Japanese Forum Rules

It's not nearly as complex as English, but as usual we find ways to screw it up.
geishaboy
Dragon Master Otaku

Japanese Forum Rules

Post by geishaboy »

はいよ皆!

Right then, I suppose we should set down some rules and guidelines for this little gem of a forum we have going here, I have come up with a few ideas, but they are open for discussion, if think you have a really smashing plan of action or whatever, let me know

On with it then

1 - No spam! ... Ok, thats a bit harsh, but please, don't fill the forum up with completely pointless crap

2 - Search before asking. If you have a question and simply need to know the answer, do a quick forum search to see if it has been asked before

3 - This is a Japanese language forum BUT, topics on Japanese culture, food, or whatever are ok from time to time. Also, if you have a question about Chinese or Korean or any other language, and you feel the need to ask, go right ahead, but remember THIS IS A JAPANESE LANGUAGE FORUM

4 - Be nice. Don't put people down if they get something wrong or don't know something you do

5 - If you think you can answer someones question, double check, and then give them some idea about how correct you think it is

6 - Many of you can't read my name, girls can call me Senpai =P~ boys can call me ... senpai too I guess

7 - Please don't come on to these boards and expect people to be your own personal tutor, we had to learn the language the hard way, so you will have to do the same, of course, giving someone a PM question about Japanese is fine

Questions? Comments? Love letters? Post them here
Ryukon
Uber Otaku

Re: Japanese Forum Rules

Post by Ryukon »

:shock:

Thank YOU, 芸者男の子-san/senpai for coming back!

I was wondering where the heck you've gone....if you'd look at my posts, you'd probably cringe like there's no tomorrow.

Congrats on becoming a Mod though. =D> =D> =D>

And yes. I shall abide by those rules.
Blue like. Like blue.
~龍子
geishaboy
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by geishaboy »

^ You have been doing OK from what I can see, don't stress buddy.

And sorry for being gone, I moved house and lost my net connection for a while, only just got it back the other week
Ryukon
Uber Otaku

Post by Ryukon »

It's alright. You have a life too just like any other person here, so it's fine. But again, it's good to have y'back. :)

And I'll stop right here before I spam your own thread... :lol:
Blue like. Like blue.
~龍子
Hinato kazuya

Post by Hinato kazuya »

I think it would be Beneficial to this forumto introduce a new sticky just for single word and phrase translations so there arnt lots of small threads that only need one reply then become redundant.

any opinions/objections before it gets made?
It takes but one man to breed a war, for those who do not have swords may still die upon them.
geishaboy
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by geishaboy »

Well there is a sticky for that, the " Fundamental questions about the Japanese language? Ask here!" sticky

I mean, if anyone has single word or phrase translations wanted, they can simply post there

Hmmm, I might just edit the name of that sticky just to be sure
miki_animeholix
Master Otaku

Post by miki_animeholix »

can i ask the for the japanese sentence for:
it was just a joke.

are you sure?

you just fake it all.

(tnx.)
um.... can i say... vampires in the hat around????
Dreams

Post by Dreams »

It was just a joke.
Hon no joudan datta.
ほんの冗談だった。

Are you sure?
Honto ni? / Honki? / Maji?
ほんとに? / 本気? / マジ?

You just fake it all.
Tonikaku zenbu gomakasu.
とにかく全部ごまかす。

(p.s. remember to post in the 'phrases' thread.)
Пуля в сердце, мозг на дверцу...
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." ~Romans 6:23