No opinion
33%

Total votes: 9

Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

My Moderator Application: Aoi-Chan

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Hello,

As of recently I have been witness to a few very innapropriate comments and actions on AbsoluteAnime. Having seen these thing it has convinced me to attempt to become a moderator so that I may fix and help solve these problems.

Reasons for Applying:

*I realise that moderators are supposed to set a good example for other members to follow. I also realise these "examples" we set will and often come under fire. I believe that I am able to take any scrutiny that may befall me without loosing my cool.

*I have a large sense of right and wrong, and always attempt to do the right thing.

*I am very friendly and love talking to others. Any person can talk to me and become a friend.

*I try my best to be kind and curtious to everyone I meet, as well as use the best spelling and grammar I possibly can.

*I think that I am mature and intelligent enough to handle the moderator power without abusing them.

*I try my best to browse the forum and chat as a whole. I am also extremely dedicated to keeping AA child friendly.

*Regardless of your vote wether it be: yes, no, or no opinion, please explain why you chose it so that I may better myself in those areas.

Thank you very much for reading my moderator application, and I look forward to everyones votes and posts
Last edited by Aoi Sakuraba on Dec 12, 2007 7:13pm, edited 4 times in total.
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Athos

Re: My Moderator Application: Aoi-Chan

Post by Athos »

I say yes because you have humility. You are intelligent, mature, friendly, and easy to approach. :mrgreen:
Member of the ModSquad 8)
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Thank you very much Athos, you're a very nice person and easy to approach yourself.

Thanks for the vote
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Kaoru Hanabishi
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Kaoru Hanabishi »

I think Aoi-Chan is very suitable for a moderator, she has good knowledge on anime, she knows a great deal of Japanese culture as I see alot of people in this community like to explore. Not to mention the fact she is online alot to post and reply to messages, communicating with this community at a constant bases.

She also cares a great deal about other people and always helpful. I think she would make a great moderator who will always be helping another in this community.
(*Bleach 101 Army*) - Recruit
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

WOW, thank you so much, it really is warming to know that even one person thinks I would do a good job. Thank you both very much for the votes.
josh :)
Uber Otaku

Post by josh :) »

what wood u know about being a mod? NOTHING!!
My Facebook Profile Add me as a friend if you want :)
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Jesus Christ wrote:what wood u know about being a mod? NOTHING!!
Can you give a reason for your opinion so maybe I can improve?
josh
Absolute Otaku

Post by josh »

When you were being a hypocrite saying I'm 'spamtatsic' and making fun of me you ignored me when I said you hurt my feelings. You are easily influenced by other members (such was the case with cloud leonheart)

so uh, real mature. Real Intelllgent. Real friendly :(
great friends: Jesus Christ. Dragon X. Locke. Ender. Bambi. Russel.
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

If I ignored you it was on accident, I would never do that intentionally. I am very sorry if I hurt your feelings in any way, I hope you can forgive me.
Raoul Duke
Absolute Otaku

Post by Raoul Duke »

Aoi-Chan wrote:If I ignored you it was on accident, I would never do that intentionally. I am very sorry if I hurt your feelings in any way, I hope you can forgive me.
how fake. Your credibility just went out the window.
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

I meant what I said I don't like hurting others feelings and when I do I try to make up for it. And can you please take my mod app seriously?
Raoul Duke
Absolute Otaku

Post by Raoul Duke »

Aoi-Chan wrote:I meant what I said I don't like hurting others feelings and when I do I try to make up for it. And can you please take my mod app seriously?
I read your application, whilst it 'sounds good', rhetoric means nothing if you don't back it up with action.

You're doing exactly what anyone would do to appear the 'perfect mod', but that's not genuine, and bespeaks self righteous idiocy.
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Raoul Duke wrote:
Aoi-Chan wrote:I meant what I said I don't like hurting others feelings and when I do I try to make up for it. And can you please take my mod app seriously?
I read your application, whilst it 'sounds good', rhetoric means nothing if you don't back it up with action.

You're doing exactly what anyone would do to appear the 'perfect mod', but that's not genuine, and bespeaks self righteous idiocy.
I won't argue with you, as I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If that is your opinion of me then I will accept that.

I thank you for the vote and the explanation behind it.
Biki
Absolute Otaku

Post by Biki »

i voted no opinion. in the short time i've known you, the characteristics you spoke of have been backed up, but i put a large emphasis on "the short time i've known you." i can't vote yes on someone who has barely been here a week. you may have roamed the site, but what can you say you really know of it? i'd have to go with a "not much." and what do the few "inappropriate comments and actions" you've witnessed really tell you of how to correct them? you don't really know the people here so you don't know how to handle them. i have to agree with raoul; your application is like that of the apparent "perfect mod" like any application should be. you need to be a member of AA long enough to get to know the site better. a member for a week and four days doesn't say you even deserve to be a mod to me. no offense, but i can't say yes to this.
ikiBBiki :o
*~Color Me Impressed~*
In honor of Cold Revolver: I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

It is to be expected. I had originally planned on waiting until I had been here a respectable amount of time, but Athos, member whom I have talked alot with and greatly respect said that I should try it anyway. So here I am.

Even though I know the rules, the navigation of the site and where certain content goes, as Biki said I am unfamiliar with the majority of it's members.

Thanks for the comment biki
Biki
Absolute Otaku

Post by Biki »

only upon request love. >.>
ikiBBiki :o
*~Color Me Impressed~*
In honor of Cold Revolver: I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]