32%
No Opinion
3%

Total votes: 31

Symos
Absolute Otaku

My Moderator Application: Symos

Post by Symos »

I wish to submit an application for moderator.

First, I have experience. For a period during my time on Absolute Anime I was a moderator however due to other commitments at the time on top of other stuff I felt I should stop. However I feel I can return to service and wish to do so.

I am always willing to help users with etiquette, any technical issues within my understanding and any other matters I am at liberty to assist with.

I have been on this site for a long time and only had one account. Though I had renamed it once when I was able I have tried to remain consistent. During my time I like to think I am known among members on this site.

I thank you for your time in reading this.

Ammendment in responce to issues brought up

I am on most of my free time so I can keep an eye on things in the forum. I can ensure flame wars are stopped quickly ensuring a pleasent eviroment for all. I also spend time in the chat too. I would make sure there is no excessive swearing and make sure it is pleasent for all involved. It is also a means I can be contacted quickly so I can help to resolve issues quickly.

I wish to be a mod again as I feel I can resume my former duties without issue. I like to help people and maintain a pleasent enviroment because I personally find it enjoyable if the place is pleasent.

And I did pm once and was told it was best to reapply.
Last edited by Symos on Aug 17, 2008 1:16pm, edited 2 times in total.
In an uncaring universe it is up to us to determine our own destinies.
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Re: My Moderator Application: Symos

Post by Hardcore »

I'll have to think about it. You may have experience, but.....
Your application lacks a lot of detail.

Why do you want to be a moderator again?
What good will you do for AA's community?

The only thing I don't like about you, is that you take your job too seriously at times, and it's hard to get to know you. But I'll give you this much - you're a nice person when someone takes the time to get to know you.

Plus.. I'm not sure if there's a need for your application. Couldn't you just PM Ken? o.o
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
Lestat69_99
Absolute Otaku

Post by Lestat69_99 »

You get a big yes from me.... I've been around long enough to remember you as mod... I thought you were a good mod then and still have the gumption to be a good mod now.
"Well, look who's back...Show him why we call it "SPLATTERHOUSE'."
Terror Mask
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Ah. I see.
Well. I'll vote yes. Just, try to be more layed back if you do recieve the moderator position again.
Good luck Symos. :)
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

you got a yes from me symos.
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Baby Duck
Uber Otaku

Post by Baby Duck »

Symos I'm gonna give you a no opinion. You are a very cool guy but at that moment that application freaked me out and made it sound like you were gonna put a stranglehold on AA and makesure everything is squeaky clean, and I am pretty sure thats not what you meant, beacause I've met you and you ain't that bad.
May the mountains rise against you
May the forests block your path
May your axes chip and shatter
And know it is my Wrath
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Post by scorpionwarrior »

lol Gio's post count is 666

I'll say yes.

I do feel you may take it too seriously but I agree with most of what you said. Good luck 8)
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27
Mew Vanilla
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Mew Vanilla »

Oh Symos, you're so nice to me and really care about AA! I thought you were still a mod though? Hmmm. Anyways I'm sure you'll get it again. And you've never seen to strict or take the job to seriously. So this means I give you a YES!
i fly like paper, get high like planes.
there's only one me in the galaxy, im an endangered species -lil jackie
Captain Jack Sparrow is my personal bodyguard
[Captain Jack Sparrow] : people will really get intimidated!
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Nelly wrote: I'll have to think about it. You may have experience, but.....

The only thing I don't like about you, is that you take your job too seriously at times, and it's hard to get to know you. But I'll give you this much - you're a nice person when someone takes the time to get to know you.

Plus.. I'm not sure if there's a need for your application. Couldn't you just PM Ken? o.o
Theres no such thing as taking a job to seriously. Its a job. If you fail to take it seriously, then, well. I'll stop talking.

Symos, You get a Yes. You've always been great. Its `bout time you return to us. Been wondering if you ever would..
All tht aside, It looks like I'll be in this app more, so you'll get all of my reasons and thoughts through that.
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Gyro Zeppeli
Absolute Otaku

Post by Gyro Zeppeli »

For once, I'm actually voting yes for a legitimate reason.

Symos has prior experience as a mod and generally did a good job of it. He's also smart enough and seems like a nice enough guy. I don't have any issues with him.

A definite yes from me
In the beginning was the Win, and the Win was with Gai, and the Win was Gai.

Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

SASSZAIN wrote:

Theres no such thing as taking a job to seriously. Its a job. If you fail to take it seriously, then, well. I'll stop talking.
Tell me, SASSZAIN, whats the point of this community? To chit chat, and discuss about certain topics. Which in general is supposed to be fun.
Correct?

Yes.
You can't possibly have fun if you're on here looking for something to correct. You have to be semi layed back. Of course, theres a time to be serious..

But there's also a time to be layed back.
I retired moderating because I failed to realize this, and I had the AA community turn against me because of how I handled things.
Which was being too serious. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

So yes. There is such a thing as taking your job too seriously. In this case.
John Deacon
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by John Deacon »

Nope. Any man who bad mouths gooners is obviously a jerk.
Arguments are healthy. They clear the air.
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

A thousand Yes's mate.
Symos
Absolute Otaku

Post by Symos »

Sandro Mazzola wrote:Nope. Any man who bad mouths gooners is obviously a jerk.
Go Spurs.
In an uncaring universe it is up to us to determine our own destinies.
Tsukasa
Uber Otaku

Post by Tsukasa »

A yes from me, you were a good mod the first time, so it goes that you should be again the second time
Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce cheese, pickle, onion, all on a sesame seed bun. Synchro Summon! Arise, Hungry Burger!
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Nelly wrote:
SASSZAIN wrote:

Tell me, SASSZAIN, whats the point of this community? To chit chat, and discuss about certain topics. Which in general is supposed to be fun.
Correct?

Yes.
You can't possibly have fun if you're on here looking for something to correct. You have to be semi layed back. Of course, theres a time to be serious..

But there's also a time to be layed back.
I retired moderating because I failed to realize this, and I had the AA community turn against me because of how I handled things.
Which was being too serious. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

So yes. There is such a thing as taking your job too seriously. In this case.
Hmm. I'd need a better example before I'll agree. I still believe that one cannot take a job, such as this, too seriously. One can just go about doing that job wrong. Since i was never familiarized with your situation, I can't comment on that.
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket