(death note) L and Autism? o_O

Choushin_Destroyer
Rookie Otaku

Re: (death note) L and Autism? o_O

Post by Choushin_Destroyer »

The link is dead, but if L is autistic, then perhaps he is a savant? There are rare anomalies among people who have the disease where they can memorize and remeber any detail no metter how small, or play music absolutely perfectly.

I help my sensei teach some classes from time to time at my karate school, and a couple of my students are autistic twins. They seem rather inlcined towards things of an intellectual nature and have some odd mannerisms from time to time.

But autistic people generally have stark speech characteristics and may be a little high strung at times. L can speak normally and is relatively calm...until, of course, he first heard the word "Shinigami" Oooh that was PRICELESS!
"Truth is not relative. It's not subjective. It may be elusive or hidden. People may wish to disregard it. But there is such thing as truth." -Errol Morris
End
Baka Otaku

Re: (death note) L and Autism? o_O

Post by End »

L is obviously on the Autism Spectrum. Because he has no difficulties with language I'm guessing that he may be a high-functioning autistic or he may have Aspergers(due to his obessive behavior.) Most people with autism generaly have average or above average IQs. Since L's IQ is so high I would have to say that he's a savant. I've noticed that Near also has some autistic tendencies.