Page 1 of 2

Which one?

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 4:45pm
by Dretlin
As this is a new sub forum I am wondering what everyones experience with this show/movie is?

Have you seen the show? The movie? Or Both?

Ghost in the shell is by far my fav show let alone anime.

Re: Which one?

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 4:56pm
by Jade_Steel_Hawk
I've seen the show a few times.
I didn't get it though. 8-[

Re: Which one?

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 5:12pm
by Dretlin
Jade_Steel_Hawk wrote:I've seen the show a few times.
I didn't get it though. 8-[
Its quite intense lol

I would recommend you try it again though :D

Re: Which one?

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 5:37pm
by Jade_Steel_Hawk
I'll look into it. :wink: :mrgreen:

Re: Which one?

Posted: Feb 19, 2008 2:13am
by Aoi Sakuraba
I have seen both seasons of the show, I'm not sure about the movie though.

The series is one of my favorite shows

Re: Which one?

Posted: Feb 19, 2008 5:03am
by Dretlin
Aoi Sakuraba wrote:I have seen both seasons of the show, I'm not sure about the movie though.

The series is one of my favorite shows
I prefered the 2nd gig to the 1st.

I felt the 2nd gig was darker and had more of an edge.

Like Motoko wearing hardly enough clothes through most of the 1st Gig... :|

Re: Which one?

Posted: Feb 19, 2008 6:51am
by Lestat69_99
I have both... The movie version I have is still on VHS also... Picked up when it first came out.... I enjoyed the series as well...

Re: Which one?

Posted: Feb 19, 2008 7:06am
by Commander Sparx
I have been watching Ghost in a shell stand alone complex and second GIG. They seem very awesome indeed.

Re: Which one?

Posted: Feb 19, 2008 12:47pm
by Aoi Sakuraba
+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:
Aoi Sakuraba wrote:I have seen both seasons of the show, I'm not sure about the movie though.

The series is one of my favorite shows
I prefered the 2nd gig to the 1st.

I felt the 2nd gig was darker and had more of an edge.

Like Motoko wearing hardly enough clothes through most of the 1st Gig... :|
I do prefer 2nd gig too, but I liked 1st gig alot as well. The clothes thing didn't bother me though, I thought it was sexy but thats just me. lol

Re: Which one?

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 5:16am
by Dretlin
Aoi Sakuraba wrote:
+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:
Aoi Sakuraba wrote:I have seen both seasons of the show, I'm not sure about the movie though.

The series is one of my favorite shows
I prefered the 2nd gig to the 1st.

I felt the 2nd gig was darker and had more of an edge.

Like Motoko wearing hardly enough clothes through most of the 1st Gig... :|
I do prefer 2nd gig too, but I liked 1st gig alot as well. The clothes thing didn't bother me though, I thought it was sexy but thats just me. lol
The 1st gig was alittle silly at points lol

2nd GiG just seemed more down to earth. I am however buying Solid State Society, which explains what happened after the 2nd Gig.

Re: Which one?

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 10:51pm
by The Evil Russell Crowe
The film was absolutely sick. Only saw about 2 episodes of SOC but i liked what i saw.

Re: Which one?

Posted: Feb 21, 2008 12:46pm
by Dretlin
The Evil Russell Crowe wrote:The film was absolutely sick. Only saw about 2 episodes of SOC but i liked what i saw.
I rewatched the movie again today 8)

The series is easliy just as good. Even though it has a very different approach.

Re: Which one?

Posted: Feb 21, 2008 12:50pm
by Commander Sparx
I thick the style of art in all the GIAS is very good, thats one of the reasons why I like it.

Re: Which one?

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 8:05am
by Pennyroyal Tea
I'm into the manga as well the movie is easily in the top three of the best Anime movies ever made with Akira and any one of Miyazaki's or Tezuka's movies.

Re: Which one?

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 9:11am
by Dretlin
Pennyroyal Tea wrote: I'm into the manga as well the movie is easily in the top three of the best Anime movies ever made with Akira and any one of Miyazaki's or Tezuka's movies.
The ghost in the shell movie one of my fav movies ever, not just anime.

SAC is also probably my fav show - at the moment anyway.

I need to create a thread about the movie and SAC cause they are set in completly different story arcs.

Re: Which one?

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 12:02pm
by Pennyroyal Tea
They're both insane in their own ways. Its one of those few series that seem to have a million levels.