I'm studying abroad in Tokyo this summer...

It's not nearly as complex as English, but as usual we find ways to screw it up.
OniKira
Absolute Otaku

I'm studying abroad in Tokyo this summer...

Post by OniKira »

...And I need your help!

For those of you have been to Tokyo, or any part of Japan really, in the summer months, what's the weather like? I'll be in Tokyo for all of July. I've heard it's typically sunny, in the 70s and 80s, but with lots of humidity, making it feel warmer. I've also heard, however, that it can get cooler in the evening, and that cloudy and rainy days are still possible...

So...What's the weather like in Tokyo in July? Is my above assumption correct?

Thx
OniRuroKen=OniLawliet=OniKira
I promise, this is the last name change. And don't you dare take one of my old names. I'll write you down if you do.

Equality. Tolerance. Respect.
geishaboy
Dragon Master Otaku

Re: I'm studying abroad in Tokyo this summer...

Post by geishaboy »

Japanese summers are unbelievable, the humidity is insane. You will most likely be grabbing a soft drink every half hour. I was not in Tokyo in the summer, but I was around that general area, and yeah, it's pretty hot, although the nights aren't too bad.

You don't need to worry too much though, as just about every building over there is equipped with air conditioning
OniKira
Absolute Otaku

Re: I'm studying abroad in Tokyo this summer...

Post by OniKira »

Even though it's warm and humid, can rain still occur? Is there the occassional rain or thunderstorm in Japan during the summer?
OniRuroKen=OniLawliet=OniKira
I promise, this is the last name change. And don't you dare take one of my old names. I'll write you down if you do.

Equality. Tolerance. Respect.