Hacking my psp

Discussions about anything videogame-related.
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Hacking my psp

Post by Cold Revolver »

Anyone know How I can hack my psp so I can play classic games and install some emulators, I have done some research but im wondering if anyone has ever tried it or done it before?

Is it true that you have to download to a later OS? Cause that would be kinda pointless..

:pirate:
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Re: Hacking my psp

Post by Cold Revolver »

Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cold Revolver »

The main reason I wish to hack my psp is to play LOD and FFVIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v59oeTxwRFw

I know you can download games to your ps3 soon and play them of your ps3 using your psp, but I thought there were other sites where you can already get the roms and what not?
Can you find your name?
KarinDretJessKoyue

josh
Absolute Otaku

Post by josh »

i dont know much at all, but look up some homebrew sites. they will help
great friends: Jesus Christ. Dragon X. Locke. Ender. Bambi. Russel.
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cold Revolver »

josh wrote:i dont know much at all, but look up some homebrew sites. they will help
I did, they all say I need to downgrade my os.. I think ill just wait to get the download from ps3 when they decide to do that. Currently I am not sure if you can play the new games with a downgraded os.

But I seen people play FF7, FF8 and other ps1 games on their psp, but I believe they downgraded as mentioned.
Can you find your name?
KarinDretJessKoyue

Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cold Revolver »

Alright NVM. I can now watch anime on my psp and I have a working emulator set up. Thanks anyways, Watching Zoids on my psp kicks major ass. Thanks for your help Josh. :)
Can you find your name?
KarinDretJessKoyue

josh
Absolute Otaku

Post by josh »

Glad to be of service Cold :)
great friends: Jesus Christ. Dragon X. Locke. Ender. Bambi. Russel.
Sanger Zomvolt
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sanger Zomvolt »

I hacked my PSP a while back, and the method varies with each different firmware version. Mine was a 2.80 when I downgraded to a 1.0, then to Dark-Alex's custom 3.10 OE-A Firmware. Its a bit outdated since my PSP has been gathering a bit of dust, so I should probably upgrade to a newer custom firmware soon. http://pspupdates.qj.net/ is a good site for homebrew news and information.
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cold Revolver »

Sanger Zomvolt wrote:I hacked my PSP a while back, and the method varies with each different firmware version. Mine was a 2.80 when I downgraded to a 1.0, then to Dark-Alex's custom 3.10 OE-A Firmware. Its a bit outdated since my PSP has been gathering a bit of dust, so I should probably upgrade to a newer custom firmware soon. http://pspupdates.qj.net/ is a good site for homebrew news and information.
Sweet thanks for the info amigo, I feel sorry for your PSP as you never give it the attention is deserves. :pale: Hope you have a Merry Christmas! :)
Can you find your name?
KarinDretJessKoyue