::

Main Idea of this is
Wait. ](*,)
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.

josh
Absolute Otaku

Post by josh »

who the [censored] r you

control freak [censored]
great friends: Jesus Christ. Dragon X. Locke. Ender. Bambi. Russel.

Baby Duck
Uber Otaku

Post by Baby Duck »

Aww you guys are so mean! Can't you see he is a great hero in search of a way to destroy the nasty perverts and cussers out ther in the interwebs. I BELIVE IN YOU LEXIN!!! I KNOW TOGETHER WE CAN OVERCOME THESE "BAD APPLES"

I voted no.
May the mountains rise against you
May the forests block your path
May your axes chip and shatter
And know it is my Wrath

Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

HAHAH Nice Gio. (:
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.