weight lifting

Bottom of the ninth, third down, Gretzky shoots from the three point line... and it's a goaaaaal!
Post Reply
User avatar
Sparks of Dead Flames
Mobile Suit Otaku
Posts: 113
Joined: Jun 20, 2005 5:49pm
Location: a dead blaze

weight lifting

Post by Sparks of Dead Flames »

sup peeps

just want to see some stats (cant say i expect much)

age
height
weight

bench max (one rep no assistance of any kind)
squat max (one rep no assistance of any kind)
powerclean max (one rep no assistance of any kind)
deadlift max (one rep no assistance of any kind)

optional: 40 yd dash time

i will post my stats later
please if you read other peoples stats and think they are lying try not to start a rant just "i.m." them or better yet keep it to yourself
when u do things right people wont realize you've done anything at all

Sothe_The_Assassin
Mobile Suit Otaku
Posts: 109
Joined: Aug 27, 2005 7:38am
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: weight lifting

Post by Sothe_The_Assassin »

so i post my stats right

Tsuchi
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1884
Joined: Feb 03, 2007 4:44pm
Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

Re: weight lifting

Post by Tsuchi »

you know, 1 rep doesnt mean crap...lots of people can do 1 rep of alot of weight, you should have a min of 10 reps, then you'll get their real amount

alot of people may be able to bench 250 1 rep, but not many can bench 250 with 10 reps
FanGirl Army Second in Command
<>Bleach club 101<> squad 4 captain
Naruko15 - my honorable senpai
Raptor Jesus is the true Messiah

User avatar
Lestat69_99
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2296
Joined: Aug 28, 2005 11:33pm
Gender: Male
Location: Nebraska
Contact:

Re: weight lifting

Post by Lestat69_99 »

Tsuchi wrote:you know, 1 rep doesnt mean crap...lots of people can do 1 rep of alot of weight, you should have a min of 10 reps, then you'll get their real amount

alot of people may be able to bench 250 1 rep, but not many can bench 250 with 10 reps


How much do you actually know about lifting? 1 Rep means alot more then you think... If your 1 Rep max bench is 250, you know your limit and then break it down to figure out what you do with 10 reps which may be 1 set of 10 at 100, then another set at a different weight then a final set at something else...

I do love making 40 yard dash optional though... Though I don't know mine. I can give my last PFT though...

Pull-Ups~ 12
Crunches~ 100
3 mile run~ 20 min (I was also smoking a pack a day at that time.)
My score ended up being 224 just 2 points away from a first class...
"Well, look who's back...Show him why we call it "SPLATTERHOUSE'."
Terror Mask

Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3369
Joined: Jun 26, 2005 10:50pm
Gender: Male
Location: In your bathtub
Contact:

Re: weight lifting

Post by Cold Revolver »

In high school my Max was 225, Than I jumped up to 305 for 1 amazing Rep during power lifting. Squats were not my thing, I forgot how much I used to dead lift but I know it was a lot, My favorite passion was bench. At the competitions I would always out bench these bigger older guys.. But they would kick my ass during the squat sessions.
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]

Tsuchi
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1884
Joined: Feb 03, 2007 4:44pm
Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

Re: weight lifting

Post by Tsuchi »

you lift weights by starting low doing reps and building yourself to a higher weight. starting high will get you hurt. if your teacher is telling you to do that he doesnt deserve to be teaching because he going to get you all hurt.

benching 1 rep of 250 doesnt mean crap, it doesnt mean you can bench 250 when actually working out, because you arent working out with 1 rep. 1 rep doesnt build muscle, 1 rep doesnt even get your blood flowing. Actually 1 rep of more weight than your used to can hurt you. its rediculous to do 1 rep of a high amount.

if he wants to know how much people lift he has to have atleast 10 reps or they arent really lifting.

you only do 1 rep of a huge amount if you want to show off or screw around, not part of a program.
FanGirl Army Second in Command
<>Bleach club 101<> squad 4 captain
Naruko15 - my honorable senpai
Raptor Jesus is the true Messiah

Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3369
Joined: Jun 26, 2005 10:50pm
Gender: Male
Location: In your bathtub
Contact:

Re: weight lifting

Post by Cold Revolver »

Tsuchi wrote:you lift weights by starting low doing reps and building yourself to a higher weight. starting high will get you hurt. if your teacher is telling you to do that he doesnt deserve to be teaching because he going to get you all hurt.

benching 1 rep of 250 doesnt mean crap, it doesnt mean you can bench 250 when actually working out, because you arent working out with 1 rep. 1 rep doesnt build muscle, 1 rep doesnt even get your blood flowing. Actually 1 rep of more weight than your used to can hurt you. its rediculous to do 1 rep of a high amount.

if he wants to know how much people lift he has to have atleast 10 reps or they arent really lifting.

you only do 1 rep of a huge amount if you want to show off or screw around, not part of a program.


That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of... Power lifters and professional athletes (most) Lift weights everyday to get stronger, they have a goal, especialy body builders. They Have a max weight set in their heads about how much they can lift at one time, one rep. Doing multiple reps at a lower weight helps them reach their goal.


Your talking about amateur athletes, meaning people who do not understand much about this sport, it is a sport. Although many consider it not a sport, There is a method to a power lifters madness, working up to their set max for 3 events. I cannot believe you said all that crap.

Some athletes or wanna b's only lift to get in shape, some lift to get a bit stronger and some lift just for performace such as boxing or sprinting. If you would have discussed the differences than I would have agreed with you, but you failed to make your point. Jesse James is correct.
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]

Tsuchi
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1884
Joined: Feb 03, 2007 4:44pm
Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

Re: weight lifting

Post by Tsuchi »

but no one on this site is a professional body builder, no one on this site is a professional athlete. We are all amatures. i know this because professional body builders and pro athletes dont vegitate in from of a computer on an anime board.

this topic is about people on this site, i wrote what pertained to this conversation on this site, hence the word "teacher" the word teacher means you are an amature other wise i would have put "manager"

and i'm pretty sure "the darkness" isnt JJ because JJ is on my buddy list and is my friend "the suffereing" isnt on my list
Last edited by Tsuchi on Jul 14, 2007 7:46pm, edited 1 time in total.
FanGirl Army Second in Command
<>Bleach club 101<> squad 4 captain
Naruko15 - my honorable senpai
Raptor Jesus is the true Messiah

Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3369
Joined: Jun 26, 2005 10:50pm
Gender: Male
Location: In your bathtub
Contact:

Re: weight lifting

Post by Cold Revolver »

Tsuchi wrote:but no one on this site is a professional body builder, no one on this site is a professional athlete. We are all amatures. i know this because professional body builders and pro athletes dont vegitate in from of a computer on an anime board.

this topic is about people on this site, i wrote what pertained to this conversation on this site, hence the word "teacher" the word teacher means you are an amature other wise i would have put "manager"


The point being, everyone has a goal. 1 rep means more than you think. to some of us anyways. To me even, when I was in high school and did power lift.
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]

Tsuchi
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1884
Joined: Feb 03, 2007 4:44pm
Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

Re: weight lifting

Post by Tsuchi »

i'm just saying, 1 rep for most people is just for fun, to say "i did it". you dont have to lift your goal before trying to reach it. if you can lift your goal, then your goal should be higher.

and i'm pretty sure "the darkness" isnt JJ because JJ is on my buddy list and is my friend "the suffering" isnt on my list

User avatar
Lestat69_99
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2296
Joined: Aug 28, 2005 11:33pm
Gender: Male
Location: Nebraska
Contact:

Re: weight lifting

Post by Lestat69_99 »

Tsuchi wrote:but no one on this site is a professional body builder, no one on this site is a professional athlete. We are all amatures. i know this because professional body builders and pro athletes dont vegitate in from of a computer on an anime board.

this topic is about people on this site, i wrote what pertained to this conversation on this site, hence the word "teacher" the word teacher means you are an amature other wise i would have put "manager"

and i'm pretty sure "the darkness" isnt JJ because JJ is on my buddy list and is my friend "the suffereing" isnt on my list


No I'm not JJ... I'm also known as Lestat at times also I'm an Ex-Marine. Although this is all besides the point....

One FIRST figures their reps based on THEIR ONE REP MAX. If you don't then you might not be getting your optimal gains... I'm through with this now...Not good for anger management....
"Well, look who's back...Show him why we call it "SPLATTERHOUSE'."
Terror Mask

Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3369
Joined: Jun 26, 2005 10:50pm
Gender: Male
Location: In your bathtub
Contact:

Re: weight lifting

Post by Cold Revolver »

The Darkness wrote:
Tsuchi wrote:but no one on this site is a professional body builder, no one on this site is a professional athlete. We are all amatures. i know this because professional body builders and pro athletes dont vegitate in from of a computer on an anime board.

this topic is about people on this site, i wrote what pertained to this conversation on this site, hence the word "teacher" the word teacher means you are an amature other wise i would have put "manager"

and i'm pretty sure "the darkness" isnt JJ because JJ is on my buddy list and is my friend "the suffereing" isnt on my list


No I'm not JJ... I'm also known as Lestat at times also I'm an Ex-Marine. Although this is all besides the point....

One FIRST figures their reps based on THEIR ONE REP MAX. If you don't then you might not be getting your optimal gains... I'm through with this now...Not good for anger management....


Oh crap.. I did not mean Jesse James man.. I hate it when people change their names.. confused the hell out of me. I looked at your avat this is why I called you jesse James........


I meant THE DARKNESS IS CORRECT. ](*,) Please forgive me. for god sakes people stop changing your names....
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]

Shaodw
Baka Otaku
Posts: 4
Joined: Jul 31, 2007 2:16am

Re: weight lifting

Post by Shaodw »

what program do u all use?

User avatar
Dragon X
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1032
Joined: Jan 21, 2006 10:58am
Location: Not gonna say

Re: weight lifting

Post by Dragon X »

i'm gonna start with my church.went to a gym but it was to expensive oh well my brother paid for it
I am a dragon that cannot be tamed!Great freinds josh Snc SSJ Gogeta an AA pixies. josh Alfonso Soriano is my cousin. i dont care what ppl say.you don't like me fine

Post Reply