Page 1 of 9

My Moderator Application: Lexin Kotetsu

Posted: Apr 28, 2009 1:16pm
by Lexin Kotetsu
Hey guys, it's me: Lexin Kotetsu. I have a moderator's application up and running, but I ask that it please be deleted.

Anyway, let me start off by telling you how sorry I am for my previous applications. I see that I was wrong when I posted them, and I aim to correct my mistakes in this one.

For one, I did the poll all wrong! I can't believe I actually forgot!

Any who, trailing off the subject once again (silly me), I want to be a moderator. Although I have limited computer access I think that I would make a good moderator.

In chat, I would help prevent people from spamming and flaming up the chatroom. I mean, who needs that? It damages the computer. Plus it annoys people. I want to make at least the chatroom safe for minors, so let's all juts have fun, huh? \:D/

I have also been a member here for longer than 6 months (it's been over a year) and I'm over 16. 17 is me. Yes, THIS TIME I actually read the rules and regulations for becoming a moderator.

I believe that, if you give me time, I can build up my posts, and become successful on the forums. I will try my best to be as polite and respectful as I can. I realize that the privilege of telling people exactly what you want to is taken away when you become a moderator, but I don't have a problem with all that many people on this site (one or two at the most), and I have lots of friends on here that can vouche for me and say that I'm a good guy.

One reason that you may say "no" is because of the duplicate accounts that I have had. I want to sincerely apologize for making so many and possibly confusing you (and lying to you). It was wrong and so was I... :cry:

I also show excellent grammar skills, and also use good spelling skills in the forums and chat. If I mess up, I always edit the post or correct my mistake on chat. I sometimes mess up because I tend to type a little bit TOO fast :roll:

Someone asked me in my previous application what I would do if people didn't follow the rules. It's simple actually. If they continued, I would just have to "ban them from chat for the rest of the day", or "not allow them to post on the forums for the rest of the day". But I please ask that everyone obeys the rules.

I want to help fellow moderators on this site, and I believe that I can be VERY helpful, instead of just being a nuisance (spelling?).

So before I bore you to tears... :yawn:

My last wish is that you would all forgive me for the way I have acted in previous applications...
But yes, I do want to apologize for my actions in the chatroom, forums, etc. in the past. I know I behaved terribly sometimes, but I want to gain respect of people, and make some more friends here, so please, please, PLEASE, forgive me! [-o<

Thank you for reading through my application, and I hope that you choose me to be a moderator with this application. :)

Sincerely Yours,
Lexin Kotetsu

[EDIT]: And this time, I will NOT vote for myself!!! [-X

Re: My Moderator Application: Lexin Kotetsu

Posted: Apr 28, 2009 5:02pm
by Dretlin
Send a PM to a mod requesting older applications be removed. Or both could end up locked. In this case, the other is now removed.

Re: My Moderator Application: Lexin Kotetsu

Posted: Apr 28, 2009 11:04pm
by Baby Duck
Hahahahahaha, this whole post is spam, HYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! OHHHHHHOHOHOHOHOHOHOOHO!!!!! Btw I voted no, AGAIN, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! Oh Gio you're such a douche bag!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Re: My Moderator Application: Lexin Kotetsu

Posted: Apr 29, 2009 12:15pm
by Grell
Lexin Kotetsu wrote: Anyway, let me start off by telling you how sorry I am for my previous applications. I see that I was wrong when I posted them, and I aim to correct my mistakes in this one.
Okay, so first off, why didn't you just go back and edit your old app instead of immediately posting a new one? If you had gone back and edited it, facing the criticism head on instead of like this, it would've proven that you were more serious about this and that you were going to try to prove any assumptions we have wrong.
Lexin Kotetsu wrote: Any who, trailing off the subject once again (silly me), I want to be a moderator. Although I have limited computer access I think that I would make a good moderator.
Get a better source of internet, then come back and try arguing this point. A mod has to be able to access the site regularly, not when they can get on. Mods have to be available to the users on a regular basis.
Lexin Kotetsu wrote: In chat, I would help prevent people from spamming and flaming up the chatroom. I mean, who needs that? It damages the computer. Plus it annoys people. I want to make at least the chatroom safe for minors, so let's all juts have fun, huh? \:D/
What's your policy? Warnings? Gags? How would you make it safe for minors? What do you consider to be a minor? Under 18? Under 13?
Lexin Kotetsu wrote: I have also been a member here for longer than 6 months (it's been over a year) and I'm over 16. 17 is me. Yes, THIS TIME I actually read the rules and regulations for becoming a moderator.
Congratulations on reading the rules this time. Unfortunately it doesn't help if you're 17 and you can't form a proper sentence. (Btw, this is a joke. I'm only kidding. Pointing that out now so you don't hate me later.)
Lexin Kotetsu wrote: I believe that, if you give me time, I can build up my posts, and become successful on the forums. I will try my best to be as polite and respectful as I can. I realize that the privilege of telling people exactly what you want to is taken away when you become a moderator, but I don't have a problem with all that many people on this site (one or two at the most), and I have lots of friends on here that can vouche for me and say that I'm a good guy.
Asking us for time is a big chance. I, for one, am not willing to give you that chance unless you prove that you're going to post more BEFORE asking for it. Also, I don't want to hear your friends vouche for you, I want proof. Solid evidence.
Lexin Kotetsu wrote: One reason that you may say "no" is because of the duplicate accounts that I have had. I want to sincerely apologize for making so many and possibly confusing you (and lying to you). It was wrong and so was I... :cry:
Again, you probably shouldn't mention these things on your mod app.
Lexin Kotetsu wrote: Someone asked me in my previous application what I would do if people didn't follow the rules. It's simple actually. If they continued, I would just have to "ban them from chat for the rest of the day", or "not allow them to post on the forums for the rest of the day". But I please ask that everyone obeys the rules.
How would you do this? As far as I know, mods don't have the power to ban or suspend people, so how would you keep people from posting? And the gag in the chat lasts for one or two hours, I think. No more than that.
Lexin Kotetsu wrote: I want to help fellow moderators on this site, and I believe that I can be VERY helpful, instead of just being a nuisance (spelling?).
What contribution do you plan to make? What kind of help do you believe you can be? Explain.
Lexin Kotetsu wrote: My last wish is that you would all forgive me for the way I have acted in previous applications...
But yes, I do want to apologize for my actions in the chatroom, forums, etc. in the past. I know I behaved terribly sometimes, but I want to gain respect of people, and make some more friends here, so please, please, PLEASE, forgive me! [-o<
Begging does not please me. Prove yourself WORTHY of being forgiven, instead of asking for a free ride. Also, if you want people to forgive you, try PMing the ones who you've wronged instead of tarnishing your mod app.

I'm not going to vote now, but I'm going to watch you. I wish you the best of luck either way.

Re: My Moderator Application: Lexin Kotetsu

Posted: Apr 29, 2009 1:08pm
by Lexin Kotetsu
Dreaming Awake wrote:
Lexin Kotetsu wrote: Anyway, let me start off by telling you how sorry I am for my previous applications. I see that I was wrong when I posted them, and I aim to correct my mistakes in this one.
Okay, so first off, why didn't you just go back and edit your old app instead of immediately posting a new one? If you had gone back and edited it, facing the criticism head on instead of like this, it would've proven that you were more serious about this and that you were going to try to prove any assumptions we have wrong.
Lexin Kotetsu wrote: Any who, trailing off the subject once again (silly me), I want to be a moderator. Although I have limited computer access I think that I would make a good moderator.
Get a better source of internet, then come back and try arguing this point. A mod has to be able to access the site regularly, not when they can get on. Mods have to be available to the users on a regular basis.
Lexin Kotetsu wrote: In chat, I would help prevent people from spamming and flaming up the chatroom. I mean, who needs that? It damages the computer. Plus it annoys people. I want to make at least the chatroom safe for minors, so let's all juts have fun, huh? \:D/
What's your policy? Warnings? Gags? How would you make it safe for minors? What do you consider to be a minor? Under 18? Under 13?
Lexin Kotetsu wrote: I have also been a member here for longer than 6 months (it's been over a year) and I'm over 16. 17 is me. Yes, THIS TIME I actually read the rules and regulations for becoming a moderator.
Congratulations on reading the rules this time. Unfortunately it doesn't help if you're 17 and you can't form a proper sentence. (Btw, this is a joke. I'm only kidding. Pointing that out now so you don't hate me later.)
Lexin Kotetsu wrote: I believe that, if you give me time, I can build up my posts, and become successful on the forums. I will try my best to be as polite and respectful as I can. I realize that the privilege of telling people exactly what you want to is taken away when you become a moderator, but I don't have a problem with all that many people on this site (one or two at the most), and I have lots of friends on here that can vouche for me and say that I'm a good guy.
Asking us for time is a big chance. I, for one, am not willing to give you that chance unless you prove that you're going to post more BEFORE asking for it. Also, I don't want to hear your friends vouche for you, I want proof. Solid evidence.
Lexin Kotetsu wrote: One reason that you may say "no" is because of the duplicate accounts that I have had. I want to sincerely apologize for making so many and possibly confusing you (and lying to you). It was wrong and so was I... :cry:
Again, you probably shouldn't mention these things on your mod app.
Lexin Kotetsu wrote: Someone asked me in my previous application what I would do if people didn't follow the rules. It's simple actually. If they continued, I would just have to "ban them from chat for the rest of the day", or "not allow them to post on the forums for the rest of the day". But I please ask that everyone obeys the rules.
How would you do this? As far as I know, mods don't have the power to ban or suspend people, so how would you keep people from posting? And the gag in the chat lasts for one or two hours, I think. No more than that.
Lexin Kotetsu wrote: I want to help fellow moderators on this site, and I believe that I can be VERY helpful, instead of just being a nuisance (spelling?).
What contribution do you plan to make? What kind of help do you believe you can be? Explain.
Lexin Kotetsu wrote: My last wish is that you would all forgive me for the way I have acted in previous applications...
But yes, I do want to apologize for my actions in the chatroom, forums, etc. in the past. I know I behaved terribly sometimes, but I want to gain respect of people, and make some more friends here, so please, please, PLEASE, forgive me! [-o<
Begging does not please me. Prove yourself WORTHY of being forgiven, instead of asking for a free ride. Also, if you want people to forgive you, try PMing the ones who you've wronged instead of tarnishing your mod app.

I'm not going to vote now, but I'm going to watch you. I wish you the best of luck either way.
I sincerely thank you for posting DA, and helping me through this process. I get that most people don't like begging, so I'm probably going to erase that out of the application. [-X

Furthermore, I plan on helping the moderators deal with any such problems that seem to arise, and will do my best not to choose favorites (unlikely that I will, anyway.). :P

You're right. Mods don't have the power to ban people off of the forums, but I can ban them temporarily from chat for the rest of the day. It's happened to others before. I would pm the Webmaster, however and inform him of the user's wrong-doings. I'd let the Webmaster take care of officially banning and suspending people to himself. :|

The only reason I mentioned the dupe accounts in this application is to appologize for making so may of them. Nothing else, but I can see why it wouldn't be wise to include that information in my application. It could cause people to become distrustful of me. :!:

Also, I am dilligently building up my posts, but it takes time to get them up to a high number, so I do ask that you please be patient. :-"

DA, I could never hate you in ALL my life! I love you very much for being so supportive and giving me helpful information to improve my chances of becoming a moderator. Period. :love:

I guess I would have to say that Honesty is the best policy (yes, such a clich`e, but hey). I wouldn't give users all that many chances, but I would ask that I would only tell them once. I shouldn't HAVE to tell them twice to get the to behave. I would try to make it safe for minors by prohibiting the use of vulgar language such as ...(you should know what that means), and I consider on this site, a minor to be a person below the age of 13. :)

I can be avaliable to users whenever they need to. My dad just got Internet, and my Mom got it yesterday! Yay! But seeing as how my life is NOT meant to be based souly on the computer, I won't always be on. This SHOULD be a little understandable, right? :?

And lastly, I realise now my mistake of not editing my last application. I am sorry. But now, it's too late, because the application has now been either deleted or locked. Thank you, ??? for responding to my request. :mrgreen:

But yeah, Baby Duck, you'll always be super funny!!!!! XD :heh:

But yeah, thanks DA for being so helpful! Love ya always!
\:D/

Re: My Moderator Application: Lexin Kotetsu

Posted: Apr 29, 2009 1:33pm
by Baby Duck
Lexin Kotetsu wrote:

But yeah, Baby Duck, you'll always be super funny!!!!! XD :heh:

Don't you dare patronize me Lexin, or so help me god I will find a way to hurt you.

Re: My Moderator Application: Lexin Kotetsu

Posted: Apr 29, 2009 7:08pm
by Gaming Goddess
Baby Duck wrote:
Lexin Kotetsu wrote:

But yeah, Baby Duck, you'll always be super funny!!!!! XD :heh:

Don't you dare patronize me Lexin, or so help me god I will find a way to hurt you.
Only post I read. Glad I did. Gio, man, you're so [censored] cool.

Re: My Moderator Application: Lexin Kotetsu

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 10:52am
by Grell
Lexin Kotetsu wrote: Furthermore, I plan on helping the moderators deal with any such problems that seem to arise, and will do my best not to choose favorites (unlikely that I will, anyway.). :P
"Such problems that seem to arise"? This is rather vague. Do you have a complete understanding of the sorts of things that moderators deal with? If you only give vague answers, we can only determine that you vaguely know what your undertaking with this job.
Lexin Kotetsu wrote: You're right. Mods don't have the power to ban people off of the forums, but I can ban them temporarily from chat for the rest of the day. It's happened to others before. I would pm the Webmaster, however and inform him of the user's wrong-doings. I'd let the Webmaster take care of officially banning and suspending people to himself. :|
Its good that you understand the differences in power between Moderator and Admin, but still, it seems to me that you're misunderstanding the power gifted to mods, and looking to overstep the boundaries in place. If the matter is serious, I can understand taking the situation to the Webmaster, but would you take EVERY situation to him via pm? Explain this.
Lexin Kotetsu wrote: DA, I could never hate you in ALL my life! I love you very much for being so supportive and giving me helpful information to improve my chances of becoming a moderator. Period. :love:
Your very welcome, though I do realize that my drilling can be harsh at points.
Lexin Kotetsu wrote: I guess I would have to say that Honesty is the best policy (yes, such a clich`e, but hey). I wouldn't give users all that many chances, but I would ask that I would only tell them once. I shouldn't HAVE to tell them twice to get the to behave. I would try to make it safe for minors by prohibiting the use of vulgar language such as ...(you should know what that means), and I consider on this site, a minor to be a person below the age of 13. :)
So you'd give them one warning and then boot them from chat? I'm not in chat, but I'm decently sure that vulgar language is censored there as well as in the forum itself (Although some people have found ways around it). And is vulgar language the only thing you feel is worth mentioning? What else would you help to prohibit?
Lexin Kotetsu wrote: I can be avaliable to users whenever they need to. My dad just got Internet, and my Mom got it yesterday! Yay! But seeing as how my life is NOT meant to be based souly on the computer, I won't always be on. This SHOULD be a little understandable, right? :?
Its completely understandable, but if you give users that attitude, they won't be sure of whether they can trust you to be available when they have problems they need help with.

Re: My Moderator Application: Lexin Kotetsu

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 12:44pm
by Lexin Kotetsu
Thank you DA! I knew I could expect those kind words! \:D/

But, yeah! I'll make sure to not give ANYBODY an attitude! :)

Duckie, I didn't realize that I WAS patronizing you. I'm sorry. :(

Re: My Moderator Application: Lexin Kotetsu

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 12:46pm
by Grell
That's a start, and it seems that you have the determination to work your way up. Again, I wish you the best of luck with your endeavor. :)

(I'm still not voting yet, because I have yet to see any of your posts outside of this app.)

Re: My Moderator Application: Lexin Kotetsu

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 1:57pm
by Baby Duck
Lexin Kotetsu wrote:
Duckie, I didn't realize that I WAS patronizing you. I'm sorry. :(

Therein lies the reason my vote will always be no. You're not aware.

Re: My Moderator Application: Lexin Kotetsu

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 2:06pm
by Lexin Kotetsu
O......k? Well then....

Thanks DA! If you look in Bleach and Manga and books, and Music, I have most of them there. I am REALLY determined.

Re: My Moderator Application: Lexin Kotetsu

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 2:23pm
by Dretlin
Baby Duck wrote:
Lexin Kotetsu wrote:
Duckie, I didn't realize that I WAS patronizing you. I'm sorry. :(

Therein lies the reason my vote will always be no. You're not aware.
Lexin is perfectly aware, and its very funny.

Re: My Moderator Application: Lexin Kotetsu

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 2:25pm
by Grell
Lexin Kotetsu wrote:O......k? Well then....

Thanks DA! If you look in Bleach and Manga and books, and Music, I have most of them there. I am REALLY determined.
Remember that for a lot of people to know who you are and for them to be able to vote, you have to post in more than just a couple places. As a mod, you'll need to be familiar with all aspects of the site and its areas.

Re: My Moderator Application: Lexin Kotetsu

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 2:27pm
by Baby Duck
+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:
Baby Duck wrote:
Lexin Kotetsu wrote:
Duckie, I didn't realize that I WAS patronizing you. I'm sorry. :(

Therein lies the reason my vote will always be no. You're not aware.
Lexin is perfectly aware, and its very funny.
I kind of figured he wasn't as ignorant, but his ignorance still stands.

Re: My Moderator Application: Lexin Kotetsu

Posted: May 04, 2009 11:05pm
by Aoi Sakuraba
No, you must be an active member of the forum for 3 months. you were active for about a week then vanished up until now. Plus you have like 20 different accounts.

And you say most of your posts are in the bleach and manga/books areas which is also somewhat untrue, seeing as 18 of your 43 posts were in the moderator section. With a whopping 4 posts in bleach and 6 in manga/books.....Plus 43 posts doesn't speak well for browsing the forum as a whole