My Moderator Application: Demyx (the real one)

Would I make a good moderator?

Yes, you would
57%
No, you wouldn't
35%
No Opinion
8%

Total votes: 37

Mik3

Re: My Moderator Application: Vampire Ryuji

Post by Mik3 »

It was a good moderator application. I feel the same way at times...

Youve been here long enough, and your post count indicates youve been extremely active.

A yes vote without hesitation, best of luck to you
I remembered my password.
Demyx
Visitor

Post by Demyx »

Thank you.
Demyx
Visitor

Post by Demyx »

Okay, I have a question: Should I vote no opinion so I don't have to keep hitting the 'view results' button? Because it really annoys me to have to do that everytime I check my app.
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Thats what I did on mine. *Shrug*
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
Demyx
Visitor

Post by Demyx »

Okies. Thanks, Lust. Oh, and I got your message from Aiden. Hi to you too. lol.
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

:-$ (shh we're spamming ^^)

Oh.. good luck to you, Vampire Ryuji.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
josh :)
Uber Otaku

Post by josh :) »

Good luck :)
My Facebook Profile Add me as a friend if you want :)
Aiden
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aiden »

oh yeah cause spamming is satan. but it's okay if everyone else besides me does it right? good luck sexy.
(RAH)² (AH)³ + RO (MA + MAMA) + (GA)² + OOH(LA)²
Demyx
Visitor

Post by Demyx »

Uhm, thank you. But please don't spam.
Aiden
Absolute Otaku

Re: My Moderator Application: Demyx (the real one)

Post by Aiden »

spam spam ity spam spam.

i love you.
i think you're going to become a mod soon enough.
Aiden
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aiden »

*hump hump hump Barf* mmm tasty.
Demyx
Visitor

Post by Demyx »

Aiden, I love you to death, but please stop spamming my mod app. I mean it.
..shuichi..
Absolute Otaku

Post by ..shuichi.. »

Hello. I've only voted now because I wanted to know you better. Now that I do, I feel at ease to vote "yes, you would."
I'm one of those people who didn't like you at first. You always seemed rude and conceived. But now that I know you a little better, I know you're now. You're actually very nice. I've seen you try not to break the rules and help other in doing so, so I believe you would be a good mod.
Good luck Kelly ^^
«If you aren’t remembered, then you never existed»
Demyx
Visitor

Post by Demyx »

Thank you very much, Shuichi.
Amray
Uber Otaku

Post by Amray »

Demyx wrote:Aiden, I love you to death, but please stop spamming my mod app. I mean it.
This is Proof Enough That She'll Be a Fine Moderator.

Good Luck.
Hm Hm Hm Ha Ha Ha HA HA HAAA
Zabo
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Zabo »

Recorded Feb 1 2008

An Interview

TBZ: So, as I was saying: Do you visit anywhere else other than the humdrum General
Forum area and the RP section?

Demyx: I do.

TBZ: And, describe where and what you do there?

Demyx: I admit that I do not post often anywhere else. I will often see what the current running
discussions are in the music and video game sections.

TBZ: Why not the anime sections?

Demyx: Hm. I'm not sure. I've just never felt the need to check them out too much.

TBZ: And what is the name of this site?

Demyx: Absolute Anime. lol. I see your point, and it is valid

TBZ: Which means the primary focus of this site is Anime. Something you should be
concerned with.

Demyx: I am concerned with Anime, and I read and watch a lot of it

TBZ: Then why have you not felt the need to check the various sections?

Demyx: But that does not mean I need to come on here and strictly go into those parts of the forum

TBZ: That's not what I'm saying. You can go on the Hangout section sure, but a Mod needs to concern his/herself with the entire site. This includes the Anime sections. So checking them every so often and keeping tabs on any bad joo-joo in there would help everyone in the end.

Demyx: I know that, Zabowski, and I appreciate your criticism. I really do

TBZ: Hey, no prob.

Demyx: Its just that I don't often get to read a whole series through, and I don't want to go into the
anime section and end up sounding like a noob

TBZ: Now that's where you're wrong. You're not going in there to nitpick. That's what fan-people are for ^^. You're there to just prune and clean the place up; notify Ken of duplicate threads, knock down any flaming, check or spamming, just general forum upkeep. And if anyone gets into a flame/argument war, you're there to moderate and help the situation come to a conclusion. PEACEFULLY. Now what I do have a problem with is your criticizing of some Mod pages. IF that's any indication of how you'd handle a situation or idea from a new member or one who doesn't realize the necessity of posting in length…then there may be work needed.

Demyx: I see. Well, I admit that my criticism is a tad bit extreme. But I only do it because the site needs good, responsible mods that can be well understood. I do not, however, go in there and point out the flaws of others just for fun. And if they can't handle the harsh criticism that is dealt to them in a decent way, then they need to improve before wanting to become a mod. This is my considered opinion.

TBZ: Does it need to be worded harsh? Do you think you should befriend them and maybe mentor them on the ways to be a good member and mod?

Demyx: I realize what you mean by that, Zabowski, and I do believe that is a better method than what I have done. But I also believe that some people deserve the harsh criticism. ******** is a prime example, if nothing else.

TBZ: Deserve? No one deserves anything. They earn it. That is one thing I've learned as being a mod. Members never deserve my criticism, or respect. They earn my criticism and respect.

Demyx: Ah, I see.

TBZ: And another thing: Everyone starts on the same plane.

TBZ: No one is lower, or higher than the other; regardless of relationships of a personal or friend nature.

Demyx: I agree.

TBZ: So it's up to the other mods to do this as well, which I may discuss in a thread. I'm glad you understand, Dem.

Demyx: I do. And I'm glad that you have shared this all with me.

TBZ: And judging by your responses, I will still vote no opinion, but know that I will look
highly upon you if you do make mod.

Demyx: It may seem that I'm blowing this all off, but I really am thinking this all over.

TBZ: Not at all. You seem to be well liked by some, which is a start. But it's not always the key to winning a post, election, etc.

Demyx: I know. Being a mod is not a popularity contest. Exactly. I hate popularity contests, because I'm not overly popular. lol

TBZ: But you have to believe that.

Demyx: This has been an ideal opportunity for me. Thank you

TBZ: No problem.

In closing: I believe that though she needs work, Demyx does have much potential. I will vote no opinion at the moment, but if she does make Mod, she will have my "backdoor" approval. Keep it up, Demyx.