Time for a Japanese lesson, 行くぞ!

It's not nearly as complex as English, but as usual we find ways to screw it up.
Dreams

Re: Time for a Japanese lesson, 行くぞ!

Post by Dreams »

Haha, I dunno. That's something I've never had to say.
"Tori-shiri", maybe?
Пуля в сердце, мозг на дверцу...
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." ~Romans 6:23
Yuzi
Master Otaku
Location: going to the mall with Konata, Miyuki, Kagami, and Tsukasa

Post by Yuzi »

Can you tell me what the symbol that looks like a swirly O means and how I can insert it in a forum?
If you don't have a dream, then how are you ever going to have a dream come true?
Dreams

Post by Dreams »

Are you talking about の?
It's the hiragana symbol for "no". It doesn't really mean anything on its own.
It's a syllable that's used in words/names, and it's also a particle when used in sentences.

People who write Japanese online have some sort of Japanese input installed. For example, in Windows XP, it's a matter of going to the Control Panel > Regional & Language Options > Languages > Details > Add > Japanese. But to use something like that, you'll need to know kana in order to type anything. You type in English letters and they turn into the Japanese symbols you want to use.

In your case, I would just suggest copying & pasting stuff from Babelfish or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kana.
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." ~Romans 6:23
Jessy
Newbie Otaku

Post by Jessy »

So,I can say I'm lucky cuz I am portuguese and I want to learn japanese and all of u r saying that the pronounce it's just like portuguese so it will be easier for me

Thanx for posting ;)
Watashi wa Jessica desu...

I can be that Great!!
Hime
Master Otaku

Post by Hime »

One question! XD
I was wondering how my surname (Seng) would be written in japanese.
I know it has to be in katakana, but what I'm confused is if it'd be written like "Sen" or "Sengu" Or none of them? XD
Momiji Manju...
Momiji Manju...

Ahhh...
Momiji Manju-uuu..
Dreams

Post by Dreams »

It would be written as 'Sengu' because then it would still carry the 'G' sound, but the 'U' is often whispered at the end of a word so that it's barely heard. It's hard to explain. ^^ It's almost like you go through with saying "sen-gu", but cut yourself off before completing the entire 'gu' sound.
alice24
Baka Otaku

Post by alice24 »

konbanwa minasang...i'm new here...hello..