What sport would you?

Bottom of the ninth, third down, Gretzky shoots from the three point line... and it's a goaaaaal!
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Re: What sport would you?

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

I've recently gotten very interested in football (real football) and after I get better at it, I think I might try out for one of the women's leagues here. :)
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.

Mista Cola
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Mista Cola »

Pink Supervisor|EL wrote:the UFC needs a union...their getting under payed to get the crap be beat out of them...as they should have a similar pay to a boxer
That's true for beginning mixed martial artists. But I think MMA's payout is higher in the long-run, since it's more consistent (not as reliant on third-party contracts as boxing is).

Don't forget, accomplished fighters also receive money from sponsorships, bonuses for winning, and other bonuses (like "submission of the night"), so it does add up.

Pink Supervisor|EL
Absolute Otaku

Post by Pink Supervisor|EL »

Mista Cola wrote:
Pink Supervisor|EL wrote:the UFC needs a union...their getting under payed to get the crap be beat out of them...as they should have a similar pay to a boxer
That's true for beginning mixed martial artists. But I think MMA's payout is higher in the long-run, since it's more consistent (not as reliant on third-party contracts as boxing is).

Don't forget, accomplished fighters also receive money from sponsorships, bonuses for winning, and other bonuses (like "submission of the night"), so it does add up.
but sponsorships are in all sports...look at Tiger Woods, Shaq, Crosby, and Beckham...they make quite a bit even before sponsorships...

in the long run mixed martial artists get allot of money...but as a short term involvement or starting in professionals leagues...one doesn't get payed that much, and a union could work to solving that...plus it could work to provide from health care benefits and such...which is NEEDED in any fighting sports, especially if someone wants to make a living out of fighting (if their not already covered by the federation). signing a waver accepting injuries so they can't be sued, and then using your own money to pay the hospital because you got injured and use fighting as your source of income is pretty much white collar crime IMO...basically you will only lose money if you get injured and lose...

Aoi...umm...i know your getting at soccer/football...but some people will try to argue "real football" is American Football...just want to point that out ^_^
Assassin of the Black Knights
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!

Mista Cola
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Mista Cola »

Pink Supervisor|EL wrote: in the long run mixed martial artists get allot of money...but as a short term involvement or starting in professionals leagues...one doesn't get payed that much, and a union could work to solving that...plus it could work to provide from health care benefits and such...which is NEEDED in any fighting sports, especially if someone wants to make a living out of fighting (if their not already covered by the federation). signing a waver accepting injuries so they can't be sued, and then using your own money to pay the hospital because you got injured and use fighting as your source of income is pretty much white collar crime IMO...basically you will only lose money if you get injured and lose...
I agree with some of that. But I'm pretty sure that the UFC already covers all the medical expenses (I wonder if that would go under worker's compensation...). I should also point out that the disparity between boxing and mma payouts isn't all that drastic now. A pro boxer's figures may seem a lot larger, but they get so many deductions from third-parties (simplified example: 40% to manager, 15% to trainer, 10% to promoters, 15% on taxes) that the boxer receives only ~20% of the purse. Maybe if promoters gave a damn about the financial future of fighters, boxers would be a lot higher on the ladder than UFC fighters.

Pyong
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by Pyong »

Only sport I would like to acutally join is indoor bandy. It's fun and fast ^^ Other than that there's only one other sport I find interesting and that's hockey. But I'm way too tiny to be able to practise it myself :P
Got to love me when I curse.
Spoiler
Show
What the gherkin are you flufftards doin'?

Mista Cola
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Mista Cola »

Indoor wha?

Pyong
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by Pyong »

Mista Cola wrote:Indoor wha?
It's kinda like hockey. You're indoors (duh), a goal on each side, a plastic ball instead of a puck and a bandy stick instead of a hockey stick :P
http://www.torkinmaenkoulu.kokkola.fi/eng/inhockey1.jpg
Spoiler
Show

Mista Cola
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Mista Cola »

You play it barefoot? I can already come up with half a dozen foul moves for that. :O

The Evil Russell Crowe
Uber Otaku

Post by The Evil Russell Crowe »

Aoi Sakuraba wrote:I've recently gotten very interested in football (real football) and after I get better at it, I think I might try out for one of the women's leagues here. :)
It's clear, I rub off on all generations :D
I see a little silhouetto of a man...

Pyong
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by Pyong »

Mista Cola wrote:You play it barefoot? I can already come up with half a dozen foul moves for that. :O
Most people play with shoes on :P But some nuts prefer to play barefoot :P I've never understood why
Spoiler
Show

Hachi
Newbie Otaku

Post by Hachi »

I've been doing kyudoo for 3 years and that's what I like.
~彩~

scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Post by scorpionwarrior »

My thread's still alive lol

What's Kyudoo? o_o
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27

Hachi
Newbie Otaku

Post by Hachi »

archery
~彩~

scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Ah I see. i think i've heard about it
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

+ тнє ѕαιηт +
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by + тнє ѕαιηт + »

does youtubing count as a sport?
High wire escape artist

scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

No =/